Quantcast

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: finding secret character in X-MEN

Quote Originally Posted by ironnick23 View Post
    Itís hard to remember exactly what happened now but I recall the character change triggering it
    Working with that information, I've made a tiny bit of progress. Who is that in the picture? It should be one of the bosses. I'm able to control them for a bit, but then they freeze. Are you normally allowed to play as the bosses? Still working on Storm.

EDIT: I always have problems getting attachments to view correctly, but clicking on the link will show the picture. (fixed)

Deathbird.jpg
    Last edited by Tony H; 06-23-2019 at 05:34 PM.

The Cat in the Hat Shining Hero NeoVamp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tony H View Post
    EDIT: I always have problems getting attachments to view correctly, but clicking on the link will show the picture.
    No it doesn't, attachments are always broken.

Use https://imgur.com instead.

Quote Originally Posted by NeoVamp View Post
    No it doesn't, attachments are always broken.

Use https://imgur.com instead.
    Thanks for the tip. I found that if you make the picture small enough here, the attachments will work. Will check out your link shortly.

P.S. The picture should be showing now, although pretty small.

Here's a Game Genie code to let you *sort of* play as one of the bosses. You'll only have very limited control of Sabertooth (is Sabertooth a boss?). You can make him move Left or Right, but that's about it. Not at all playable, but still kind of interesting.

X-Men (Genesis)

C3SA-A9ZY
    Play as Sabertooth (sort of) when you select Nightcrawler as your character. You can either start as Nightcrawler, or switch to him. Not at all playable, but you can move him Right or Left.

Sabertooth.jpg
    Last edited by Tony H; 06-23-2019 at 11:32 PM.

Wow!!! Tony H you are so close! You are on to something here. That first image is a boss in the space station, and sabertooth is a boss as well. I must have remembered correctly then about the character switch. Hah man this made my day. So odd you can only walk left and right, but you cannot jump or attack? I recall that might be the case. Back in what the 90ís? when it happened I was trying to take the controller from my dad while he played as storm and he refused to give up the controller lol, but yeah shortly after Storm was killed-maybe from not being able to attack?

I just went through to see if there were other female character bosses that I could have mistaken for storm; but it seems unlikely. Dude thank you so much for getting this far. It seems much more likely now, I swear I wasnít making it up haha just that not seeing any info on this on the internet made it seem so magical at the time- I was starting to think I made the whole thing up and was going crazy

Master of Shinobi midnightrider's Avatar

There's no mode where you could play as the bosses(heh, now I wish Blue Sky Software had a crack at X-Men :P). The Sabretooth battle was an odd one though. I couldn't remember exactly how to do it now, but if you called in Iceman at the right time, his ice bridge would immediately eliminate Sabretooth.

Maybe with 2 or 3 lines of Game Genie codes, they'd be fully playable in some capacity, otherwise maybe a rom hacker will feel up to it some day.

I imagine that hacking the game would be better long term anyway, as it gives more freedom to fix any issues that may crop up (though emulators can take unlimited Game Genie codes so that's less of an issue than on the Game Genie cartridge, and you can always prepatch the codes into the ROM and use a flashcart).

To be thorough, I tested the other 3 bosses. Zaldane freezes instantly when you switch over to him. Apocalypse will move left or right, but freezes within a couple seconds. Juggernaut is probably the best out of all of the bosses. You can move him left or right without many issues. He can't jump but he will drop down. There is running animation for him at times, and "landing" animation when he hits the ground. The game will freeze if an enemy touches him. Would be a ton of work to get him working as a fully playable character.

Here are a couple Game Genie codes for anyone interested in seeing Juggernaut as a partially playable character...

BPSA-AAFW +
    9BSA-A6PY
    During gameplay, switch to Nightcrawler to play as Juggernaut. He can only move left or right (can't jump or attack). Game will freeze if an enemy touches him. Best to start as another character besides Nightcrawler, then switch to Nightcrawler in the game.

P.S. When I get time, I might try using other characters besides Nightcrawler to see if I get better results.

Thread Information