Quantcast

Thread: Reader Roundtable Vol. 137

Shakespeare Reader Roundtable Vol. 137

Still eating leftovers? Trying to work up the energy to put up the tree and decorate? Why not take a short break and read this month's Reader Roundtable? There's a great selection of game that's sure to bring you some holiday cheer (and relief from all that turkey!). Read the full article for more details.

Master of Shinobi midnightrider's Avatar

G'nG:
    I actually played through the Master System version around Halloween. I find both Sega versions to probably be the easiest of the series, since the weapon needed to get the ending is actually powerful.

Monster World IV:
    Played the fan translation when that first came out. The 777 gold trick works(it gives you an extra 7,000), but you have be specific about it, and actually land on that number(not that hard, as you get close fight the enemies that give 1 a piece).

Greendog:
    Did anybody actually want this? Even when it's said to be good, I get no urge to want to play it.

MK:
    Probably Ultimate 3 was my most played game during that era. However, even with this one, discovering the special moves, fatalities, and Reptile battle were all amazing. You can call the series gimmicky, but the gimmicks are fun, which at the end of the day should be all that matters for video games.

Sonic 3D Blast:
    My first exposure to this was actually the PC version. I enjoyed it for what it was back then. Never beat it, doubt I ever will, but I don't regard it as a bad game. The directors cut sounds interesting though.

Quote Originally Posted by midnightrider View Post
    Monster World IV:
    Played the fan translation when that first came out. The 777 gold trick works(it gives you an extra 7,000), but you have be specific about it, and actually land on that number(not that hard, as you get close fight the enemies that give 1 a piece).
    That's actually another thing I learned from my PS3 playthrough. I never landed on that in any of my MD or 360 playthroughs. Took me by surprise when my gold counter started freaking out, and then I saw the little trophy graphic pop up explaining what happened. Definitely makes it easier to horde your gold bars for the better payouts later in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by midnightrider View Post
    Greendog:
    Did anybody actually want this? Even when it's said to be good, I get no urge to want to play it.
    I was eager to rent it back in the day because of how amazing the aquarium level looked in the magazines. I'd still say that's one of the more impressive looking levels in any Genesis game, but, yeah, it's nothing special. I want to say it was part of Sega's push to license Western independent comics with Chakan being the other one. I'd have to dig up my Sega Visions to verify, because Google knows nothing about a Greendog comic.

Seen Greendog on a Canadian show called Video & Arcade Top 10, and to the be honest it looked interesting enough to me back then. Guess not interesting enough to rent, but to be fair, choosing 1 or 2 games for weekend rentals was one heck of a pacing up and down the isles battle.

Thread Information