Quantcast

Thread: Well, I got my new GG...

Game Gear Well, I got my new GG...

[Part 1]

But, for starters, I think I may have made a tremendous faux pass while looking for new games. I've seen a Master Gear Converter in a retro shop, got too entuthiastic and bought it without stopping to check the price. 25 ...

OK, but that's not the problem "per se". Many times we happen to buy things at an inflated price. The thing is that, thinking while I was going home, I realized I don't want to be a die-hard collector, but rather to build a small, cheap collection and then buy a GG Everdrive (still considering if with or without carcass: man, they're expensive. I'm seriously considering to recycle one of my cartridges) when Black Friday comes in November. So, having an Everdrive X3 and wanting to buy an Everdrive GG, both of which play SMS games... Huh... To sum up: a typical novice collector mistake . I'm still considering if keeping it with the copy of Alien Syndrome I've bought alongside it as a collector curiosity or to both sell peripheral and game for an itty-bitty quantity when I get the GG Everdrive. What would you guys do?

Then again, after trying it, I get why the MGC was so appreciated: it really turns GGs into full-fledged SMS, even with pause function! If it wasn't for the Everdrive issue, I would be throughly satisfied.

(It's curious how life works: I'm a cinema collector with some practice, capable of spending 30 for a new release and then leaving it unwatched for years without any regrets. And then I buy a video game peripheral I can use inmediately and I'm torturing myself ).

[Part 2]

The GG works nicely and it's in fine condition (not perfect at all). I have a collection of 15 games (16 if we count the SMS Alien Syndrome) and I'm enjoying it. A lot.
    Last edited by bigladiesman; 02-27-2017 at 04:16 PM.

Raging in the Streets xelement5x's Avatar

I'd keep it, they're nice to have and like you said a cool little thingy. Plus it looks like a beast when you've got a GG with that on top!
    Quote Originally Posted by StarMist View Post
    A spine card is the hymen of a new game assuring its first owner that he is truly her one and only, and of a used game assuring its new owner that whilst she has been played with in the past that play has never been too careless or thorough.

Japanese Sonic CD FTW!!! Master of Shinobi Ecco's Avatar

I'd keep it. It's a cool curiosity item. Plus there's a satisfaction to having physical copies of things, even if you focus on everdrive or emulation etc. So even if you just have a small pile of carts, it will seem more special than a PC folder of ROM's.

Thanks for the answers, guys! You both state that something that's very true: Holy crap...

IMG_20170301_024835.jpg

THIS

IMG_20170301_024842.jpg

THING

IMG_20170301_024848.jpg

IS

IMG_20170301_024900.jpg

SEXY

Last edited by bigladiesman; 02-28-2017 at 09:27 PM.

Holy crap, I finally bought the Everdrive GG today: One of Krikzz's licensed dealers in Spain (according to his own website) had an already mounted Everdrive (with shell and sticker) for only 2 more (Krikzz, 77 ; that site 79 ). Quite a bargain.

Thread Information