Quantcast

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Sega Saturn had only 2 excellent titles?

Default Sega Saturn had only 2 excellent titles?

I was chatting with friends and they claimed that SS had only 2 titles considered best of common. I bought an Sega Saturn and had good feelings with it. I mentioned various games and so they told to me that they referred to "exclusive" games. For example: X-men: Children of the Atom not is counted because it was realized for PS too. I recognize that i dont know all Saturn Games but i tried put all that i considered EXCELLENT like Shining Force III.
    You could post here titles of Saturn that in your opinion are above of common?
    They claimed also that Sega Saturn was a fail Business which i considered too radical. IMO the Sega Saturn not had all the lineup than PS but i dont considered it a junk.
    Thanks
    "I wanted to create something that the Famicom wouldn’t have been able to do..." (Kotaro Hayashida)
    Don´t let Wii die!!!

Banned by Administrators

Try playing Shining the Holy Ark before Shining Force 3.

Raging in the Streets Thierry Henry's Avatar

The Saturn and "junk" in the same sentence? Depends on your skewed? perspective, I guess. But overall I'd go with "No" on that one.
    Quote Originally Posted by soviet View Post
    We believe! SEGA Empire will live again! As the Jews re-established their Israel, GOD will never forget his people, SEGA will never forget her fans!

Saturn wasn't a success here in the states, at least sales-wise. As for there being only a couple of excellent titles? Nonsense.

Radiant Silvergun
    Saturn Bomberman
    Panzer Dragoon and Zwei
    Shining Force III
    Guardian Heroes
    Batsugun
    Battle Garegga
    Dark Savior
    Daytona Circuit Edition
    Burning Rangers
    Virtual On
    Baku Baku Animal
    Dungeons and Dragon Collection

and lots of other titles, that sure, were available elsewhere put paid to that. The Saturn is fantastic.
    "Two and two continue to make four, in spite of the whine of the amateur for three, or the cry of the critic for five." - James McNeill Whistler

Banned by Administrators

^ What, naming shooters and racers but no Galactic Attack and Sega Rally?

Lately, I've been meaning to give the first two Dragoon games another go. Last I played them were in rentals back in the day and didn't beat them. But if anything is going to help me get into the scrolling forward shooters, it could be these two.

Anyway, I want to talk more about StHA. Magazines may of hyped Grandia as the FF killer Saturn needed, but I think it's StHA. I wouldn't go as far as killer, as I enjoy both StHA and FFVII (my most replayed RPGs for both consoles). But it is my fave of the two, and if anything, it has to be the biggest missed out on RPG of the 32-Bit era. With really good atmosphere and lore I fail to see anyone not fall in love with, only with the first person view, it's like you're living and breathing in that great fantasy world. And that music. Then add exciting turn based combat (which is rare), interesting to play as characters (that level up even if not in main party awesomeness) and unique equipment. And it's really a total package JRPG as it can get. PS - Hiroyuki Takahashi even stated he's most proud of this game.

Hero of Algol

Magazines may of hyped Grandia as the FF killer Saturn
    Grandia! I remember in viewed it on magazines. I never played it.
    "I wanted to create something that the Famicom wouldn’t have been able to do..." (Kotaro Hayashida)
    Don´t let Wii die!!!

NDS

Seriously what the heck is going on with this thread? There's just way too many awesome games that came out on the Saturn. Whoever you were talking to is a fucking idiot.
    05/05/15

Quote Originally Posted by BonusKun View Post
    Seriously what the heck is going on with this thread? There's just way too many awesome games that came out on the Saturn. Whoever you were talking to is a fucking idiot.
    The thread is only to found excellent SS games unknown. Any member could have experience with much more titles and share it here. What i remember is that Saturn had more sucess in Japan than US but i dont know all exclusive titles realized there.
    Don´t let Wii die!!!

Death Bringer Raging in the Streets Black_Tiger's Avatar

Just make them play through Tengai Makyou The Apocalypse IV.
    Quote Originally Posted by year2kill06
    everyone knows nintendo is far way cooler than sega just face it nintendo has more better games and originals

Raging in the Streets

The Saturn is awesome and has so many good games, but it is still a flop.

Since I bought lastcallhall's modded Saturn, I keep forgetting to start a thread asking for the recommended Saturn games, since I can play totally unauthorized copies so money is no object.

That's a crock of shit. I've only had a Saturn now for a year and a half and it's all opinions, but come on. There's more than two good titles. Gex was fun. I've enjoyed some of the racing games. Sega Rally, Nascar, Daytona USA.

Raging in the Streets Thierry Henry's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gentlegamer View Post
    Since I bought lastcallhall's modded Saturn, I keep forgetting to start a thread asking for the recommended Saturn games, since I can play totally unauthorized copies so money is no object.
    Soon I'll be on the same path. Picked up an "Sega Pseudo Saturn" cart off of eBay. Seemed a decent deal for $23
    Quote Originally Posted by soviet View Post
    We believe! SEGA Empire will live again! As the Jews re-established their Israel, GOD will never forget his people, SEGA will never forget her fans!

Antiquing Hedgehog Lord QuickSciFi's Avatar

I only have about 70 of the 245 released in the US, and looking at the library as I write this I find dozens of awesome ones I want to play. I can't say the same thing about my Sega CD collection. And add to that all the regions the Saturn was released in, I'd say there are plenty of above average titles to enjoy. I have the same feelings about the Dreamcast. Both systems are shockfull of fun.

Thread Information