Quantcast

Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Kickstarter for TANGLEWOOD: An original game for the SEGA Genesis/Mega Drive

Quote Originally Posted by avlon View Post
    This seems to be true. Looking at my Youtube & Blogger stats, I get nil hits from twitter. If anything gets posted on FB, I get a lot more traffic.
    Seems to depend on the region, e.g. Facebook is dying (if not outright practically dead) in Japan but Twitter and LINE are on the rise. Meanwhile in Argentina people seem convinced that Facebook is the entire internet, kind of surprised carriers aren't offering Facebook-only plans yet.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingWCPO Agent avlon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sik View Post
    Seems to depend on the region, e.g. Facebook is dying (if not outright practically dead) in Japan but Twitter and LINE are on the rise. Meanwhile in Argentina people seem convinced that Facebook is the entire internet, kind of surprised carriers aren't offering Facebook-only plans yet.
    I wouldn't be surprised. Different regions have differing mindsets and infrastructures.

Changed my pledge from 60 to 100 (red edition) to help as much as I can this kickstarter. However, from the stats it looks that it won't get funded. Matt since your work till now is amazing, do you have any other plans if the KS campaign fails? I would love to see Tanglewood come to life and I will try to support you in any other platform.

Without being expert I suppose the 48k was way too high for the megadrive/genesis community. I know that you did the math and this amount is what it is required to make the game happen, but probably this is discouraging for KS backers. I mean anyone who reads the campaign today and realizes that 12k are missing he will get disappointed and wont pledge. However if the limit was lower e.g. 35k or 40k, potential backers would pledge since it would be very close to the target. Plus KS limit is only the requirement to get the funds. You could easily surpass it, and finally get more than you requested. Now that you have the knowledge that megadrive/genesis audience can support you to raise an amount of 35~40k probably you can come back with a redesigned campaign and get the funding.

Again I wish all the best!
    Cheers!

Level 1 Blast Processor Road Rasher

Quote Originally Posted by elefas View Post
    Changed my pledge from 60 to 100 (red edition) to help as much as I can this kickstarter. However, from the stats it looks that it won't get funded. Matt since your work till now is amazing, do you have any other plans if the KS campaign fails? I would love to see Tanglewood come to life and I will try to support you in any other platform.

Without being expert I suppose the 48k was way too high for the megadrive/genesis community. I know that you did the math and this amount is what it is required to make the game happen, but probably this is discouraging for KS backers. I mean anyone who reads the campaign today and realizes that 12k are missing he will get disappointed and wont pledge. However if the limit was lower e.g. 35k or 40k, potential backers would pledge since it would be very close to the target. Plus KS limit is only the requirement to get the funds. You could easily surpass it, and finally get more than you requested. Now that you have the knowledge that megadrive/genesis audience can support you to raise an amount of 35~40k probably you can come back with a redesigned campaign and get the funding.

Again I wish all the best!
    Cheers!
    There's another Computerphile video coming (that brought in a lot of backers last time) and there's supposedly a rush in the last three days (when it starts appearing in the "ending soon" section on Kickstarter.com) so we'll see what happens then.

If I don't make it, I'll descope and work on it in my spare time, saving up as much as I can for a contract artist, but the carts won't be anywhere near as good and I'd have to cut the second character from the game. It also means dropping the potential plans for a Dreamcast port, HD re-release on modern consoles, and I can't start up a proper studio to make more games after this one, on the basis that there's not enough interest for this kind of thing. I was hoping retail cart/Steam sales after the KS might bring in some capital for this

I could possibly take up one of the publishing offers from Watermelon/Piko/etc.

16-bits is all he needs Master of Shinobi matteus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BigEvilCorporation View Post
    There's another Computerphile video coming (that brought in a lot of backers last time) and there's supposedly a rush in the last three days (when it starts appearing in the "ending soon" section on Kickstarter.com) so we'll see what happens then.

