Quantcast

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Winter / spring 2017 broadcast television shows

Antiquing Hedgehog Lord QuickSciFi's Avatar

I watched Prison Break bitd. The first two seasons were good. But after that the production value and writing just went downhill.

How does it compare now?

bump!

Looks like The Witcher book series is getting the Netflix serial treatment.
    https://www.theverge.com/2017/5/17/1...flix-announced

So... There is no way this will not get compared to Game of Thrones, the books already are. But I really wonder just how much production value Netflix will allow.

Has there really been a single Netflix series that has taken-up this much scale? I don't think so. Here's to hoping they get it right.

Bring on the noise! WCPO Agent Bones Justice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by QuickSciFi View Post
    I watched Prison Break bitd. The first two seasons were good. But after that the production value and writing just went downhill.

How does it compare now?
    I never watched the old show. This new one is only nine episodes and is a complete story. They probably could have stretched it out to thirteen or more episodes with filler but they did it right. I just finished watching the finale and really enjoyed it. They did leave a window of opportunity for new adventures but no cliffhangers.

I also watched the finale of Making History. It was actually the best episode of the series. Such an odd show, I probably would watch if they bring it back.

I keep thinking that Time After Time is the real loss. They hinted at using other H.G. Wells stuff. I would have liked to have seen War of the Worlds, of course. They could have used more obscure stuff like When the Sleeper Wakes, too.
    Slayer-1: "Minus 210 degrees...minus 215...minus 220. Why are you still standing?"

Bones: "My will...will not die."

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=AJ-iQfP3mFs

Just binge-watched Castlevania on Netflix. It was fantastic. It did not hold back one bit. Full of story. Appropriate use of curse words, baby eating demons, gory and creepy, scary for the right reasons... I was not expecting it to be so adult. So happy they catered to the crowd that grew up with it. Oh, and Thorin Okenshield himself, Richard Armitage, as Trevor Belmont.

Salvation premiered last Tuesday on CBS. Did anyone else watch it? It's about a meteor hitting the Earth in six months and the government conspiracy to cover it up. Or maybe it's about saving the Earth. Or maybe it's about saving the human race. Or maybe it's about what people would do if the world was about to end.

Now normally, I would not even start watching a show like this. I mean, I already suffered through movies like Deep Impact, Armageddon, and even Meteor. They all sucked but in my defense, I usually like Bruce Willis and Sean Connery movies.

So why did I start watching Salvation? The blame here goes to You, Me, and the Apocalypse. The first thing that I liked right off was that there was no doubt about the payoff; it was one of those flashback kind of stories. The real shocker was Megan Mullaly as a NeoNazi. I was never a fan of hers but she was terrific in that show. Anyways, Salvation does not look good in comparison but then they've only shown one episode so far. Also, Apocalypse was a dark comedy so they were able to get away with a lot more than Salvation can. I'm not sure if Salvation will even end well or if it will be like those awful movies.
    Slayer-1: "Minus 210 degrees...minus 215...minus 220. Why are you still standing?"

I'll check it out.

Right now I'm binge watching Fortitude on Amazon Prime. Great stuff.

Oops, my bad, Salvation is on Wednesdays, not Tuesdays. So it's on tonight.

^I'll probably binge-watch it anyways, though.

Thread Information