Quantcast

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lancia Stratos

Indeed, that is pretty much the car I mean. Its popular now, but since I don't live in Japan, my neighbour was the laughing stock of the street for owning one back in the day.

Like I said, it was seen as a crap car (outside of Japan) at the time, but now there's a whole generation of 20 year olds that are too young to remember the car when it was current, and they think its awesome despite having no knowledge or experience of it outside of Grand Theft Auto or Gran Turismo. Personally I think it looks nice for its time, but I can't get over the image it had back in the day.

I guess. Corollas and their Japanese brothers were never crap cars IMO, they were built well and ran no matter how much abuse their "owners" served up. You are thinking of GM compact cars 1979-present.

It's not a race car, but it's fun.

Bring on the noise! WCPO Agent Bones Justice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Moham View Post
    http://www.igcd.net/vehicles.php?mak...&model=Stratos

Most of the Gran Turismo games include the Stratos.

Have you ever driven one? They look great, but they have a reputation for being a bit of a pig to drive.
    It's not a pig, it's a beast. I know, I know, lots of torque on a short wheel base is a dangerous combination. But it's also a proven champion many times over. It's fun to drive and I love the retro-futuristic styling.

Thanks for the link.
    Slayer-1: "Minus 210 degrees...minus 215...minus 220. Why are you still standing?"

Bones: "My will...will not die."

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=AJ-iQfP3mFs

Quote Originally Posted by Bones Justice View Post
    Love the Lancia Stratos. Too bad even the replicas are expensive. I wish somebody made a cheap kit just for us regulars to play with.

Anyways, I was wondering what games include the Lancia Stratos. These are the ones I have:

Sega Rally (Saturn)
    Sega Rally 2 (Dreamcast)
    Gran Turismo 2 (Dreamcast via Bleemcast)
    all gran turismo games pretty much. know I've had it in every one since 3

Default V-Rally 2 Dreamcast?

What's this game now? V-Rally 2 shows PC, PS, and Dreamcast. I don't have that one for Dreamcast (or the others, of course).

I'm sure it's not this one but this is a cool cover:

I also found this one but only as an import:

Slayer-1: "Minus 210 degrees...minus 215...minus 220. Why are you still standing?"

This will always be my favorite Lancia Stratos:

I really want to play Forza on my original Xbox now.

I recently played Transformers Devastation at a friend's house and I noticed that Wheeljack is a playable character, does that mean that Transformers is on the list of games that include the Lancia Stratos?

Its obviously not Licensed by Lancia, so its not exactly an accurate representation of the real car.
    I command you to rise from your grave, use steroids and run around in your underwear kicking dogs.

Hard Road! ESWAT Veteran Barone's Avatar

Indeed, that is pretty much the car I mean. Its popular now, but since I don't live in Japan, my neighbour was the laughing stock of the street for owning one back in the day.
    It has always been associated to mountain/drift racing in Japanese games.
    I think the phenomenon you're talking about is more related to the following that anything Japanese gets these days, especially by nerds/hipsters/gamers.

I recently played Transformers Devastation at a friend's house and I noticed that Wheeljack is a playable character, does that mean that Transformers is on the list of games that include the Lancia Stratos?

Its obviously not Licensed by Lancia, so its not exactly an accurate representation of the real car.
    I've never followed any of the Transformers stuff, didn't know there was a Stratos character. I take it from YouTube that the game is a fighting game, though. Or do you also do driving in it?

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingNameless One Cafeman's Avatar

Lancia Stratos is like butter racing on ice! In Sega Rally it is. If feels like a light, but powerful car with tremendous acceleration compared to the 2 default cars, and easy to oversteer and lose precious seconds. *

* I can still beat the game with it though.
    Last edited by Cafeman; 01-09-2018 at 01:04 PM.

I got to drive on the streets of Monaco in the evening one time during the Gran Prix. There were a lot of Ferraris and Lamborghinis there but this was so much cooler. Unfortunately, there was so much traffic that I never got to open her up until I got out of the city. I drove it down to Nice along the coast and it definitely had a scary edge to it. I have never considered stealing a car before but I really thought about just keep going.

Quote Originally Posted by Bones Justice View Post
    I've never followed any of the Transformers stuff, didn't know there was a Stratos character. I take it from YouTube that the game is a fighting game, though. Or do you also do driving in it?
    The characters can drive around the stages, from what I've played it seems that most of the game is in robot mode. The obvious licensing issue means that none of the cars look like their real life counterparts though.
    I command you to rise from your grave, use steroids and run around in your underwear kicking dogs.

Thread Information