Quantcast

Page 2 of 46 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 685

Thread: Xeno Crisis - new overhead run 'n' gun on Kickstarter

  1. #16
    Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingWildside Expert BitmapBureau's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Southampton, Hampshire, UK
    Age
    43
    Posts
    138
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SEGA.GENESIS1989 View Post
    Procedural map/room generation? I didn't know that could be done on the Mega Drive! Woo hoo!

    I think you've put together an amazing team to handle art design, game design, and the music!

    Great job providing in-depth information on the Kickstarter page!
    Thank you! Yes we really wanted to produce a high quality Mega Drive game but also bring some new elements to Mega Drive games that weren't so common back then. Both Henk and Catherine are amazing artists, and Savaged Regime does things with the YM2612 that I didn't think were possible!

  2. #17
    AKA Mister Xiado Master of Shinobi Raijin Z's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    1,011
    Rep Power
    39

    Default

    I was pretty interested, looking at the pedigrees of those involved, but whom do I see at the bottom of the list?



    I am morally obligated to back this, despite Kickstarter's well-earned, pejorative nickname.
    - Where it's always 1992 (or so).
    Youtube - Terminated
    BitChute - Fragmented, but functional

  3. #18
    Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingWildside Expert BitmapBureau's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Southampton, Hampshire, UK
    Age
    43
    Posts
    138
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Yeah the guy is ridiculously talented!

  4. #19
    Master of Shinobi Pyron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    1,862
    Rep Power
    59

    Default

    The game looks very cool, i loved the pixel art and the style i will bank this for sure, my only complaint is about the box art.. it's so generic and lifeless

    Visit my youtube channel Pyron's Lair
    Take here all my hacks made with love for all of us here
    Want to help me? Here is my Patreon!

  5. #20
    Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingWildside Expert BitmapBureau's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Southampton, Hampshire, UK
    Age
    43
    Posts
    138
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pyron View Post
    The game looks very cool, i loved the pixel art and the style i will bank this for sure, my only complaint is about the box art.. it's so generic and lifeless
    No you're right, the box art we're using at the moment is just a placeholder, and is actually the game's title screen - over the next few weeks we'll be coming up with some properly designed box art.

  6. #21
    Master of Shinobi Pyron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    1,862
    Rep Power
    59

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BitmapBureau View Post
    No you're right, the box art we're using at the moment is just a placeholder, and is actually the game's title screen - over the next few weeks we'll be coming up with some properly designed box art.
    Now you make me happy
    I hope for japanese art cover follow the standars of the era like.. 1p or 2p action, no black borders like us and etc..
    https://otaku.com/files/images/fullsize/57849D2.JPG

    Visit my youtube channel Pyron's Lair
    Take here all my hacks made with love for all of us here
    Want to help me? Here is my Patreon!

  7. #22
    Outrunner EPSYLON EAGLE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    659
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    The player control seems very tight. I like this!

  8. #23
    Antiquing Hedgehog Lord QuickSciFi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Age
    40
    Posts
    19,197
    Rep Power
    206

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BitmapBureau View Post
    Couldn't agree more - we were determined to nail the gameplay and controls early on, and the Mega Drive's 3 button pad just doesn't work for twin-stick shooters, so we needed to come up with an alternative. I remember the 'lock' method in Granada (and Smash TV for that matter) working really nicely though, and it also turned out that Shock Troopers uses this method, so that gave me a lot more confidence that we were going down the right route. Smash TV was obviously designed as a twin-stick shooter, but we've designed the game to use the lock method from the outset and it works great. I also added the ability to alter your shot angle by 45 degrees by pushing 'A' or 'C' whilst firing - weirdly, Skeleton Krew uses this system too.
    Sounds awesome. All the mentioned games control beautifully for a Genesis/MD controller.

    I'm also glad to see such amount of work go into a Genesis/MD title. Too many glorified 2600 games being shoved into a GENESIS cartridge these days. Makes my pledge all the more easy to make.
    Last edited by QuickSciFi; 12-12-2017 at 01:17 PM.

