Quantcast

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I reviewed Golvellius: Valley of Doom

Social Justice Ninja Master of Shinobi IrishNinja's Avatar

solid review, man - it's a top 10 SMS game for me for sure, and like NeoZeed said, it's always nice to see people shutting down the old "zelda clone" meme. and strongly agreed on the passwords, ugh

It's outstanding to me how Compile had such a terrific grasp on genres outside of SHMUPs, and yet only made a handful.

Which is why it is such a disservice that any and every adventure-genre game from the 80's/90's gets that lame dub of 'Zelda-clone.' Golden Axe Warrior, sure, but Golvellius? Just Compile making another solid game really.

Quote Originally Posted by IrishNinja View Post
    solid review, man - it's a top 10 SMS game for me for sure, and like NeoZeed said, it's always nice to see people shutting down the old "zelda clone" meme. and strongly agreed on the passwords, ugh
    Thank you! I'm glad you liked it! I absolutely love Goelvellius. It's a shame the game is starting to get expensive though.
    Please check out my YouTube channel

it is? i shouldn't be surprised with SMS stuff going up all over, but damn. glad i got most of what i'd wanted, just crazy to see such a great (but ignored) library finally have the retro bubble hit!

it is? i shouldn't be surprised with SMS stuff going up all over, but damn. glad i got most of what i'd wanted, just crazy to see such a great (but ignored) library finally have the retro bubble hit!
    Yeah I'm surprised that Master System games are becoming so expensive. There's still a lot of games I want to buy, like Power Strike 2, Masters of Combat, Buggy Run, Ys, Lord of the Sword, Danan Jungle Fighter, and many more

oof, Power Strike 2 can't be cheap!

i lucked out & had a buddy let go of cart-only copies of Master of Darkness & Dragon's Crystal for good prices last year. i think my list is down to Psycho Fox (no way i'm paying more than $20, haha), Rambo III and some late era genesis ports i never even saw here, like Moonwalker.

oof, Power Strike 2 can't be cheap!

i lucked out & had a buddy let go of cart-only copies of Master of Darkness & Dragon's Crystal for good prices last year. i think my list is down to Psycho Fox (no way i'm paying more than $20, haha), Rambo III and some late era genesis ports i never even saw here, like Moonwalker.
    Oh I'm jealous, Power Strike 2 is the game I want the most for the Master System, but at this point I've given up all hope.

never liked the game so much it
    looked unfinishd or there could be done more to the game
    bland game
    golden axe was a zelda clone but a good one only the bosses harder copy s and the ending sucked

Death Bringer Raging in the Streets Black_Tiger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by acdc View Post
    never liked the game so much it
    looked unfinishd or there could be done more to the game
    bland game
    golden axe was a zelda clone but a good one only the bosses harder copy s and the ending sucked
    If you feel that it looks unfinished and the ending sucked, you should make sure to avoid the NES game "The Legend of Zelda".
    Quote Originally Posted by year2kill06
    everyone knows nintendo is far way cooler than sega just face it nintendo has more better games and originals

Thread Information