Quantcast

Thread: Megami Tensei Gaiden: Last Bible Special english translation now availiable

Master of Shinobi

Default Megami Tensei Gaiden: Last Bible Special english translation now availiable

It's nice to see a series like Megami Tensei on the Game Gear now available to a broader audience:

http://www.romhacking.net/translations/3160/

Which means that you can now safely establish demon pacts on your game gear

Mega Driver Hedgehog-in-TrainingWildside Expert Gryson's Avatar

Cool! I know beggars can't be choosers, but it would be nice if they also released the original version without modifications to the encounter rate and dungeon speed. The readme does list how to modify the encounter rate, but not dungeon speed.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingNameless One

Cool! Game Gear translations are a real rarity, so it's good to see a new patch. The last one came out... two years ago, more or less? Something like that. Then again, there aren't that many games translators are interested in left for that system. I remember reading somewhere that Last Bible 1 for the Game Gear is the best version of that game for any system, better than the GBC version by far, but I haven't played either long enough to be able to give an accurate judgement. Anyhow, good that GG is getting some more love.
    Last edited by cccmar; 08-09-2017 at 01:08 PM.

Master of Shinobi

Quote Originally Posted by Gryson View Post
    Cool! I know beggars can't be choosers, but it would be nice if they also released the original version without modifications to the encounter rate and dungeon speed. The readme does list how to modify the encounter rate, but not dungeon speed.
    Yeah, a 'vanilla' patch would be nice. Although usually a very high monster encounter rate is a game breaker for RPGs.

Quote Originally Posted by cccmar View Post
    Cool! Game Gear translations are a real rarity, so it's good to see a new patch. The last one came out... two years ago, more or less? Something like that. Then again, there aren't that many games translators are interested in left for that system. I remember reading somewhere that Last Bible 1 for the Game Gear is the best version of that game for any system, better than the GBC version by far, but I haven't played either long enough to be able to give an accurate judgement. Anyhow, good that GG is getting some more love.
    Yeah, I've remember reading about Last Bible 1 as well, so it would be great to see it translated as well. As you said, it's nice to see translations outside of the Famicom/SFC spectrum.

You've worked on the translation patch of Macross for the PC-98 no? I'm always very happy to see obscure games being translated, even though it will probably take a long time to actually try it out hahaha. I think it's truly a contribution in preserving the history of video games.

Quote Originally Posted by Bottino View Post
    Yeah, a 'vanilla' patch would be nice. Although usually a very high monster encounter rate is a game breaker for RPGs.

Yeah, I've remember reading about Last Bible 1 as well, so it would be great to see it translated as well. As you said, it's nice to see translations outside of the Famicom/SFC spectrum.

You've worked on the translation patch of Macross for the PC-98 no? I'm always very happy to see obscure games being translated, even though it will probably take a long time to actually try it out hahaha. I think it's truly a contribution in preserving the history of video games.
    I am pretty sure the hacker who translated Last Bible Special will upload the vanilla patch eventually, though from what I've read the game becomes really brutal without all the enhancements, to the point of being borderline maddening.

And yeah, that's true, I did work on Macross; we're going to work mostly on PC-98 stuff in the future probably, because our hacker has his sights on a couple of games for that platform, though I am hoping to tackle a few more Genesis games as well, either with our current hacker or with someone else. I'd say that this is the main issue here, actually. There are lots of potential translators and almost none translation hackers for Sega platforms, even though they're by and large easier to work with than FC/SFC. That's a bit of a shame, considering that there really aren't that many games to translate on good old Genny or GG. Depends on how difficult the project is as well. I recall that we translated Dahna literally in 2 days, whereas Vixen 357 took a month to finish. Oh well.

Raging in the Streets xelement5x's Avatar

Very neat! It's stuff like this which makes me want to get an Everdrive GG sometimes, like the Lunar Walking School translation as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by StarMist View Post
    A spine card is the hymen of a new game assuring its first owner that he is truly her one and only, and of a used game assuring its new owner that whilst she has been played with in the past that play has never been too careless or thorough.

Quote Originally Posted by xelement5x View Post
    Very neat! It's stuff like this which makes me want to get an Everdrive GG sometimes, like the Lunar Walking School translation as well.
    Exactly! That would be really cool. There are a couple of potentially interesting translation projects left on the system. Good to see that things are happening in the shadows. Perhaps this will revive the interest in Mega Drive and Sega-CD translations as well.

Thread Information