If I don't make it, I'll descope and work on it in my spare time, saving up as much as I can for a contract artist, but the carts won't be anywhere near as good and I'd have to cut the second character from the game. It also means dropping the potential plans for a Dreamcast port, HD re-release on modern consoles, and I can't start up a proper studio to make more games after this one, on the basis that there's not enough interest for this kind of thing. I was hoping retail cart/Steam sales after the KS might bring in some capital for this

My thoughts are you'll be close, I wouldn't rule out the HD remakes, etc just yet. Once you have a fully working MD game these maybe easier to sell to people on kickstarter

Road Rasher

Quote Originally Posted by elefas View Post
    It's definitely going to be close, but if you look at KickTraq's experimental "Projection" feature the goal amount is roughly in the middle of the range of projected outcomes. It's far from being a sure thing, but it's too early to give up hope.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingWCPO Agent avlon's Avatar

Thank you, Piko, and everyone else that allowed use and participated in the remake commercial. Feel free to use this to advertise your game if it helps buddy! Hopefully, I get an "A" on it.

Oh, and we're on Kickbooster if you'd like some incentive to share the word - you get 10% of any pledges raised through your own affiliate link: https://tanglewood.kickbooster.me/

Raging in the Streets SEGA.GENESIS1989's Avatar

Oh, and we're on Kickbooster if you'd like some incentive to share the word - you get 10% of any pledges raised through your own affiliate link: https://tanglewood.kickbooster.me/
    So far so good! You're sitting with 40K at the moment and within striking distance! With 5 days to go, 8k seems very doable! Keep up the momentum Matty boy!
    "There's nothing to fear, except fear itself"
    http://i1054.photobucket.com/albums/s486/link2link2link/YUZOKOSHIROISAGODNEOSEEDEDITION.gif

16-bits is all he needs Master of Shinobi matteus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SEGA.GENESIS1989 View Post
    So far so good! You're sitting with 40K at the moment and within striking distance! With 5 days to go, 8k seems very doable! Keep up the momentum Matty boy!
    That is very good! It's certainly going to be very very close! Fingers crossed for that surge at the end to push it over!

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingRoad Rasher AggroSky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gogogadget View Post
    Twitter is a dying platform, so yeah it's not worth caring much for now.
    Twitter isn't a dying platform, it's merely stagnant, but still extremely relevant in many ways. Although they'd do better to go back to a private company rather than having the pressures of being public and pleasing the shareholders, which is what's bringing them down.

As for Tanglewood, it's really close! I'm going to do everything I can to help spread the word in the last 4 days. I am pretty confident that it will fund, the last 3 days there is always a rush, especially when it's this close.

Quote Originally Posted by AggroSky View Post
    Twitter isn't a dying platform, it's merely stagnant, but still extremely relevant in many ways. Although they'd do better to go back to a private company rather than having the pressures of being public and pleasing the shareholders, which is what's bringing them down.
    After certain threshold they're required by law to disclose all their financial stuff and at that point they may as well fill for an IPO (if they don't then people can go for the shareholders and buy their shares directly just as easily since the information is now available to everybody). This is actually what happened to Facebook.

The problem with Twitter is that stagnant is not good enough when shareholders want exponential growth so they can cash in at last minute. Notice how the measure for success is always "keeps growing", not "has enough means to stay alive" =|

Raging in the Streets SEGA.GENESIS1989's Avatar

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by matteus View Post
    That is very good! It's certainly going to be very very close! Fingers crossed for that surge at the end to push it over!
    41,337 pledged of 48,000 goal
    522 backers
    4 days to go go go!

"There's nothing to fear, except fear itself"
    http://i1054.photobucket.com/albums/s486/link2link2link/YUZOKOSHIROISAGODNEOSEEDEDITION.gif

Edge of my seat.

This new Computerphile video can't come soon enough! I think it goes live on Friday.

Thread Information