Quantcast

Thread: College Basketball's National Championship Hosted By Billy Parker

Death Adder's minion

Default College Basketball's National Championship Hosted By Billy Parker

Cruising eBay and saw a VHS for Post cereal, so I looked it up on YouTube and found this, I tried finding any other info on this game, not much has turned up. It looks like this might be the only video of it out there. Skip to 2:45 for all the 32X info. It looks rough, but shows that it was a playable game at one point. Segaretro says there are no screen shots out there.

Bring on the noise! WCPO Agent Bones Justice's Avatar

Wow, that is a great find. I never saw that before. I always wondered why Sega never tried Sports Talk for other sports. Maybe this one would have used it.
    Slayer-1: "Minus 210 degrees...minus 215...minus 220. Why are you still standing?"

Bones: "My will...will not die."

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=AJ-iQfP3mFs

The Gaming Gangsta Master of Shinobi profholt82's Avatar

Sharp eyes, and cool find. I wouldn't exactly call that snippet playable though, probably more like a rough demo, but it was definitely something. Beyond the court, the background was black, and the player movement was very rough and jagged. But, clearly it was further along than the internet has told us. (We all know that everything we read on the internet is true. ;p) It would be interesting to hear the story from one of the developers.

How about Sega 90s guy though? Wow. He reminds me of that angry little guy on youtube with the long hair and beanie who yells and swears about trivial stuff. Don't know his name, but his videos have been linked by others here a couple of times.

Quote Originally Posted by profholt82 View Post
    Sharp eyes, and cool find. I wouldn't exactly call that snippet playable though, probably more like a rough demo, but it was definitely something. Beyond the court, the background was black, and the player movement was very rough and jagged. But, clearly it was further along than the internet has told us. (We all know that everything we read on the internet is true. ;p) It would be interesting to hear the story from one of the developers.

How about Sega 90s guy though? Wow. He reminds me of that angry little guy on youtube with the long hair and beanie who yells and swears about trivial stuff. Don't know his name, but his videos have been linked by others here a couple of times.
    AlphaOmegaSin? If it's him, I hate that guy. There's some other guy I'm thinking. He didn't have long hair but was a huge wrestling fan and he kept getting his channels deleted for derogatory reasons.

The College Basketball game. Looks like an alpha test to see if it could work. Really, nobody was committed to doing college basketball at that time. EA had Coach K on Genesis in 95. Nintendo had their own NCAA game. Bethesda had a few back in the 90s on DOS computers. Mindscape had one on Genesis and SNES. Time Warner had Dick Vitale Awesome Hoops.

The Gaming Gangsta Master of Shinobi profholt82's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sull56ivan2010 View Post
    AlphaOmegaSin? If it's him, I hate that guy. There's some other guy I'm thinking. He didn't have long hair but was a huge wrestling fan and he kept getting his channels deleted for derogatory reasons.
    Looked up the name, yep that's the guy. The Sega 90s guy with attitude reminded me of him.

Thread Information