Quantcast

Page 49 of 51 FirstFirst ... 3945464748495051 LastLast
Results 721 to 735 of 754

Thread: Xeno Crisis - new overhead run 'n' gun on Kickstarter

  1. #721
    WCPO Agent CrossBow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Ivory Tower Collections
    Posts
    751
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    I haven't played my actual cartridge yet, but did play a few hours using the .bin file on my X7 and didn't experience any issues. And I have both a model 2 SegaCD and a 32x attached to my model 1 Genesis. But I've also not been able to pass the 3rd area yet so maybe the issues are further in the game and not experienced at the lower levels such as where I'm at?

  2. #722
    Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingRoad Rasher Stifu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    321
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SEGA-Jorge View Post
    I just don't want a scenario where early adopters will have a physical copy of a game that eventually gets an update to fix issues. We'll see, I'm just interested in getting my copy of the game. Playing in the emulator just doesn't do it for me.
    Game revisions were common back then. I wouldn't mind if Xeno Crisis received the same treatment. It'd be a shame if the fixes were only included in later ports.

  3. #723
    Toejam is a wiener. Master of Shinobi SEGA-Jorge's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Age
    38
    Posts
    1,290
    Rep Power
    48

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stifu View Post
    Game revisions were common back then. I wouldn't mind if Xeno Crisis received the same treatment. It'd be a shame if the fixes were only included in later ports.
    Yeah, but not a lot of substantial game breaking stuff. The revisions are generally less common than you'd suspect for the limited QA time and potential game breaking stuff. That being said, games were a great deal simpler too, so that would help. That being said, I have a lot of Genesis games where I have later and earlier revisions, and in very few of them are the changes substantial.

  4. #724
    Death Bringer Raging in the Streets Black_Tiger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Vancouver
    Age
    43
    Posts
    4,658
    Rep Power
    105

    Default

    If an updated rom is supplied that would be more than generous.
    Quote Originally Posted by year2kill06
    everyone knows nintendo is far way cooler than sega just face it nintendo has more better games and originals

  5. #725
    Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingWildside Expert MushaAleste's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    193
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    So i finally got my Xeno Crisis cart in the mail today. Hip hip hooray. And i am happy to report that if your order number is BB-12XX+, you will most likely receive yours in the coming week(s). I guess they aim to get them all shipped out before christmas. On the game itself, the manual, print quality, the quality of the pcb and the clampshell box, its all really top notch. Alas the japanese style cart shell feels like a cheapo aliexpress bootleg. Speaking of the bootlegged devil, they are on ebay and aliexpress as we speak.
    Attached Images Attached Images

  6. #726
    Toejam is a wiener. Master of Shinobi SEGA-Jorge's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Age
    38
    Posts
    1,290
    Rep Power
    48

    Default

    Oh boy... I'm order BB-24xx..

    This sounds like a sad XMas for me. Hahah

  7. #727
    Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingWildside Expert MushaAleste's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    193
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    That could be a little tight. Unless santa has got the royal mail turbo express.

  8. #728
    WCPO Agent CrossBow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Ivory Tower Collections
    Posts
    751
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    I played my physical copy of Xeno Crisis for several hours last night and didn't experience any issues with the game at all. I've got a va2 model 1 with both 32x and segaCD model 2 attached. However, I did find that the cart PCB is thicc! I really had to push down to get it to slot into my 32x so I'm not sure where the PCBs came from but mine is thicker than original Genesis cart PCBs and possibly even a tighter fit than my 16-bit Rhythm Land cart is from Columbus Circle....

  9. #729
    Now with 33% more @$$! Master of Shinobi Assman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    California
    Posts
    1,181
    Rep Power
    42

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CrossBow View Post
    I played my physical copy of Xeno Crisis for several hours last night and didn't experience any issues with the game at all. I've got a va2 model 1 with both 32x and segaCD model 2 attached. However, I did find that the cart PCB is thicc! I really had to push down to get it to slot into my 32x so I'm not sure where the PCBs came from but mine is thicker than original Genesis cart PCBs and possibly even a tighter fit than my 16-bit Rhythm Land cart is from Columbus Circle....
    I've played the hell out of it on my model 1 (HD Graphics variant, but no idea which one) over the past couple of weeks and haven't had any technical issues I can recall either, other than a frozen enemy bullet once during level 5. It's interesting to me that you find the board to be on the thick side, though, since my copy went in smoother than Tanzer or my Mega ED V1 (it's been a while since an original cart was in there, but it seemed similar to one). Oddly enough, those problem carts have had an easier time going into my 32X.

