Quantcast

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: PS TV: Some advice needed

Formerly known as 5233 Master of Shinobi Jeckidy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Benjamin View Post
    YLOD? You hear three quick beeps?
    Not YLOD, it's a PS3 slim btw. It just turns off.

Oh, BTW, can the PSP be used as a middle-man to copy downloaded PSN games to PSTV? You can still access the store, it's just that the front page to access the library is broken and says it has been moved by Sony, but you can still access your account to DL past purchases by choosing the buttons in the upper right corner.

Raging in the Streets xelement5x's Avatar

I think that as the PSTV is cracked open more it will be a much more robust device to play PSP and Vita games on. They have already done hacks which in conjunctions with Henkaku and a special adapter allow you to use a microSD card for storage instead of the official PSVita cards.
    Quote Originally Posted by StarMist View Post
    A spine card is the hymen of a new game assuring its first owner that he is truly her one and only, and of a used game assuring its new owner that whilst she has been played with in the past that play has never been too careless or thorough.

I finally got my hands on a PSTV recently and I must update everyone to let them know some things. First, is that a lot of the negative shit I've been told my people in this thread regarding PSTV is absolute brazenly false bullshit. The Wi-Fi is criticized on some sources, but it seems to download PSN games in 2-3 minutes that would've taken 15-20 on PSP, which itself was weaker than PS3 in Wi-Fi power. Second, I did not need a midway method to transfer games onto this. I have direct access to PSN through the device, and did not need a PS3 or PSP to download and then transfer games to it, which I now no longer have either. Everything seems stable. A generous guy on NintendoAge named Gloves offered to send me his with a 4GB memory card and AC adapter so long as I paid shipping, and it all worked out fine. I am happy with the device so far and now am back to playing PS1 classics.

As for Vita compatibility, I look forward to getting Final Fantasy X Remastered for this system, as it's one of the only Vita games I was ever really interested in.

AKA Mister Xiado Outrunner Raijin Z's Avatar

Word over on TIZ is that the PSTV, when properly coaxed, makes a fine PSX/emulator box. If one pops up cheaply enough, I'll get one. Also, word is that some Toys R Us stores have them on clearance for about $17. Not all TRU stores, so YMMV.
    The Homepage of the Oldternet - Where it's always 1992 (or so).
    Youtube - Insert socially-unacceptable pejorative replacement for "Youtube" here.

Blinky

Quote Originally Posted by Jeckidy View Post
    Second, I did not need a midway method to transfer games onto this. I have direct access to PSN through the device, and did not need a PS3 or PSP to download and then transfer games to it, which I now no longer have either.
    So I woke up, saw your message, and attempted a response:

Quote Originally Posted by me, earlier
    You may want to hold back on throwing out "bullshit" insults, especially strong words considering you've barely put any time into the system. There are most definitely games which require that. The main problem is that many games just won't show up on the PSTV PS store. If you don't believe me, go download Valkyria Chronicles II without using the workaround every other PSTV owner had to. You may have luck using a whitelist hack -- hell, your system may be hacked already for all you know -- but I remember still having some games blocked from downloading straight to the device when I tried it a year or two ago.
    That was my original response. I know what I experienced. We all did, and it annoyed me having some guy who just got his system saying otherwise. Before posting it though, I thought I should test Valkyrie Chronicles II just to make sure and was surprised to see it download. You can see from the GameFAQs post above, this one, and dozens of others on the Internet that this was a problem with the PSTV. Games like Peace Walker and others just would not run without using the PS3 as a middleman, if at all.

You'll note that these links are from two years ago, so there's a possibility that Sony fixed it in that time, which is kind of weird given that the Vita and certainly the PSTV have been "dead" for some time now. I don't have time right now to go through them all, but it's nice to see the problem seemingly finally fixed. At any rate, thanks for encouraging me to check and see that I was wrong, and I am sorry for spending old and incorrect information.

Quote Originally Posted by Benjamin View Post
    So I woke up, saw your message, and attempted a response:

That was my original response. I know what I experienced. We all did, and it annoyed me having some guy who just got his system saying otherwise. Before posting it though, I thought I should test Valkyrie Chronicles II just to make sure and was surprised to see it download. You can see from the GameFAQs post above, this one, and dozens of others on the Internet that this was a problem with the PSTV. Games like Peace Walker and others just would not run without using the PS3 as a middleman, if at all.

You'll note that these links are from two years ago, so there's a possibility that Sony fixed it in that time, which is kind of weird given that the Vita and certainly the PSTV have been "dead" for some time now. I don't have time right now to go through them all, but it's nice to see the problem seemingly finally fixed. At any rate, thanks for encouraging me to check and see that I was wrong, and I am sorry for spending old and incorrect information.
    It's quite easily forgiven. My apologies to any harshness, but I do tend to see a lot of anecdotal information, either from here or even NintendoAge, among others, that is massively exaggerated, spoken out of ignorance, and/or just plain false. I want to respect people in my niche group, but trust them too easily and take things for granted. Recently, I have been learning to shy away from it due to numerous instances of finding out they were not quite accurate and mindlessly parroting their opinions outside of the camp.

Thread Information