Quantcast

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: The Polymega...

The Future Is Yesterday Hedgehog-in-TrainingRaging in the Streets SegataS's Avatar

Who is Snake because all I can think of is Solid Snake or Snake Plissken. Also, what is Kega?

Life!? ... What console is that on?

Master of Shinobi

Quote Originally Posted by SegataS View Post
    Who is Snake because all I can think of is Solid Snake or Snake Plissken. Also, what is Kega?
    Are you serious? I really don't know if you are being ironic. Do you really don't know?
    Lists of MD games: officially licensed (~925) @ cartridge size milestones @ Top 5 @ Top 250 (controversial) @ Sonic hacks @ best title screens @ Arcade ports (150)

The Future Is Yesterday Hedgehog-in-TrainingRaging in the Streets SegataS's Avatar

No. I don't know.

Master of Shinobi

He almost singlehandedly kept many people on the Sega bandwagon (yes that's an exaggeration) before the scene resurgence with the flashcart and homebrew craze. Without Kega there would only be a bunch of hardcore Sega fans and collectors who run everything through real hardware (the minority, alas) and the only relevant Sega internet site would be this one. I mean come on, it's still the most used emulator on PC despite not being updated in years and its many flaws on Windows 10.

Si if he is on payroll at Polymega and creating a v4 is it for Linux 64bit ? I mean the system runs on PC hardware but what about the main OS ? It surely won't be on Windows but is he planning on porting this new version to win 10 ? Surely won't be until he's finished working on the Polymega I guess. Anyone has more insight on this ? Is he a member of this forum ?
    Last edited by chilled; 06-25-2019 at 03:22 AM.
    Lists of MD games: officially licensed (~925) @ cartridge size milestones @ Top 5 @ Top 250 (controversial) @ Sonic hacks @ best title screens @ Arcade ports (150)

Never used an emulator for anything unless you count the one time I burned an ISO for Geist Force. So basically never used one nor followed anything about it. Never cared. It feels hollow to me to play something, not in my console. I don't even like PC gaming that much. Tho I do on occasion. While I have purchased digital titles. I don't count them towards my collection. So I only value the physical ones I own. Why I often will double dip if a digital game gets a physical version later then delete the digital version. One reason I've been apathetic towards these mini consoles. TG16 only one that truly sparks my interest simply because games for that system are just too much money these days. So kinda throwing the towel in on that one. My PC has no personality. A console needs some sort of personality to it to feel like it's own as it's part of enjoying those games to me. Emulation to me would be like playing with the outer shell but is empty inside.

Other game forums and SEGA forums I been a part of never mentioned him. (also why is he called snake? his dick?) Just their love for SEGA games and systems. Not once was there ever a discussion who's fault SEGA went down. Just a celebration of SEGA games and love of the hardware itself. The only emulator one forum talked about was for Dreamcast. Never took part in those discussions even tho I saw them as early as 2003. I have been interested in the Polymega for when my consoles do die. Still, use the physical versions of my games so that's as close to emulating as I would get that isn't official re-releases.

Master of Shinobi

Yes yes all that but still, there are far more people playing Sega consoles through PC emulation than on real hardware (something that is quite niche). Since the Polymega is now also software emulation, shouldn't you be more interested in FPGA solutions like the Mega SG?

My apologies for being niche. What a horrible thing. My apologies for not hearing of a man who named himself something edgy. Was only interested in CD-based systems it can do. Neo Geo CD being $200 on eBay is a lot to drop on a 20+-year-old CD-based system that can die at any moment. But now checking the price of the Polymega. Well, fuck this thing. I can never afford that. Never had a credit card and not going to start with a $500 charge if I ever do. Whatever an FPGA is. Don't care either. Sorry to have offended for not being in the emulator club. I only cared about this thing for Neo Geo CD/SEGA CD since I don't own those but eh not that that price. Just stick to Neo Geo compilations physical and digital I guess.

Master of Shinobi

Unless things have changed recently, it's not a particularly good thing if they're using MAME for Neo Geo CD emulation. That had quite a lot of problems unless they've been fixed recently.

The Neo CD emulation in Final Burn Alpha/Neo was reworked a little while ago and is pretty much perfect.

Master of Shinobi

I am niche too but I'm glad there's a lot of people playing Sega games through PC emulation because thanks to that the community is way bigger and that means we end up with more demos, hacks, translations, homebrew, new cartridges, new hardware, etc. as some of those people end up getting into real hardware (or coding!) also

Raging in the Streets Thierry Henry's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by soviet View Post
    We believe! SEGA Empire will live again! As the Jews re-established their Israel, GOD will never forget his people, SEGA will never forget her fans!

Thread Information