Quantcast

Page 37 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2733343536373839404147 ... LastLast

Thread: Xeno Crisis - new overhead run 'n' gun on Kickstarter

Wildside Expert

I missed out on the Kickstarter of this but Iím definitely in for a ROM purchase as soon as itís available! Looks great!

Question on the controls though ó how do we control the direction of fire?
    Jeff Nelson
    Video gaming since 1979

AKA Mister Xiado Master of Shinobi Raijin Z's Avatar

That's the hundred thousand dollar question.
    - Where it's always 1992 (or so).
    Youtube - Terminated
    BitChute - Fragmented, but functional

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingWildside Expert nihilblack's Avatar

You rotate in one direction with a button, and the other direction with another, if I remember correctly.

Toejam is a wiener. Master of Shinobi SEGA-Jorge's Avatar

I think it was mentioned that it was similar to Smash TV. It worked fine in that game. I wonder if they have the 2-controller option that was in the Genesis version of Smash TV as well. Really, with a 6-button controller, there's a few different ways this could be done. I'm excited to see how this plays.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingWildside Expert BitmapBureau's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WaverBoy View Post
    I missed out on the Kickstarter of this but Iím definitely in for a ROM purchase as soon as itís available! Looks great!

Question on the controls though ó how do we control the direction of fire?
    Hey Jeff, that's a good question, and it was the first thing we addressed when making the prototype. The standard Mega Drive / Genesis controller has just 3 buttons of course (and the start button, but it's not practical to use that as an action button), which seems quite limiting at first. But both Shock Troopers on the Neo Geo and Super Smash TV on the Mega Drive allow you to strafe whilst shooting, which works very elegantly. On top of this we've also added the ability to rotate your shot direction by pressing / holding A or C - 'A' will rotate your direction anti-clockwise, and 'C' clockwise. Ha, only just realised that correlation! Anyway, that system can be seen in games such as Skeleton Krew and Forgotten Worlds, and I think it's a great addition to the strafing mechanic.

When not firing you can push 'A' to roll and 'C' to throw a grenade - you can also melee enemies by walking into them or letting them approach you, although it's generally advisable to only take on one enemy at a time. We're really happy with the amount of control we've managed to give the player with just 3 buttons, and we hope that you'll be equally happy too!

Cheers,

Mike

There's no option for using face buttons as a second d-pad, or to manually configure the controls?
    Youtube - Terminated

Quote Originally Posted by Raijin Z View Post
    There's no option for using face buttons as a second d-pad, or to manually configure the controls?
    Yes, you can use the A, B, X and Y buttons on a 6 button controller in a similar vein to Smash TV on the SNES.

Ah, thanks. I was worried for a moment.
    Youtube - Terminated

I'm looking forward to getting my copy of this game. I have the physical copy of the Genesis and the Dreamcast coming. I'm probably gonna get the Neo Geo cart as well since I recently picked up a console a few months ago and would enjoy a good game to play on it. I'm really optimistic this game will kick ass and the developers will continue to make retro games.
    Toys: PS4 Pro, PS3 Slim 250GB,PSVita, Xbox, Gamecube, Dreamcast, Saturn, JVC X'Eye, NES, SNES, Neo Geo, Turbo Duo R, PS1

Movie Setup: Vizio M65, Fluance ES 5.1, Definitive Technology SC 4000, Sony STR-DN840, Apple TV 4k, Synology DS413j with 12TB of media.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingWildside Expert MushaAleste's Avatar

I have a quick question. I ordered my copy of xeno crisis last christmas via your online store. Any chance you will be shipping the non kickstarter md carts this month?

Toejam is a wiener. Master of Shinobi SEGA-Jorge's Avatar

If you purchase a game on the site today, will you get the game in a subsequent shipment? I imagine the initial stuff is all for backers, and there will be a few more printings?

The Cat in the Hat Shining Hero NeoVamp's Avatar

So eh, quick question.. can I buy this from the site yet? with paypal..

There's the shop:
    https://shop.bitmapbureau.com/collec...-drive-genesis

I didn't check the payment methods tho.

Road Rasher

I pre-ordered the ROM (which should be arriving soon?) and Paypal wasn't available.

Quote Originally Posted by Hairlesswookiee View Post
    I'm looking forward to getting my copy of this game. I have the physical copy of the Genesis and the Dreamcast coming. I'm probably gonna get the Neo Geo cart as well since I recently picked up a console a few months ago and would enjoy a good game to play on it. I'm really optimistic this game will kick ass and the developers will continue to make retro games.
    Thanks for your support - you shouldn't be waiting much longer now. And as for the Neo Geo version, there's nothing quite like it on the machine - Shock Troopers is probably the closest thing to it, an did inspire the control scheme.

Thread Information