Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Double Dragon

Raging in the Streets SEGA.GENESIS1989's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Saturn Fan View Post
    OMG! Found a game genie code that fixes the enemy speed problem:

BBNA-BNTJ

From here:
    http://gamehacking.org/vb/threads/45...-%28Genesis%29

This fixes one of the big problems with the port, being that of the sprinting enemies. Before it was extremely difficult to retreat or take cover because they'd be on you the whole time. Now they move about 30% slower, making things manageable and an overall more enjoyable port.
    You sir rock! I could never convince myself to dedicate time and energy to deal with the unfair advantage given to the enemy AI! I'm going to have to give try this out for myself tomorrow! Thank you very much! Rep power +1!
    "There's nothing to fear, except fear itself"
    http://i1054.photobucket.com/albums/s486/link2link2link/YUZOKOSHIROISAGODNEOSEEDEDITION.gif

According to me, Double Dragon Advance (Game Boy Advance) and Return of Double Dragon (Super Famicom)
    are the best console ports and great tributes games about this legendary series.
    Double Dragon 2 (NES and the NEC version) are good. The Master System port is quite good considering the hardware.
    But all the Genesis Double Dragon ports are poor and I was very disappointed.

Master system Double Dragon is terrible. Plays bad, looks bad, sounds bad, etc. NES destroys it.

And DD1 on the Genesis is mildly decent. DD2 & DD3 are terrible though.

That Game Genie code is really an improvement for the Mega Drive version of Double Dragon. No more sticking enemies because they run like hell. This way the game is closer to the arcade version and without any of its slowdown issues, which is a plus.

Similarly to this, the major flaw in the Mega Drive version of Double Dragon II, which is the slowdown like the arcade version, can be completely removed if you play the game in a overclocked console. Unfortunately this feature is not supported by most Mega Drive emulators.
    http://www.sega-16.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=154&dateline=15683853  53

Banned by Administrators

nice thread
    i really like this double dragon game . thanx admin for this helpful and fresh review .

I had a great time on the gameboy version believe it or not..

Quote Originally Posted by Saturn Fan View Post
    Master system Double Dragon is terrible. Plays bad, looks bad, sounds bad, etc. NES destroys it.
    NES version is NOT faithfull to the arcade, it is a different version. Like Double Dragon II and III.
    Considering technically the system, I think Double Dragon port on SMS is better than the Genesis' port.

I made a wallpaper of the arcade original..

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingNameless One Aleste's Avatar

"The Story Behind the Tireless Slog of Porting 'Double Dragon' to Genesis"

excerpt from: "Arcade Perfect: How Pac-Man, Mortal Kombat, and Other Coin-Op Classics Invaded the Living Room"

by David L. Craddock

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/5...gon-to-genesis

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingNameless One Aleste's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wesker View Post
    That Game Genie code is really an improvement for the Mega Drive version of Double Dragon. No more sticking enemies because they run like hell. This way the game is closer to the arcade version and without any of its slowdown issues, which is a plus.
    Basically what's being said here is really simple, that is: that the port (by British developer) was conceived for 50hz PAL audience... And Accolade didn't care shit to adjust it for the US market.

Thread Information