Quantcast

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Did you know the Dos version of Golden Axe lets you play as the Final Boss?

Quote Originally Posted by NeoVamp View Post
    Only thing I hate is when you got those games that are pretty much designed to need a boot disk for memory reasons. (I mean wtf kinda game needs exactly 640K?)
    Do you mean the PC booter games? Those actually date from the era where the norm was booting DOS from diskette, so by doing it that way they avoided having you to even need to run DOS at all (just boot straight off the game). Doing it this way was actually pretty common among computers at the time (some other computers would go as far as having cartridge slots, like MSX).

If you mean the games that need dedicated CONFIG.SYS and AUTOEXEC.BAT to free up as much conventional memory (low 640KB) as possible, yeah fuck that =P

The Cat in the Hat Hero of Algol NeoVamp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sik View Post
    Do you mean the PC booter games? Those actually date from the era where the norm was booting DOS from diskette, so by doing it that way they avoided having you to even need to run DOS at all
    (just boot straight off the game). Doing it this way was actually pretty common among computers at the time (some other computers would go as far as having cartridge slots, like MSX).
    No I don't mean those, though these days you can use FLOPPER! to overcome that.

Quote Originally Posted by Sik View Post
    If you mean the games that need dedicated CONFIG.SYS and AUTOEXEC.BAT to free up as much conventional memory (low 640KB) as possible, yeah fuck that =P
    Yeah those, fucking bullshit games.. I really wanted that one game in my DOS gaming menu, but I can't because of the damn 640KB crap!

I tried looking into stuff like CWSDPMI/DOS4GW/DOS32 in hopes of creating a virtual environment for that one game but I don't think that's how those programs work. :/

Teen Idle Raging in the Streets Gogogadget's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Raijin Z View Post
    8-Bit Guy is so intelligent and well spoken but he makes videos without the slightest hint of charisma

It's a shame, he just seems so scared of his own camera

Thread Information