Quantcast

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Papi Commando RELOAD !! *SgdK* - Megadrive

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingWildside Expert Vetea's Avatar

Hi all,

Huge success for this Official Demo on my Itch.io( https://vetea.itch.io/papi-commando-reload-free-demo- ) !
    Hope you like it.

For now, after huge code work, I work for future pixel art in game like this tank :

The Chassis Tank :

And the Turret :

2 differents sprites for each.

The Ennemy tank will be like Panzer German Tank ( Like Tiger/Panther or Panzer IV ) !

Cheers,
    Vetea

EDIT :
    Last and final version, use the same palette as the War Jeep.

And an idea of a futur BOSS.
    Last edited by Vetea; 09-17-2017 at 09:20 AM.

Raging in the Streets SEGA.GENESIS1989's Avatar

YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by Vetea View Post

For now, after huge code work, I work for future pixel art in game like this tank :

EDIT :
    Last and final version, use the same palette as the War Jeep.

And an idea of a futur BOSS.
    Vitea,
    Could I kindly suggest making the tank's turret 8 way directional rather than the current 4? You would need to add a few more frames to the sprite but it would make gameplay much more interesting. Why?

Let's assume you implement added difficulty to the game (i.e. easy mode, medium, and difficult). Easy mode could consist of a tank only firing in 4 directions. Playing the game on medium and or hard would ramp up the difficulty: in this case, the tank could fire in 8 directions and the difference between medium and hard mode could be the rate of fire.

Even if you there is no choice difficulty, I think allowing the enemy to fire in 8 directions (i.e. firing diagonally,) would add more challenge to your game.

=-=

With respect to incorporating an end boss, I would love to see you borrow from games like Metal Slug where the boss fires a slow projectile (possibly from the turret) on screen while at the same time attempting to machine gunning the player all around the screen. That would be awesome!

=-=

I saw that you posted a video of the SNES version this week: From what I can see, the sprites in the SNES version are alot smaller compared to the MD version. Will both games be the same in terms of stage design etc.?

Cheers!
    "There's nothing to fear, except fear itself"
    http://i1054.photobucket.com/albums/s486/link2link2link/YUZOKOSHIROISAGODNEOSEEDEDITION.gif

Hello Mr SegaGenesis1989,

Yes, you're right, that what I plan for the Tank ! Just let me the time to make all view of them .. You know, it's a huge Pixel art work !
    I've juste finished this morning this as you can see in this picture.

The player can be move the Chassis Tank and the turret independently, for a exclusive Gameplay in this type of game ...

As you see, the result is pretty nice ! It's the same palette than my jeep/General C++. So I can display more and more unit on same BG ... For a huge sequel and a wonderful Homebrew !
    Cheers,
    Vetea
    Last edited by Vetea; 09-18-2017 at 06:53 AM.

Hi all,

Last share before the next step ...

The Ennemies tanks/Ally Tank. What is the Ennemy ?? Mmmhh ... You win ...

Hope you enjoy the Demo ...
    Cheers,
    Vetea

Thread Information