Quantcast

Thread: Hands-On: Ecco Jr. and the Great Ocean Treasure Hunt!

Puyo Hands-On: Ecco Jr. and the Great Ocean Treasure Hunt!

Sega's Ecco the Dolphin was found in many different waters during the '90s. From the Game Gear to the Sega CD, he was seemingly everywhere. What many people don't know is that he also made an appearance on the Pico, Sega's educational children's console. A variation of the Ecco Jr. game was released, and we've given it a hands-on to see if it sinks or swims. Read the full article for more details.

Fun to see some Pico coverage!

Did Sega-16 change its policy on linking directly to ROMs? I thought it wasn't allowed.

AKA Mister Xiado Outrunner Raijin Z's Avatar

I found it rather dull, but hey, I was twenty years older than the recommended age for it when I played around with it, so whatever.

Japanese Sonic CD FTW!!! Master of Shinobi Ecco's Avatar

Pc

Quote Originally Posted by Genesis Knight View Post
    Fun to see some Pico coverage!

Did Sega-16 change its policy on linking directly to ROMs? I thought it wasn't allowed.
    Only Ken could explain his website policies for sure, but in this case: My impression is:

This article is not exactly linking to the ROM; it's llinking to Caverns of Hope, which is Ecco the Dolphin's fan-website.

And they've been providing various content for years, including this game's ROM and emulator. (So if it came down to it, they are the site who is linking / posting that content, not Sega-16.)

As for Sega-16 reviewing this game via emulation, and mentioning emulation so much in the article:

I think the big difference is that the Pico is so rare and cost-prohibitive, that emulation is the only way for most people to ever play Pico, or to review its games.

(Those are my impressions / assumptions anyway.)
    Last edited by Ecco; 08-13-2017 at 08:43 AM.

Thread Information