Quantcast

Page 39 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2935363738394041424349 ... LastLast

Thread: Xeno Crisis - new overhead run 'n' gun on Kickstarter

Road Rasher

I pre-ordered the rom, but I haven't received an email since the first one right after I ordered. When I go to the page, I get a message that there was a delay in the download.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingRoad Rasher Stifu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BrianC View Post
    I pre-ordered the rom, but I haven't received an email since the first one right after I ordered. When I go to the page, I get a message that there was a delay in the download.
    I also pre-ordered the ROM and didn't receive anything either. Neither the Kickstarter page nor the Bitmap Bureau site has any news that I can see.
    What page are you talking about?

Road Rasher

Quote Originally Posted by Stifu View Post
    I also pre-ordered the ROM and didn't receive anything either. Neither the Kickstarter page nor the Bitmap Bureau site has any news that I can see.
    What page are you talking about?
    The ordering page that was linked from the email I received after ordering.

Oh. I see the same thing as you, I guess.
    First I got a loading spinner with the following text:

Preparing your downloads
    This may take a few minutes
    You will also receive an email with download links for your digital purchases.
    Then:

There was a delay with your digital downloads
    You will receive an email shortly with your download links
    You will also receive an email with download links for your digital purchases.

Level 1 Blast Processor Road Rasher

Got my link (via email), so I guess they're being sent out as of today.

Holy hell, the soundtrack. The soundtrack, guys, the soundtrack.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingWildside Expert nihilblack's Avatar

Can't wait to get my physical copy! I'll get it on Switch too, but I'm not playing it until I play the Mega Drive one first, just as I did with Tanglewood. Congratulations to Bitmap Bureau on their release day! I hope we get more MD games from you.

Maybe I'm remembering this wrong, but didn't they say that the rom would release slightly later than other versions? I would give it a few days (which is frustrating) and then check for a download link in your mailbox.

The ROM downloads are there already as far as I can tell, maybe try again?

Got my Xeno Crisis ROM today. Copied it to my flash cart and tried it out on real hardware.

Graphics and sounds are so great! (As expected)

But I am having a lot of trouble getting used to the controls. I've only played three games so far, so there lots of room for improvement.
    I think I like the 3-button controller layout more than the 6-button. I'm terrible at shooting (in the desired direction) and then combat rolling to avoid trouble.
    Sega Dude

Visit my Instagram @RetroMegabit or RetroMegabit.com

Raging in the Streets xelement5x's Avatar

Finally finished my backer survey since I can see all the cart variants on their webpage. I'm pretty sure I don't get a named hostage anymore, unless they'll include it for later versions, LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by StarMist View Post
    A spine card is the hymen of a new game assuring its first owner that he is truly her one and only, and of a used game assuring its new owner that whilst she has been played with in the past that play has never been too careless or thorough.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingWildside Expert BitmapBureau's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by avlon View Post
    I wonder if I'm eligible for the ROM since I ordered both the Genesis & Neo-Geo CD versions from the website as soon as they were available from their site. My travel companions are my MiSTer or my Shield and I'd like to have the ROM on them for multiplayer fun when with family.
    Yes you should be receiving an email about the ROM if you've not had it already.

Road Rasher

My link arrived. I can't wait to play it!

AKA Mister Xiado Master of Shinobi Raijin Z's Avatar

I said what the hey and tried it out with my SG-6. If you've played Enter the Gungeon with a gamepad, and used shoulder buttons for blanks and rolling, you should be all set to play Xeno Crisis with an SG-6 in the same configuration.
    Absolutely top quality game. If this game had been released in 1996, it would take two places in nearly everyone's top 10 Genesis game list, with comments like "This is what an Aliens game should be like in 16 bits!" and "Why did they even try to port MERCs when this exists?" We would also have seen at least two articles about a Diehard Gamefan editor playing this while on acid, and clawing his face off to get the parasites out. Maybe even some poorly-drawn envelope art in Nintendo Power, with Mario holding a Super Scope while standing on the marines' helmet and beret, in some impotent console war sniping attempt.

Notes (not related to the game, but peripheral devices):
    ● [AsciiPad SG-6] The slow motion switch gets in the way of the start button. A bit of a nuisance, but if you're used to using this controller, it's probably not going to be an issue for you.
    ● If you play through a capture card like I usually do, you're going to have a bad time. You do not need to be fighting with display lag in this. Acquire a good CRT if you don't already have one, if you're playing on original hardware. If your LCD doesn't add a terrible amount of lag, then you may be able to play without issue.
    - Where it's always 1992 (or so).
    Youtube - Terminated
    BitChute - Fragmented, but functional

I got my ROM link by mail 6 hours ago. It works.
    Gmail detected it as spam, though, so double check your spam folder.

Congrats, Bitmap Bureau! I've been trying to make video games for 25 years now, with no success so far. I can't imagine how it feels to achieve something that huge.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingNameless One retronostalgia's Avatar

Question - if I buy the GOG version, is the Genesis ROM included with the download? (I understand that Tanglewood's Steam release included the Genesis ROM and am wondering if this is a similar situation.)

EDIT: also do you know when download codes for switch will become available to purchase on Amazon?
    Last edited by retronostalgia; 10-29-2019 at 04:33 AM.

Thread Information