Quantcast

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Michael Jackon's Moonwalker (Master System)

Master System Michael Jackon's Moonwalker (Master System)

Wooo! Michael Jackson dances his way onto the Master System! While not as potent as its Genesis sibling in presentation, the 8-bit version of Moonwalker is still a good game that captures the essence of the musical legend. If you're looking for a new game for your Master System and have some cash to spare, this one is worth adding to your library. Read our full review for more information.

I don't like the music here maybe it's because I played the genesis Version first.
    1 XB360, 1 md2, 1 mcd2, 1 snes, 1 ms adapter, 1 Nes, 2Gamegears (for playing sor co op)
    http://soundcloud.com/djtwok

Swing swords like shinobi Master of Shinobi IrishNinja's Avatar

solid review, fair score - yeah, i'd love to have a copy of this one, but sadly by that point most stores out by men had long since stopped giving the SMS shelf space. i really do love some of the late genesis ports though, stuff like this plays it closer to the hip while others took enough chances to feel like their own game.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingWildside Expert Prince Talmit's Avatar

Yeah, good review.
    Master System MJ's Moonwalker is a decently executed game. Everything controls and plays fine, unfortunately it bores me. The gimmick of MJ's moves and music is barely enough to keep my interest through on Genesis, even less so on the SMS. There is a certain charm to hearing the 8-bit renditions of Michael's tunes.
    Is there a sound test for this game?

edit:
    Level Select
    At the title screen, press Down, Left, Up, Right, Down, Left, Up Right. When the stage number is shown, press up/down/left/right to choose the stage.

Looks like Takayuki Nakamura did the 8-bit arrangments of MJ's songs. He also did GG shinobi BGM.
    Last edited by Prince Talmit; 05-15-2017 at 05:53 PM.

Anybody ever played moonwalker the arcade game? That would have been absolutely epic to get on a console.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingWildside Expert bertodecosta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nieds16 View Post
    Anybody ever played moonwalker the arcade game? That would have been absolutely epic to get on a console.
    Yeah, one of my favorite games back in the arcade days (still playing it now occassionaly on my Pandora 4s console).
    Used to play it with my brother and friends.
    The game's easy when you're playing together in 3 player mode (1 coin for every player is all that you need to finish), but when you play it alone it's really hard (need about 10 coins to finish).

Btw.. Since The Master System version got 7 (which I agreed), the Genesis/Megadrive version should at least get 8 (not fuc**** 4).
    And the arcade version should at least get 9.

yeah, how the hell did the genny one get a 4?! geez, i'm a huge MJ fan so that game's a top 10 of mine, that's way too harsh

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingRoad Rasher avlon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nieds16 View Post
    Many, many times. One of the benefits of living in NYC used to be arcade games on literally every block.

I never understood as to why Sega never ported the arcade version to the Genesis though.
    Check out and Welcome to my https://goo.gl/KuSvJc Youtube Channel

Framemeister Expert Hedgehog-in-TrainingRoad Rasher Tower of Power's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by IrishNinja View Post
    yeah, how the hell did the genny one get a 4?! geez, i'm a huge MJ fan so that game's a top 10 of mine, that's way too harsh
    The review scores on this site are a total joke.

Antiquing Hedgehog Lord QuickSciFi's Avatar

That's very old. That's kind of why Melf implemented second takes.

http://www.sega-16.com/2009/06/doubl...ns-moonwalker/

[EDIT]
    I forgot second takes came without numbers

The Cat in the Hat Hero of Algol NeoVamp's Avatar

I feel that there should be a way for reviews to get replaced by better ones if the majority of the people on this site disagree with the original and its score.
    There should really be a way to vote on reviews, kind of a "I agree with this review and its score" and a "I don't agree with this review and its score." option.

Then when it reaches like a hundred votes or so you look at how people voted, because its very unfair to rate a game poorly when the majority of the gamers do enjoy it.

No double takes, just complete removal of poorly received reviews, we shouldn't be bothered how people feel. it's about maintaining the general truth.
    and truth being that if someone rates a game a 3 and the rest of the people all rate it a 9 then the reviewer is obviously the one who didn't get it.

Antiquing Hedgehog Lord QuickSciFi's Avatar

^lots of truth to that statement.

Framemeister Expert Hedgehog-in-TrainingRoad Rasher Tower of Power's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NeoVamp View Post
    I feel that there should be a way for reviews to get replaced by better ones if the majority of the people on this site disagree with the original and its score.
    There should really be a way to vote on reviews, kind of a "I agree with this review and its score" and a "I don't agree with this review and its score." option.

Then when it reaches like a hundred votes or so you look at how people voted, because its very unfair to rate a game poorly when the majority of the gamers do enjoy it.

No double takes, just complete removal of poorly received reviews, we shouldn't be bothered how people feel. it's about maintaining the general truth.
    and truth being that if someone rates a game a 3 and the rest of the people all rate it a 9 then the reviewer is obviously the one who didn't get it.
    I think part of it is that the people who write reviews are the ones who self volunteer, so the incentive for them is to write reviews about games that they're interested in writing a review on. A lot of times it can be a game they especially dislike that most people like, or vice versa. If there was a staff and an editor handing out review assignments it would be different. But since it's all volunteers, you're going to tend to see things a bit skewed.

well Moonwalker (GEN) review aside, which other ones do ya'll think are no good?

Japanese Sonic CD FTW!!! Master of Shinobi Ecco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tower of Power View Post
    The review scores on this site are a total joke.
    man fuck this site lol

Quote Originally Posted by IrishNinja View Post
    well Moonwalker (GEN) review aside, which other ones do ya'll think are no good?

Super Thunder Blade is apparently the most hated rating lol. 10 for a game with choppy animations (though I still haven't played it, to see what the big deal is).

What actually jumps out at me is that we never got a review for S3&K, which we seem to need, unless everyone is assuming it doesn't deserve its own review, since we have reviews of S3 and also S&K.

Thread Information