Quantcast

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Sega Saturn had only 2 excellent titles?

There's more than two good titles
    Well, they admit that there is good titles for SS but not more than 2 Excellent titles exclusives (not figured in PS1). The problem is the definition of "Excellent" what for them is something memorable.
    "I wanted to create something that the Famicom wouldn’t have been able to do..." (Kotaro Hayashida)
    Don´t let Wii die!!!

Death Bringer Raging in the Streets Black_Tiger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by segarule View Post
    Well, they admit that there is good titles for SS but not more than 2 Excellent titles exclusives (not figured in PS1). The problem is the definition of "Excellent" what for them is something memorable.
    How are you supposed to remember games you've never played?
    Quote Originally Posted by year2kill06
    everyone knows nintendo is far way cooler than sega just face it nintendo has more better games and originals

Quote Originally Posted by Black_Tiger View Post
    How are you supposed to remember games you've never played?
    They played many games but seems that they dont liked. Except Guardian heroes and other (i dont remember now). And others they dont know via console but emulator. However they dont know all saturn games and i think this is point for ignorance but is good have an opinion about games realized in Japan for example.
    "I wanted to create something that the Famicom wouldn’t have been able to do..." (Kotaro Hayashida)
    Don´t let Wii die!!!

Is this thread necessary?

If anyone can only think of two excellent games on the Saturn, you don't first question it like maybe it's true, and you certainly second don't create a topic to generate conversation as if the Saturn really only had two excellent games.

Instead, you first: Punch that person in the throat.

And second: Go and play Fighters Megamix.

I mean damn. Let's not forget the entire capcom vs series with the RAM cart.
    05/05/15

8 & 16 bit guy Outrunner Bloodreign's Avatar

2 excellent titles on Saturn? Whomever said this is a madman. I'm over 50 Saturn titles, most of these quite good. There's even stuff I don't have that's great, like Street Fighter Zero 3, Marvel Super Heroes Vs Street Fighter, and Purikura Daisakusen (this one is super awesome, I also like the series she is from, Power Instinct) to name a few.

Then there's the Samurai Shodowns, the King of Fighters games, Tokimeki Memorial Taisen Puzzle Dama, Chibi Maruko-chan Taisen Puzzle Dama, Puyo Puyo Tsuu, Puyo Puyo Sun, 3 Magical Drops, the Phantasy Star Collection, and Saturn Bomberman. That's more than 2 there, tell those people to have their heads examined, they're crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Lync View Post
    Is this thread necessary?

If anyone can only think of two excellent games on the Saturn, you don't first question it like maybe it's true, and you certainly second don't create a topic to generate conversation as if the Saturn really only had two excellent games.

Instead, you first: Punch that person in the throat.

And second: Go and play Fighters Megamix.
    Keep calm. I dont created the thread for know if my friends are correct or wrong but for members here share games considering to be AAA (?) Or excellent games realized in Japan and not known of most people.
    I will try adopt you "first" advice.
    Don´t let Wii die!!!

They claimed also that Sega Saturn was a fail Business which i considered too radical. IMO the Sega Saturn not had all the lineup than PS but i dont considered it a junk.
    Thanks
    This isn't radical at all. The Sega Saturn was an abysmal failure from a Business standpoint, especially outside of Japan. Now it wasn't as bad as say the Jaguar, but it was still in last place among the 3 big name systems and dead after about 2-3 years on the market.

NiGHTS into Dreams, Burning Rangers, Panzer Dragoon Saga in my opinion can all be considered Excellent games. Not to mention the Street Fighter Alpha 3 port (better than the arcade)
    Quote Originally Posted by j_factor View Post
    The Sega Saturn was God's gift to humanity. This is inarguable fact!
    Quote Originally Posted by llj View Post
    Count me as someone who never liked the Turbo/Hyper Fighting iterations of Street Fighter 2. The speed ups always struck me as too "Benny Hill".

Feedback Thread: http://www.sega-16.com/forum/showthr...ack&highlight=

Man in Black Master of Shinobi IrishNinja's Avatar

its weird that retro stuff has been in for years, but ignorance about stuff like the saturn's library of classics still persists - i guess i'd hoped with scenes like that & the turbografx absolutely exploding in price, some knowledge would spread with it.

I wish most people still thought old games were bad.

Raging in the Streets

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    NiGHTS into Dreams, Burning Rangers, Panzer Dragoon Saga in my opinion can all be considered Excellent games. Not to mention the Street Fighter Alpha 3 port (better than the arcade)
    I'd put Burning Rangers in the excellent column if it was a bit more polished, but the ever present pop in and that sours it for me.

Which is a shame because the game has some excellent ideas thrown into the mix

Death Bringer Raging in the Streets Black_Tiger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gogogadget View Post
    I'd put Burning Rangers in the excellent column if it was a bit more polished, but the ever present pop in and that sours it for me.

Which is a shame because the game has some excellent ideas thrown into the mix
    Although I'm not a fan of Burning Rangers, I didn't find any pop-up in it to be off-putting. Maybe if I cared more about the game I would.

Pop-up only seemed bad to me in games with poor overall artwork/style or it ruined the gameplay.

Daytona USA is still one of my favorite games of the generation and looks and plays great because it captures the magic of the arcade game. Technicalities like framerate and draw distance aren't equal across games and it's each game's overall experience that I react to.

I realize that it's likely similar for you and we have different preferences, but I'm still surprised that it could ruin that particular game for anyone who finds it otherwise excellent.
    Quote Originally Posted by year2kill06
    everyone knows nintendo is far way cooler than sega just face it nintendo has more better games and originals

End of line.. Hero of Algol gamevet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by IrishNinja View Post
    its weird that retro stuff has been in for years, but ignorance about stuff like the saturn's library of classics still persists - i guess i'd hoped with scenes like that & the turbografx absolutely exploding in price, some knowledge would spread with it.
    It's kind of a double edged sword. It didn't get a lot of love, but those that own the system and its low print run of games hold onto the titles more than any other console. I'd say that it's one of the more expensive consoles (outside of the NEO-GEO) to collect games for. I had the good fortune of getting most of my games on the cheap for the console, because I've had it since day one in North America.
    A Black Falcon: no, computer games and video games are NOT the same thing. Video games are on consoles, computer games are on PC. The two kinds of games are different, and have significantly different design styles, distribution methods, and game genre selections. Computer gaming and console (video) gaming are NOT the same thing."

Raging in the Streets bultje112's Avatar

They played many games but seems that they dont liked. Except Guardian heroes and other (i dont remember now). And others they dont know via console but emulator. However they dont know all saturn games and i think this is point for ignorance but is good have an opinion about games realized in Japan for example.
    where you talking to this guy?

Thread Information