Quantcast

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Can we expect real Sega 32X reproduction consoles with cd hardware yet?

HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNG Raging in the Streets Moirai's Avatar

Why waste your time reconstructing a 32X, which barely runs any games worth playing, when you could make a Saturn?

Outrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Moirai View Post
    Why waste your time reconstructing a 32X, which barely runs any games worth playing, when you could make a Saturn?
    Why not make both? But the Saturn wasn't an add-on to my favorite console. Plus imagine if every Mega Sg could play 32X games, maybe there would finally be a big enough market for an indie game that uses the mushroom upgrade.

Master of Shinobi Mega Drive Bowlsey's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lumclaw View Post
    I suppose recognition of those games goes to show the Mega Drive had a greater lasting cultural impact, than the Genesis did.
    I suppose it did. After all, Nintendo didn't have that much of an impact in Europe, and certainly not in the UK, until the SNES came out in 1992. Even then the Sega Mega Drive had already been out for two years and was hugely popular and very well known in mainstream media. Prior to that the NES hadn't made an impact at all over here, and in fact the Sega Master System was far more popular. Still, despite the stranglehold that Nintendo had over the US market, the games I mentioned were still popular over there due to the fact that the Genesis was hugely successful, so there is little to no excuse for people to still be talking shit about the Mega Drive/Genesis' audio to this day. I realise that gaming popular history seems to have a hugely biased Nintendo-centric slant on it, but it still boils down to ignorance and people like James Rolfe, aka AVGN, perpetuating the myth about the Genesis sounding like shit.

AKA Mister Xiado WCPO Agent Raijin Z's Avatar

Ecelebs, never.
    - Where it's always 1992 (or so).
    Youtube - Terminated

Outrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Mega Drive Bowlsey View Post
    I realise that gaming popular history seems to have a hugely biased Nintendo-centric slant on it, but it still boils down to ignorance and people like James Rolfe, aka AVGN, perpetuating the myth about the Genesis sounding like shit.
    He is one of the biggest idiots on the Internet. His channel started out funny but hasn't had anything decent in at least 5 years. His movie was a total flop, jokes that fall flat, huge plot holes, characters obviously green-screened into a scene, etc. The irony is that his entire routine is criticizing other people's mistakes! If anyone else had made a movie like that he'd have been the first one to make fun of it.

I get the impression that he didn't play any Sega games growing up and only got into them when he started collecting. Playing a retro console for the first time as an adult will almost never compare to the games you grew up with.

urusei yatsura Master of Shinobi lumclaw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mega Drive Bowlsey View Post
    I suppose it did. After all, Nintendo didn't have that much of an impact in Europe, and certainly not in the UK, until the SNES came out in 1992. Even then the Sega Mega Drive had already been out for two years and was hugely popular and very well known in mainstream media. Prior to that the NES hadn't made an impact at all over here, and in fact the Sega Master System was far more popular. Still, despite the stranglehold that Nintendo had over the US market, the games I mentioned were still popular over there due to the fact that the Genesis was hugely successful, so there is little to no excuse for people to still be talking shit about the Mega Drive/Genesis' audio to this day. I realise that gaming popular history seems to have a hugely biased Nintendo-centric slant on it, but it still boils down to ignorance and people like James Rolfe, aka AVGN, perpetuating the myth about the Genesis sounding like shit.
    In the day to day experience of the American public that's how it was. As I was saying most of the Genesis games that sounded best didn't sell as well as the SNES games that sounded best.

Myself, I loved N64 making Nintendo's stranglehold extend all the way into 2001. It took the underwhelming GameCube 3rd party support to make me really take notice of fun looking games like Kingdom Hearts I wouldn't be able to play.

Stuck in the Past Shining Hero The Jackal's Avatar

I'd pay good money for a Sega Neptune clone, as in real hardware, not one of those emus-on-a-chip crap the likes of ATGames kept shitting out. I'd even pay more for a Sega CD module/bay.

I still froth at the mouth at the untouched potential of the combined Sega 32X CD.

Thread Information