Quantcast

Page 34 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2430313233343536373844 ... LastLast

Thread: Xeno Crisis - new overhead run 'n' gun on Kickstarter

Quote Originally Posted by strider1911 View Post
    I had high hopes for this game, but it's mostly an audio-visual experience, the gameplay is pretty lacking and basic, a "jack of all trades master of none" kinda thing.
    The guys behind it were making gamer magazines prior to this. They got one of my class mates as an intern, but instead of them teaching him stuff he taught them stuff because he had more experience in game development.

Also, one of the musicians worked on the Streets of Rage games, one of the graphic artists who I've met several times worked on Paprium and another on... *drumroll*... Xeno Crisis! Small world, eh?
    New user who wants access to the forum? PM Melf!

Quote Originally Posted by Zebbe View Post
    The guys behind it were making gamer magazines prior to this.
    Are they trying to become the next Game Freak? (Game Freak also started as a gaming magazine)

Nameless One

Quote Originally Posted by molasar View Post
    Yep, it fits a description of the game. Just a little taste of gameplay from 80s' games. If they make a sequel called 1989X 2/199X, it will be a bit better, I guess.
    The worst parts are probably the controls and the repetitiveness, most "mini games" overstayed their welcome because of this. I nearly gave up during the SOR stage (which is the first).
    That being said, if you look at it as an art project, or a "scene demo", it's worth going through at least once.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingWildside Expert MushaAleste's Avatar

New Xeno Crisis Interview below. Man, the wait is killing me. How are you guys holding up?

https://megacatstudios.com/blogs/pre...bit-map-bureau

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingNameless One

Quote Originally Posted by MushaAleste View Post
    the wait is killing me.
    Same here.

Itto Ogami represents this waiting time and awaits for a proper treatment by Bitmap Bureau in a form of beat'em up video game.

Last edited by molasar; 07-13-2019 at 03:45 PM.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingWildside Expert nihilblack's Avatar

Haha, everytime I read an interview with this guys I learn something new. I didn't knew of their first attempt at a Mega Drive game, Fatal Smarties, done in a 48 hour game jam:

https://globalgamejam.org/2016/games/fatal-smarties

And yes, just as everyone else, the wait is killing me (it seems that the finish line is just ahead).

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingRoad Rasher Stifu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MushaAleste View Post
    New Xeno Crisis Interview below. Man, the wait is killing me. How are you guys holding up?

https://megacatstudios.com/blogs/pre...bit-map-bureau
    we hope that it gives Mega Drive / Mega Drive fans something to get excited about
    Sorry Genesis fans.

Nameless One

Hey, how does one register to play-test the new RC of the game?

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingWildside Expert nihilblack's Avatar

Just in case someone missed, there's a new update with nice pictures and everything, so take a look (Mega Drive version is ALMOST done):

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects.../posts/2575982

Master of Shinobi Dirt Ball Gamer's Avatar

It would be cool if the game offered the option of being able to use the Micomsoft XE-1AP analog controller. Not that there's much demand for such a feature, but so few games support it that I wish some of these new homebrew titles would start supporting it, take advantage of it.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingWildside Expert BitmapBureau's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt Ball Gamer View Post
    It would be cool if the game offered the option of being able to use the Micomsoft XE-1AP analog controller. Not that there's much demand for such a feature, but so few games support it that I wish some of these new homebrew titles would start supporting it, take advantage of it.
    Xeno Crisis probably isn't the kind of game that would benefit from using the XE-1AP, but I'm glad you mentioned it since it would work brilliantly with one title that we have in mind.

On the other hand that controller is rare as heck (and looking up it seems to go for between $150 and $180, and all the ones I found were already sold) and it'd be probably easier to get a Saturn 3D controller with an adapter than that… we really need ready-made adapters.

Raging in the Streets xelement5x's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sik View Post
    On the other hand that controller is rare as heck (and looking up it seems to go for between $150 and $180, and all the ones I found were already sold) and it'd be probably easier to get a Saturn 3D controller with an adapter than that… we really need ready-made adapters.
    The the protocol the XE1AP uses is the same as that used in the Cyberstick as well. With a pin adapter you can use the Cyberstick on the MD, it's just that the XE1AP has it build into it.
    Quote Originally Posted by StarMist View Post
    A spine card is the hymen of a new game assuring its first owner that he is truly her one and only, and of a used game assuring its new owner that whilst she has been played with in the past that play has never been too careless or thorough.

Quote Originally Posted by BitmapBureau View Post
    Xeno Crisis probably isn't the kind of game that would benefit from using the XE-1AP, but I'm glad you mentioned it since it would work brilliantly with one title that we have in mind.
    Is that a hint of a future Mega Drive game in the works???? :-)

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingWildside Expert BitmapBureau's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymouse View Post
    Is that a hint of a future Mega Drive game in the works???? :-)
    We've got a few ideas, yeah - need to finish Xeno Crisis first though!

Thread Information