Quantcast

Thread: Dyna Brothers 2

Megadrive Dyna Brothers 2

Real-time strategy buffs who aren't afraid of a little Japanese will want to check out Dyna Brothers 2. Charming visuals, engaging gameplay, and dinosaurs make for a neat little game that will keep players occupied for hours. The language barrier is perhaps the only obstacle to an otherwise excellent title. Read our full review for more details.

(formerly known as 5233) Master of Shinobi Jeckidy's Avatar

Did the reviewer happen to consult my FAQ on the game prior to doing this? It's actually quite easy to figure out simply because it's more icon driven than by text. My FAQ on Google Docs explains the basics and was linked to in the thread for the games in the Genesis section. I enjoy this, and the first one too, which shouldn't be overlooked, and does have some notable differences.

WCPO Agent

come on, re-post the link on this thread, where it clearly belongs. thanks
    Lists of MD games: officially licensed (~925) @ cartridge size milestones @ Top 5 @ Top 250 (controversial) @ Sonic hacks @ best title screens @ Arcade ports (150)

Here:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing

One of our users (Space Flea) also kindly provided me with a scan of the booklets for both games, so I will translate them as soon as get the opportunity for a more in-depth walkthrough. Much of the fundamental principles for the first game apply to the second as well, though there's a few other details I need to elaborate on.

Mega Driver Hedgehog-in-TrainingOutrunner Gryson's Avatar

Can you please post the manuals somewhere (for example, SegaRetro)? They otherwise aren't available online, so it would be great to share the wealth.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeckidy View Post
    Did the reviewer happen to consult my FAQ on the game prior to doing this? It's actually quite easy to figure out simply because it's more icon driven than by text.
    I did, and it is. Pretty sure I intoned that in the review. It's not that it's a difficult game to play; it's just difficult period, and some of that challenge feels exacerbated by the language barrier. Unfortunately, your FAQ is pretty bare bones information about the game. There are a lot of commands not covered in the guide, though I understand it's a work in progress. Dyna Brothers 2 really needs a translation more than anything, but I'm in no position to help with that.

I have offered to do the translation for these games, but so far no one has bothered to take up the hacking work. I own both the cartridges and still have the ROM dumps on my PC from when I had the Retrode.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingNameless One

The first game would likely be much easier to hack/translate, as there are some old hacking materials in the Abandoned section on ROMhacking.net, and it has very little text in comparison with the second game. I could translate them both as well, if any hacker wanted to help out with the technical stuff. The issue is that there seemingly aren't many active Genesis translation hackers. This is understandable, considering that hacking is usually more time-consuming as far as these older games go. Perhaps creating a thread in the Blast Processing section would help?
    Last edited by cccmar; 09-25-2017 at 12:21 PM.

WCPO Agent

we definately need to get hold of someone willing to hack all those games as long as there are japanese translators, which we are not in shortage of apparently...
    Lists of MD games: officially licensed (~925) @ cartridge size milestones @ Top 5 @ Top 250 (controversial) @ Sonic hacks @ best title screens @ Arcade ports (150)

Thread Information