    I love playing this game (most of the time), but it's never stopped kicking my ass. I still haven't beaten it legitimately on easy, unless you count the "ha ha, go fuck yourself" ending. The 6-button layout was definitely the way to go for me; although it has its issues, I can't imagine playing seriously without it.

    I also wanted to mention the reversible covers that I had completely forgotten about until I saw Raycommend's review. I had a tough time picking the version I wanted and even regretted my choice a bit afterward, but being able to switch to the NA candy-stripe that dominated my collection in the '90s at any time is an awesome bonus.

  10. #730
    WCPO Agent CrossBow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Ivory Tower Collections
    Posts
    751
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Yeah...the cart doesn't want to slot into my 32x easily. I tested again last night and my ED X-7, Tanzer, and 16-bit Rhythm land all go in much easier. I haven't looked to compare, but maybe the XC carts aren't tapered as much?

    I have tried to use the 6button layout more and more but I honestly get just as far in the game using either control method. On thing I did notice about the 6-button that is different from the 3-button that I don't like. If I'm shooting I can't roll at the same time?! On the 3-button you can do this. So it makes the first boss battle easier to setup my straight firing and keep it held down to fire while moving left and right while being able to roll as well. With the 6-button, if you are firing and running, then pressing the roll button does nothing. You have to stop firing first and then it will register the roll. So...I wasn't too cool with that as it actually made for some sections of the game to be more challenging.

  11. #731
    Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingRoad Rasher Stifu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    321
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Assman View Post
    other than a frozen enemy bullet once during level 5.
    Ha! I knew this wasn't an emulation bug. I think that only happens with bullets shot by red gargoyles, which is why this only happens in that area.

  12. #732
    Toejam is a wiener. Master of Shinobi SEGA-Jorge's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Age
    38
    Posts
    1,290
    Rep Power
    48

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CrossBow View Post
    Yeah...the cart doesn't want to slot into my 32x easily. I tested again last night and my ED X-7, Tanzer, and 16-bit Rhythm land all go in much easier. I haven't looked to compare, but maybe the XC carts aren't tapered as much?

    I have tried to use the 6button layout more and more but I honestly get just as far in the game using either control method. On thing I did notice about the 6-button that is different from the 3-button that I don't like. If I'm shooting I can't roll at the same time?! On the 3-button you can do this. So it makes the first boss battle easier to setup my straight firing and keep it held down to fire while moving left and right while being able to roll as well. With the 6-button, if you are firing and running, then pressing the roll button does nothing. You have to stop firing first and then it will register the roll. So...I wasn't too cool with that as it actually made for some sections of the game to be more challenging.
    Is the Tanzer cart/package okay? I'm actually ordering one, and I was wondering about the build quality.

  13. #733
    WCPO Agent CrossBow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Ivory Tower Collections
    Posts
    751
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SEGA-Jorge View Post
    Is the Tanzer cart/package okay? I'm actually ordering one, and I was wondering about the build quality.
    I ordred my copy from MegaCat Studios and it was better than some other homebrews I've gotten as far as the quality goes.

  14. #734
    Raging in the Streets Sik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    3,592
    Rep Power
    65

    Default

    With the 3-button layout you can't roll and shoot at the same time either (the button used for rolling while not shooting is instead used for turning around while shooting). In fact it's likely the reason why they made it impossible to roll and shoot with the 6-button layout too.

  15. #735
    Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingWCPO Agent avlon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    770
    Rep Power
    28

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SEGA-Jorge View Post
    Is the Tanzer cart/package okay? I'm actually ordering one, and I was wondering about the build quality.
    Build quality for Tanzer is decent. Definitely above aliexpress crap but not as good as XenoCrisis.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •