Quantcast

Page 42 of 50 FirstFirst ... 32383940414243444546 ... LastLast

Thread: Xeno Crisis - new overhead run 'n' gun on Kickstarter

Toejam is a wiener. Master of Shinobi SEGA-Jorge's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by molasar View Post
    Isn't the Infinite Mode more than enough?
    It's not a matter of what is enough. I just like really difficult game settings, that are hard right away. The default hard mode might be just fine in this game. I haven't received my copy yet, so I'm excited to find out. That being said, I live it when a game had options for more challenging difficulty settings.

I'm already struggling with Easy (albeit I only played it for one hour so far) so I'm going to assume that Hard is indeed hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Sik View Post
    I'm already struggling with Easy (albeit I only played it for one hour so far) so I'm going to assume that Hard is indeed hard.
    I'm with you on this, I've played it for a few hours on easy and still haven't made it to the Boss on Area 3 - Dunes. I've also tried both 6-button and 3-button controls and I find 3-button to be easier but still run the risk of moving in a direction that doesn't match where I thought I was pointing and end up strafe locked 45 degrees from where I meant to be..etc.

I probably just suck at the game because my reflexes aren't improving with age LOL.

Amusingly I tried the 3-button configuration at first thinking that I'd fare better with it because I'm too slow these days. But nope, 6-button configuration is indeed better, this game really likes to emphasize waves coming from a specific direction and stick to it for a good few seconds (unlike Smash TV which is much more loose at this and you end up hopelessly surrounded).

EDIT: also make sure to improve your melee game, it can save your ass to melee while trying to run away (・<・)

I'm getting the hang of it now and I'm actually getting most of the way through the game without seeing the 'game over' screen, even on hard mode.

I can't find anything to criticize with the game, its about as close to perfect as it gets.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingWildside Expert nihilblack's Avatar

I've reached the 4th area's boss, playing on easy, which in my opinion is more like Normal/Hard. This game's HARD! But it rewards you as you play more and more. I love it! It REALLY is a good game with the absolute best production values one can find on the Mega Drive.

I've played the game two times. I love it. Looks, sounds and plays great. My hat goes off to thank and congratulate Bitmap Bureau for this excellent game. Really looking forward to seeing my physical copy in the mail... and myself as a hostage in the game!
    New user who wants access to the forum? PM Melf!

Mega Driven Raging in the Streets cleeg's Avatar

Moham's right, it's perfection. I must confess to only having played this on my GPDXD and Xperia play not having access to my proper stuff at the mo. It plays great on these though with twin stick and trigger layouts. I can't wait to play it properly.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingRoad Rasher Stifu's Avatar

I've reached the Area 5 boss on my first playthrough (in Easy mode, of course, having first read the comments here). No doubt buying the right items between each area makes it much easier to survive. I still struggle with the controls. Ironically, an SNES pad would probably be pretty good to play this game. Anyway, pretty sweet game.

I came to the final level on easy. I noticed level 3 is definitely much harder than level 4, 5 and 6. So many enemies who shoot projectiles at you, which is more difficult to dodge than melee enemies.
    New user who wants access to the forum? PM Melf!

Road Rasher

Quote Originally Posted by Zebbe View Post
    I've played the game two times. I love it. Looks, sounds and plays great. My hat goes off to thank and congratulate Bitmap Bureau for this excellent game. Really looking forward to seeing my physical copy in the mail... and myself as a hostage in the game!
    I got your back Zebbe!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingWildside Expert nihilblack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zebbe View Post
    I came to the final level on easy. I noticed level 3 is definitely much harder than level 4, 5 and 6. So many enemies who shoot projectiles at you, which is more difficult to dodge than melee enemies.
    Yes! It's kind of normal for me to reach level 3 without using continues, and losing one or two on level 3, it's definitely harder. Man, I love this game (not that I haven't said that like 20 times now ). I hope the cart comes soon to my home, I want to play this properly.

Has anyone that didn't invest gotten their carts yet? Are all orders from the site, that are not part of investment/backers shipping at a later date?

Death Bringer Raging in the Streets Black_Tiger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SEGA-Jorge View Post
    Has anyone that didn't invest gotten their carts yet? Are all orders from the site, that are not part of investment/backers shipping at a later date?
    I backed the kickstarter and haven't received my physical copy yet. I assume that most or all of us have been playing the rom in the meantime.
    Quote Originally Posted by year2kill06
    everyone knows nintendo is far way cooler than sega just face it nintendo has more better games and originals

Yeah, I have been playing the rom
    I just saw that a lot of YouTube people were playing it, and I saw an unboxing, and assumed that backers already got their copies.

Thread Information