Quantcast

Thread: Any SMS cart publisher?

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingSports Talker macbee's Avatar

Default Any SMS cart publisher?

Hello,

Me and Lukasz Kur are making a game for NES and we're interested in porting it to Sega Master System as well.

There are some publishers to NES games today, so essencially we'll send the final ROM to one of them and they'll take care of making carts and selling them.

I wonder if there's any company doing the same these days to Master System (I've searched but found nothing so far!)... Any help is welcome!

Thank you very much!

j_factor dislikes name! Master of Shinobi Flygon's Avatar

Mostly mirroring what was said over at the SMSPower thread, but the long story short is - Not yet.

The closest we really have so far is a few people currently in the testing stages of making their own cartridge flashers (and other related equipment), but there's nothing actually released yet.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingSports Talker macbee's Avatar

Thank you!
    I even tried to contact Tectoy to see if they're planning to sell new Master System games (they're selling a new Mega Drive cart right now after all) and the reply was a big NO.

I guess we'll have to wait more to keep developing our SMS game then. Thanks again!

j_factor dislikes name! Master of Shinobi Flygon's Avatar

Off the top of my head, db-electronics is relatively close, but I'm not sure on precisely how close they are. There's a few other names in the field, and I didn't want to cite db-electronics without citing them too, but I can't actually recall their names off the top of my head.

Thread Information