Quantcast

Page 3 of 46 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Xeno Crisis - new overhead run 'n' gun on Kickstarter

Quote Originally Posted by BitmapBureau View Post
    That's something we're thinking about - I think this works well in Smash TV as every weapon fires rapidly, but we have two weapons (the Shotgun and Rocket launcher) that only fire when you push the 'shoot' button, so I'm not sure how these will work with a 2 pad setup. Perhaps you aim but still have to push a button to shoot? Then there's the 6-button controllers of course. It might be that we allow all weapons to fire automatically but at different rates, but we'll certainly be adding as many control options as possible, and I can assure you that the standard 3 button controls work beautifully - check out Shock Troopers on the Neo Geo to see it in action, or Granada on the Mega Drive.
    YES, when i watch the video and see "the roll" in action it comes on my mind at the same time, its is shock troopers with smath tv. I think the gameplay gonna work very well, also ypu can add a second method of control using a 6 button layout too.

Visit my youtube channel Pyron's Lair
    Take here all my hacks made with love for all of us here
    Want to help me? Here is my Patreon!

Outrunner

Is the gameplay video running on a real Megadrive? If so, the game looks really impressive!!!

Mega Driven Raging in the Streets cleeg's Avatar

Backed!

Quote Originally Posted by Nightwolf View Post
    Is the gameplay video running on a real Megadrive? If so, the game looks really impressive!!!
    I was wondering the same the thing. I know its quite common to make a demo that runs on a PC in order to show off the concept, so I understand if that's the case here. If that demo can run on an actual Genesis then its definitely worth backing.

One question I have about the game though: Has permission been sought from the Red Cross for use of their emblem on medi-kits or will that be changed before release?

Raging in the Streets Thunderblaze16's Avatar

I've never backed a kickstarter before but this looks super tempting. Release a demo clip and I might jump on this for a complete copy.
    ***Visualshock! Speedshock! Soundshock! Now is time to the 68000 heart on fire!***
    http://ban-game-4.gamewise.co/musha-metallic-uniframe-super-hybrid-armor_banner65-61867-full.jpeg

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingRoad Rasher Prince Talmit's Avatar

US$80 for a complete cartridge release is a bit too much for me.
    Maybe it'll get picked up by PlayAsia and sold for $40 complete sometime in the future.

Raging in the Streets xelement5x's Avatar

Looks very cool, I am also pretty interested in this release. Will put it on my watch list for now.

Visually it appears to be top notch though!
    Quote Originally Posted by StarMist View Post
    A spine card is the hymen of a new game assuring its first owner that he is truly her one and only, and of a used game assuring its new owner that whilst she has been played with in the past that play has never been too careless or thorough.

This isn't my type of game and I really don't play often at all anymore, but reading through the kickstarter and watching the video made the game look impressive. I was blown away and when I read the bios and saw Henk worked on Flink (rhyme not intended if they even rhyme). No wonder the game looks so good. Flink, IMO, is the most graphically beautiful game I've seen on the genesis/mega drive. Very cool. Best of luck on your campaign!

Toejam is a wiener. Master of Shinobi SEGA-Jorge's Avatar

This looks great. I'm all over this. I really hope you guys meet your goals. Look at that, another group of talented devs and artists that actually have something to show before they ask for money! I'm loving this development mentality!

Well that got funded quick. Congratulations, I'm looking forward to seeing a finished product.

My question about the use of the Red Cross emblem still hasn't been answered though.

AKA Mister Xiado Master of Shinobi Raijin Z's Avatar

Yeah, use of the red cross emblem requires you to cheat people out of their money, or at least bill war veterans for blankets or something.
    - Where it's always 1992 (or so).
    Youtube - Terminated
    BitChute - Fragmented, but functional

Quote Originally Posted by Raijin Z View Post
    Yeah, use of the red cross emblem requires you to cheat people out of their money, or at least bill war veterans for blankets or something.
    Use of the Red Cross emblem without permission is a violation of the Geneva Convention and is taken pretty seriously, even in video games. If you don't believe me then just go and check the graphics alterations that were made to Wolfenstein 3D's health pickups. Other games have had to be altered too.

I just wanted to know if permission was being sought once the game was funded, or whether permission had already been acquired.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingWildside Expert BitmapBureau's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Moham View Post
    Use of the Red Cross emblem without permission is a violation of the Geneva Convention and is taken pretty seriously, even in video games. If you don't believe me then just go and check the graphics alterations that were made to Wolfenstein 3D's health pickups. Other games have had to be altered too.

I just wanted to know if permission was being sought once the game was funded, or whether permission had already been acquired.
    Yes, thanks for pointing this out - we've been looking into it and will probably change the two pickups that use it, just to be safe!

Quote Originally Posted by BitmapBureau View Post
    Yes, thanks for pointing this out - we've been looking into it and will probably change the two pickups that use it, just to be safe!
    Cool, thanks for answering my question. I just backed your project, I hope everything goes smoothly, the work you've done looks good so far.

Wildside Expert

Hi Bitmap Bureau. Nice to know you also respond on this forum to all the retro sega fans. I am sure people are pretty excited for the future xenocrisis. I sent a mail to contact you in the beginning of this week. I would be grateful if you could respond to it. Thanks in advance. Armen.

Thread Information