Quantcast

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: OVERDRIVE II

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingSports Talker Manveru's Avatar

What about Regen? has better compatibility than Kega Fusion and also has a very good debugger
    I fell in love with Mega drive in 1991. Now programing for it...

Outrunner

If you tried it you'd see that Regen rejects it because it's bigger than 5MBytes

Mega Driven Master of Shinobi cleeg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Oerg866 View Post
    PM me your e-mail address and I will put you on the list.
    You're releasing carts? I'm interested. I've PM'd you my address, so if I've got the wrong end of the stick here then please ignore it.

Sports Talker

Huh.

Well that was amazing. A little sad that I'll probably never see it running on actual Genesis hardware, but that was still jaw dropping.

AKA Mister Xiado Road Rasher Raijin Z's Avatar

Not-crap version of the Mega Everdrive, 50 Hz switch, capture device that doesn't choke on 50Hz. Not too many hurdles to get past that "never" part. Hardest part is caring enough to gather it all.

Wildside Expert

Quote Originally Posted by Pha View Post
    Today, I appreciate testing Overdrive II ROM (original release v1) with "blastem-win32-0.5.0-pre-0849e9356bfe (nightlies build) !
    FYI: The nightly builds are unfortunately not listed in date order at the moment due to a combination of nginx limitations and laziness (I really need to fix that). The most recent build is 0.5.0-pre-57637d17b59e and has some fixes for Overdrive II that were not present in the build you tested. There's still one part that's completely broken (spinning textured cube/rectangular prisms) and a couple of smaller issues, but the Titancade scene mostly works (horizontal border expansion is the exception there) unlike in the 0849e9356bfe build.

My progress has slowed a bit, both because I need to fix some issues in BlastEm's debugger to figure out what's going on and because I started playing Zelda: BOTW. Hoping to have the last major issue fixed within the next week, but I'll have a better idea how realistic that is once I've fixed the debugger issue.

Sports Talker

Quote Originally Posted by Raijin Z View Post
    Not-crap version of the Mega Everdrive, 50 Hz switch, capture device that doesn't choke on 50Hz. Not too many hurdles to get past that "never" part. Hardest part is caring enough to gather it all.
    How do I determine if I have a "good" Mega Everdrive? Is there anyone on this forum that installs 50/60 Hz switches? How do I determine if my Genny will be able to even run this without choking?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Jones View Post
    How do I determine if I have a "good" Mega Everdrive?
    I don't remember the exact models, I recall X3 (and maybe X5?) causing trouble. Incidentally, they have another limitation (which doesn't affect Overdrive II).

The issue comes with the 8MB Mega Everdrives. The firmware sits on the last bank, and will refuse to load ROMs that would overwrite it (Overdrive II would since it needs all 8MB). I don't remember if there was a manual override for this (at the expense of having to use the Power button if you want to return to the menu).

Wildside Expert

both X5 and X3 have "extended SSF2 mapper support" marked as "partial"
    X3 also has sram shared with rom space (shouldn't matter for ODII but you never know)

FYI, ODII runs fine with my MED v1 despite extended SSF2 support being marked as "partial" also.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-Training Pha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Oerg866 View Post
    Pha: I will investigate today. I hope I can fix it for the MD-Pro 64 at least...
    Oerg866, I wonder if your researches are encouraging on OVERDRIVE II with MD-Pro 64 (the chance is with us ) ?

Thread Information