Quantcast

Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 404647484950

Thread: Xeno Crisis - new overhead run 'n' gun on Kickstarter

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingWCPO Agent avlon's Avatar

If anyone is interested in a full review, here's a link to mine:

Now with 33% more @$$! Master of Shinobi Assman's Avatar

I just legitimately beat the game on easy mode (although I had to continue at the final boss), so at least I can finally say that. I'm not sure if I even want to try for the real ending in hard mode.

Quote Originally Posted by Sik View Post
    With the 3-button layout you can't roll and shoot at the same time either (the button used for rolling while not shooting is instead used for turning around while shooting). In fact it's likely the reason why they made it impossible to roll and shoot with the 6-button layout too.
    Yeah, that comment confused me for a second. It is a frustrating issue, though, especially since it's possible to throw a grenade while shooting (although shooting does cancel your roll, so they'd have to contend with that, but it still seems like there should have been a better option). It was almost perfect for the 8BitDo controller since the shoulder buttons work as Z and C.

Really, though, the roll in general just frustrates me; it's so crucial to succeeding in the game yet I have no confidence whatsoever in using it. It's still not clear to me what exactly the invincibility frames are on it, it just seems like sometimes I'll get hit during a roll and sometimes I won't. I swear I've rolled through those acid blood puddles in level 4 with and without taking damage, but maybe I'm only just missing the hitboxes sometimes (it seems like the intended behavior is to cause damage). Then you have the jerkass enemies that collide with you during a roll, and the fact that clipping the edge of any boundary will stop your roll short. It's maddening. I wish it were more like the slide in Contra HC; I know exactly what's going to happen every time I do it.

I wish there were an option to use the mode button for the melee move too. Having to counterintuitively stand motionless next to an encroaching enemy and then whiffing is not a fun experience. There's so much to love about this game but when the difficulty is as high as it is the few issues seem somewhat pronounced.

Then I stand corrected but I could have sworn I was originally playing my rom version with the 3-button controller and was able to be shooting and then roll. Doing so would of course stop shooting, but once the roll was complete I would be shooting immediately again in the same direction as before. I guess I need to try this again with the 3-button layout. So my apologies...

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingRoad Rasher Stifu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Assman View Post
    Really, though, the roll in general just frustrates me; it's so crucial to succeeding in the game yet I have no confidence whatsoever in using it. It's still not clear to me what exactly the invincibility frames are on it, it just seems like sometimes I'll get hit during a roll and sometimes I won't. I swear I've rolled through those acid blood puddles in level 4 with and without taking damage, but maybe I'm only just missing the hitboxes sometimes (it seems like the intended behavior is to cause damage).
    I can relate with everything you said, but especially this. The hitbox of the blood/acid of the killed aliens in area 4 is very confusing to me. Sometimes it feels like I should get hurt but don't, and sometimes it's the other way around.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingSports Talker jymannob's Avatar

I think the roll is interupt if you soot before end. When you do that invicibility seems immediatly interupted too.

Toejam is a wiener. Master of Shinobi SEGA-Jorge's Avatar

Oh, hey! I got the email today! Looks like my package is being shipped! Well, I guess it will take, what, like 3 weeks? I imagine there is some international shipping stuff that will make it take longer than usual. I'm super excited to get it!

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingWildside Expert nihilblack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SEGA-Jorge View Post
    Oh, hey! I got the email today! Looks like my package is being shipped! Well, I guess it will take, what, like 3 weeks? I imagine there is some international shipping stuff that will make it take longer than usual. I'm super excited to get it!
    Really? I'm around #18XX and haven't received any shipping confirmation, and you were around #24XX

Blast Processing! Death Adder's minion Bear78's Avatar

Just to throw my 2 cents in. I got my game in the mail last week (central US). I never got a shipping email or anything, it just showed up one day. I didn't back it during the kickstarter and ordered it though the devs websites earlier this year.

VA1LT CHIP ENABLED Master of Shinobi OverDrone's Avatar

Yeah, I didn't receive a shipping email either, yet the game rocked up a couple of days ago, much to my delight! I'm in Australia, and ordered from BB's online store around March or April. Postman just turns up, I was like 'hello, wuts this', and it was Xeno Crisis in time for Xmas

Obviously pretty stoked about that.

As to the game itself, I have been ultra busy with other stuff lately, so have only had time to pop the cart in and check it out briefly. Over the Xmas break hopefully Ill have time to dig in and clear it, holy smokes does it look and sound amazing!!

A big thank you to Bitmap Bureau for this amazing release.

Toejam is a wiener. Master of Shinobi SEGA-Jorge's Avatar

Ug... I can't waiiiit!

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingWildside Expert nihilblack's Avatar

I've just received the shipment notification, so It's now a matter of days. Can't wait! I stopped playing the ROM weeks ago just to wait for the cartridge unspoiled.

I'll need an infinite ammo cheat haha the melee isnt reliable to me

Thread Information