Quantcast

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Street Fighter II Remaster Project

Formerly segafan1989 Master of Shinobi 4Runner's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NeoVamp View Post
    He will of course share an IPS file that we can use to patch our own roms, you new to this stuff?
    Yes, pretty much. For example, off the top of my head I have no idea what an IPS file is and I assume "patch our own roms" means roms that are downloaded to use on an everdrive?

Beat Em Ups Master of Shinobi cowboyscowboys's Avatar

It would be awesome to get the Super Turbo costumes in the Genesis port of SSF II as well
    Women Asian Please
    Beat Em Up- Streets of Rage 2
    Platformer- Sonic 3 and Knuckles
    Run and Gun- Gunstar Heroes
    Adventure- Story of Thor
    Action- Shinobi 3

thanks everyone for the feedback

updated with ken stage

Visit my youtube channel Pyron's Lair
    Take here all my hacks made with love for all of us here
    Want to help me? Here is my Patreon!

Raging in the Streets xelement5x's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 4Runner View Post
    Yes, pretty much. For example, off the top of my head I have no idea what an IPS file is and I assume "patch our own roms" means roms that are downloaded to use on an everdrive?
    So, in order avoid getting sued or banned for distributing copyrighted materials, romhackers release what is called an IPS patch. The IPS patch is basically instructions that say, change this bit from some value to another in order to make the appropriate change in the game ROM for the end user. The creator makes the patch (list of differences essentially) based on good copy of the game ROM that already exists.

So you (as an end user of the patch) use your ROM that you get "somewhere", the IPS patch (provided by the hacker), and a tool to apply the patch (freely available if you google), then you get the final patched ROM to play. You can use the patched on in an emulator or everdrive, whatever floats your boat. Does that make sense?
    Quote Originally Posted by StarMist View Post
    A spine card is the hymen of a new game assuring its first owner that he is truly her one and only, and of a used game assuring its new owner that whilst she has been played with in the past that play has never been too careless or thorough.

Mega Driven Raging in the Streets cleeg's Avatar

Although I prefer the other outing on the MD I'm really looking forward to testing this out, especially with Stef's nice sound.

Gorgeous work, Pyron!!
    VISUAL SHOCK!
    SPEED SHOCK!
    SOUND SHOCK!
    NOW IS TIME TO THE 68000 HEART ON FIRE!

Shadow of the Beast II - Enhanced Colors:
    http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/2275/

Sunset Riders - Enhanced Colors:
    http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/2287/

Turrican - Fixed:
    http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/2535/

Formerly segafan1989 Master of Shinobi 4Runner's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by xelement5x View Post
    So, in order avoid getting sued or banned for distributing copyrighted materials, romhackers release what is called an IPS patch. The IPS patch is basically instructions that say, change this bit from some value to another in order to make the appropriate change in the game ROM for the end user. The creator makes the patch (list of differences essentially) based on good copy of the game ROM that already exists.

So you (as an end user of the patch) use your ROM that you get "somewhere", the IPS patch (provided by the hacker), and a tool to apply the patch (freely available if you google), then you get the final patched ROM to play. You can use the patched on in an emulator or everdrive, whatever floats your boat. Does that make sense?
    Great explanation! It makes sense now, I appreciate it buddy!

I would like to see arcade voices (ala Altered Beast MD arcade voice hack) and Super Turbo new moves and colors, something like the UMK Trilogy hack, Super Turbo Sprites and extra moves/supers can be taken from the GBA SSF2Turbo Revival perhaps?....

The number one thing I think all SF2 Genesis games need is a serious revamp of the YM2612 patches.

Quote Originally Posted by Bibin View Post
    The number one thing I think all SF2 Genesis games need is a serious revamp of the YM2612 patches.
    I don't know if I didn't understand this well because of a lack of proficience in english or if it is legit bad phrasing.
    But if you're criticizing the soundtracks, well, SF2SCE has a killer soundtrack of awesomeness on Genesis.
    -Meu blog sobre Mega Drive/Genesis.
    - no youtube.

Hero of Algol

Quote Originally Posted by Bibin View Post
    Add Saturday Night Slam Masters to that list.

Quote Originally Posted by paulojr_mam View Post
    I don't know if I didn't understand this well because of a lack of proficience in english or if it is legit bad phrasing.
    But if you're criticizing the soundtracks, well, SF2SCE has a killer soundtrack of awesomeness on Genesis.
    It could be significantly better though. They tried to make some tracks sound more like their SNES counterparts rather than letting them sound more like their CPS1 versions. For example let's listen to Vega/Balrog's theme:

Arcade:

Genesis Beta:

Genesis Release:

The Genesis released version is the worst of the 3.

Quote Originally Posted by TrekkiesUnite118 View Post
    It could be significantly better though. They tried to make some tracks sound more like their SNES counterparts rather than letting them sound more like their CPS1 versions. For example let's listen to Vega/Balrog's theme:
    Arcade:

Genesis Beta:

Genesis Release:

The Genesis released version is the worst of the 3.
    You're right! Bizarre that the beta is better! And it seems so small a problem, just the beeping (that is the main part of the song) is kind of annoying and too synthetic-feeling.
    - no youtube.

Quote Originally Posted by TrekkiesUnite118 View Post
    Its not all true...
    The beta though some songs get closer to the arcade version, but the vast majority of them lost much more instrumentation in the composition and are "poorer" overall sounding strange. Just listen to the music of Dhalsim, Guile, Blanka and others ..

Here is a fair comparison, the video above that shows the music of the CE version is of poor quality sound because of the bad emulation.

Last edited by Pyron; 05-17-2017 at 06:11 PM.

Visit my youtube channel Pyron's Lair
    Take here all my hacks made with love for all of us here
    Want to help me? Here is my Patreon!

Quote Originally Posted by Pyron View Post
    Its not all true...
    The beta though some songs get closer to the arcade version, but the vast majority of them lost much more instrumentation in the composition and are "poorer" overall sounding strange. Just listen to the music of Dhalsim, Guile, Blanka and others ..

Here is a fair comparison, the video above that shows the music of the CE version is of poor quality sound because of the bad emulation.
    In this comparison Vega's final version is much better than the beta's!! It's almost perfect, really.

Now, I don't have a Mega Drive for some time now, but I don't recall SSFII songs being as bad as I've seen on youtube. Would it be too much to ask for someone to point me to an accurate SSF2 soundtrack on youtube? Are the ones on Project 2612 accurate?
    Last edited by paulojr_mam; 05-17-2017 at 04:48 PM.
    - no youtube.

Thread Information