Quantcast

Thread: WTB RGB NES

Gunstar Hero Wildside Expert Theretrogamer12345's Avatar

Default WTB RGB NES

I'm looking to either buy a pre-modded RGB NES or to provide my NES Front Loader and pay someone with more soldering skills than me to do the install. I am willing to pay a decent amount to see my NES RGB Modded as I have been enjoying my Genesis on my Sony PVM with RGB and want to experience the same incredible quality on my NES. If anyone knows of any online stores/anyone who would be willing to mod an NES for RGB or sell a pre-modded system, please let me know. I would love to hook up my NES through a SCART cable and see the same crystal clear quality on my PVM that I see with my Genesis
    I am known as Theretrogamer12345 on Youtube and Sega-16. I am known as Gunstar Hero on Digital Press. My eBay account is Theretrogamer

[YouTube Link] [eBay Link] [Digital Press Link] [Sega-16 Link]

I used to see installation services for the NESRGB on ebay that cost $200, but this is the cheapest (and only) option I can find on there now:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nintendo-NES...8AAOSwhlZYuLal

From what I've been observing on ebay, NESRGB modded consoles on average sell for around $230 now ever since the Hi-Def mod became more popular.

Woah! It sold for a total of $420! I guess because it was a Top Loader? I totally did not expect that. During January, I saw several Front Loaders that were RGB modded sell for less than $200. I even saw one sell for as low as $183.51, and another sell for a total of $190. I bid on them both but I didn't win either one of them. Maybe RGB modded NES consoles are making a comeback??

Video Game Modder Outrunner segasonicfan's Avatar

I have a playchoice top loading (modified toaster) RGB NES that would be pretty hard to let go of. Id consider it tho, as I am a segasonicfan after all got any rare sega systems or stuff for trade?

Get Villetim' s NES RGB Kit, works great with the stock PPU's. I've been meaning to pick up a 2600 RGB kit too.

Death Adder's minion

If you're looking for someone to install it for you, I'm offering NESRGB installs. I've done quite a few already.

I can also prepare a Top Loader or Front Loader NESRGB console if you prefer. Would take a few weeks though.

TC hasn't posted in this since February 28th, I wonder if he still wants an NESRGB or has already bought one
    Last edited by roadkill; 05-03-2017 at 11:58 PM.

Man in Black Master of Shinobi IrishNinja's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Segaedge View Post
    Get Villetim' s NES RGB Kit, works great with the stock PPU's. I've been meaning to pick up a 2600 RGB kit too.
    that's the one i have (from the SHMUPs forum, yeah?) and it's fantastic. always been curious about the 2600 one, since i still have that on RF, haha

Death Adder's minion

Quote Originally Posted by IrishNinja View Post
    that's the one i have (from the SHMUPs forum, yeah?) and it's fantastic. always been curious about the 2600 one, since i still have that on RF, haha
    I've installed a few 2600 RGBs. They are neat, but the installation instructions will lead you astray, and cause the thing not to fit properly. -.- At least that is my experience.

Gunstar Hero Wildside Expert Theretrogamer12345's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by YoshiKnuckles View Post
    If you're looking for someone to install it for you, I'm offering NESRGB installs. I've done quite a few already.

I can also prepare a Top Loader or Front Loader NESRGB console if you prefer. Would take a few weeks though.
    Thanks for the offer, I found a seller that is offering the kit and the install at a pretty reasonable price so i think I'm going to pursue that route.
    I am known as Theretrogamer12345 on Youtube and Sega-16. I am known as Gunstar Hero on Digital Press. My eBay account is Theretrogamer

[YouTube Link] [eBay Link] [Digital Press Link] [Sega-16 Link]

Rebel scum Shining Hero MrMatthews's Avatar

I just looked up this mod to see how intensive it was and found a video about our buddy Drakon.

Poor guy, he seemed alright while he was here.

Thread Information