Quantcast

Thread: Sega Saturn Olympic Soccer, U.S. Version

Wildside Expert

Default Sega Saturn Olympic Soccer, U.S. Version

Is this game uncommon, rare, or is there just no interest in it at all? I recently bought a complete in box copy of this game because it was the first time I've ever come across one (and I'll buy nearly any cheap CIB Saturn game). I looked it up on Ebay just to see what the going rate was and there are currently none listed, and there are none in the sold or completed listings either. I though it was strange to find zero copies of any game on Ebay, though there are numerous listings for the Japanese and European releases. I thought maybe it's because there's simply no interest in it, but there are dozens of listings for every other common soccer (and other sports) games.

Oddly enough, I have one issue of "Next Generation" magazine from 1996, and as I was reading it today I noticed they have a review of Olympic Soccer, as well as an Electronics Boutique ad with the game in it.

End of line.. Hero of Algol gamevet's Avatar

It's not that hard to find.

https://www.estarland.com/product-de...anta-1996/5770

I doubt anyone but a completionist would be interested in it, since Worldwide Soccer is the best game for that genre.
    A Black Falcon: no, computer games and video games are NOT the same thing. Video games are on consoles, computer games are on PC. The two kinds of games are different, and have significantly different design styles, distribution methods, and game genre selections. Computer gaming and console (video) gaming are NOT the same thing."

Antiquing Hedgehog Lord QuickSciFi's Avatar

I agree. It's also my understanding that WWS was the go-to game.

WWS is far from the best Saturn football game, it may be the best looking but Olympic Soccer is by far the better game to play and plays the better game of football. Its only game that came close to capturing Sensible Soccer gameplay in 3D, also World League Soccer 98 is a better football game and features some stunning GFX too
    Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
    one of the best 3D shooting games available
    Presented for your pleasure

Raging in the Streets xelement5x's Avatar

According to Satakore it's got a pretty low rarity rating so it's not very hard to find:
    https://www.satakore.com/sega-saturn...occer-USA.html

I would think it has very low demand. And selling a single common Saturn game is a losing proposition, the shipping alone is going to be probably at least $5 if it's packed well, and you could argue it's more than the value of the the game itself possibly.

Stuff like this is where resellers shine though, if there are no entries on ebay they mark the price up super high and mention that it's the only copy on ebay. Then they can set the precedent for increasing the price.
    Quote Originally Posted by StarMist View Post
    A spine card is the hymen of a new game assuring its first owner that he is truly her one and only, and of a used game assuring its new owner that whilst she has been played with in the past that play has never been too careless or thorough.

Wildside Expert

https://www.ebay.com/itm/OLYMPIC-SOC...19.m1438.l2649

In case anyone sees this, it's not mine.

Raging in the Streets xelement5x's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by redsox2013 View Post
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/OLYMPIC-SOC...19.m1438.l2649

In case anyone sees this, it's not mine.
    Bwaaahahaha! You'd think I was psychic or something considering the title of that auction. It basically hit all the points I mentioned any reseller was likely to do when they listed a copy to get the maximum gouge price out of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by StarMist View Post
    A spine card is the hymen of a new game assuring its first owner that he is truly her one and only, and of a used game assuring its new owner that whilst she has been played with in the past that play has never been too careless or thorough.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingNameless One Epyx's Avatar

PALFERMAN!!!

(edit: you won't get that reference unless you've played the game as the GB team)

Is Olympic Soccer using the same engine as Worldwide Soccer?

Raging in the Streets bultje112's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Genesis Knight View Post
    No olympic soccer is a real arcade style game. Surprisingly fun, but football fans usually prefer simulation games like swws games, wls 98, or fifa games.

Quote Originally Posted by Genesis Knight View Post
    No it made by the same team that went on to make World League Soccer 98, but it's not the same as either. It looks like crap, but plays like a dream and is the closest any footy game got to playing and feeling like Sensible Soccer in 3D
    Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
    one of the best 3D shooting games available
    Presented for your pleasure

Thread Information