  9. #24
    AKA Mister Xiado Master of Shinobi Raijin Z's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    1,011
    Rep Power
    39

    Default

    I was thinking about using two controllers for proper twin stick play, a la Smash TV, but the game seems to have a need for buttons. I'm not about to engineer a twin-controller Dual Shock clone for the Genesis, but it's possible to be done with a couple 74HC157AP chips and a few dozen bucks.
    - Where it's always 1992 (or so).
    Youtube - Terminated
    BitChute - Fragmented, but functional

  10. #25
    Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingWildside Expert BitmapBureau's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Southampton, Hampshire, UK
    Age
    43
    Posts
    138
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pyron View Post
    Now you make me happy
    I hope for japanese art cover follow the standars of the era like.. 1p or 2p action, no black borders like us and etc..
    https://otaku.com/files/images/fullsize/57849D2.JPG
    Oh yeah I'm a massive fan of Japanese box art - I only collect Japanese versions of games, as you can see.

    Attachment 13745

  11. #26
    Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingWildside Expert BitmapBureau's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Southampton, Hampshire, UK
    Age
    43
    Posts
    138
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by QuickSciFi View Post
    Sounds awesome. All the mentioned games control beautifully for a Genesis/MD controller.

    I'm also glad to see such amount of work go into a Genesis/MD title. Too many glorified 2600 games being shoved into a cartridge these days. Makes my pledge all the more easy to make.
    Thanks, that's great to hear!

  12. #27
    Outrunner thesegadude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    632
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    Before I was certain this was going to be a physical release for the MD/Genesis my first impression was this must be for PC; it looked too good.
    I've pledged. I'm down for 1 Genesis version and a Japanese MD version.

    @BitmapBureau thanks for being so active here and giving so many details!
    Sega Dude

    Visit my Instagram @RetroMegabit or RetroMegabit.com

  13. #28
    Outrunner CrossBow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Ivory Tower Collections
    Posts
    724
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    How about a control method to allow the use of two genesis controllers? One you hold for control, the other you hold for firing? I think Smash TV supports this. So...to do that a have 2 player co-op...you would have to use a team tap so you could have 4 controllers in at once for you and buddy to play twin stick method?

    Also provides an option where one player controls the character, and the other controls shooting as an additional co-op option.

    And yes...when I saw that Savage was doing the music... I didn't hesitate to back for a boxed copy of the game.
    Last edited by CrossBow; 12-12-2017 at 10:36 AM.

  14. #29
    Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingWildside Expert BitmapBureau's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Southampton, Hampshire, UK
    Age
    43
    Posts
    138
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thesegadude View Post
    Before I was certain this was going to be a physical release for the MD/Genesis my first impression was this must be for PC; it looked too good.
    I've pledged. I'm down for 1 Genesis version and a Japanese MD version.

    @BitmapBureau thanks for being so active here and giving so many details!
    No worries at all, and thanks for supporting us! To answer your question on Kickstarter, yes you will get two copies, and you'll be able to choose any combination of box art / cartridge design you like.

  15. #30
    Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingWildside Expert BitmapBureau's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Southampton, Hampshire, UK
    Age
    43
    Posts
    138
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CrossBow View Post
    How about a control method to allow the use of two genesis controllers? One you hold for control, the other you hold for firing? I think Smash TV supports this. So...to do that a have 2 player co-op...you would have to use a team tap so you could have 4 controllers in at once for you and buddy to play twin stick method?

    Also provides an option where one player controls the character, and the other controls shooting as an additional co-op option.

    And yes...when I saw that Savage was doing the music... I didn't hesitate to back for a boxed copy of the game.
    That's something we're thinking about - I think this works well in Smash TV as every weapon fires rapidly, but we have two weapons (the Shotgun and Rocket launcher) that only fire when you push the 'shoot' button, so I'm not sure how these will work with a 2 pad setup. Perhaps you aim but still have to push a button to shoot? Then there's the 6-button controllers of course. It might be that we allow all weapons to fire automatically but at different rates, but we'll certainly be adding as many control options as possible, and I can assure you that the standard 3 button controls work beautifully - check out Shock Troopers on the Neo Geo to see it in action, or Granada on the Mega Drive.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •