Quantcast

Page 35 of 36 FirstFirst ... 25313233343536 LastLast

Thread: Xeno Crisis - new overhead run 'n' gun on Kickstarter

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingWildside Expert nihilblack's Avatar

Those XE-1AP controllers are selling for 170€ in non-working condition :O

AKA Mister Xiado WCPO Agent Raijin Z's Avatar

The reseller cult, ladies and gentlemen.
    - Where it's always 1992 (or so).
    Youtube - Terminated

The XE-1AP is legitimately rare at least (and there's no rush to reverse engineer anything since the protocol is known). But yeah, this is why I mentioned that it's probably not the smartest thing to attempt, while the Saturn 3D controller seems to go for 1/5 the price (…in fact, it seems a lot of the common peripherals go for $30-$35, since the mouse and the keyboard adapter also go for that price).

Has there been any further news on Xeno Crisis? I know that sometimes its best to just leave the developer to get on with the game (unless the developer is Fonzie), but it would be nice to see an update, especially since we were told that the game was pretty close to completion a little while ago.

I think I should make it clear that I'm not worried about anyone's ability to deliver the game, I'm just looking forward to playing.

Yeah this project went dark after a long period of regular updates. Over a month without an update.

Hero of Algol

Bug fixing maybe?

That can easily eat up several weeks of your original schedule with these old systems.

Smith's Minister of War Hero of Algol Kamahl's Avatar

Bug fixing is my guess too, or trying to cram everything into the cart. Meanwhile, I don't remember if it was already posted, but here's a ridiculously badass song from the game:

https://soundcloud.com/bitmapbureau/xeno-crisis-lab

It's mastered for the CD, but it's still a mega drive track.
    This thread needs more... ENGINEERS

There was no update in March either, but that's completely fine. They wrote in the last update they'd work on fixing "the last few bugs".
    New user who wants access to the forum? PM Melf!

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingNameless One

A message from Mike of BB - posted 5 days ago on project kickstarter site.

"Not to worry - we're back from our summer holidays now and are knee deep in the final stages gearing up to ship. We'll make some time next week to put together an update, but all's going well! "

Ah summer break.

Road Rasher

From what I heard so far, this will be the best genesis game soundtrack ever.

When I last checked the kickstarter updates it seems they had switched to bi-montly updates (instead of monthly). The last few updates list two months instead of one.

And yeah, I wonder how much time is being spent on the Neo Geo version, if I recall correctly that one was behind Mega Drive one in terms of schedule (just guessing from the updates, I have no clue what Bitmap Bureau is actually doing).

This is what the last update said on the Neo Geo version:

Obviously we’ve been focusing on finalising the Mega Drive version in recent weeks but this has the immediate benefit of bringing the Neo Geo version closer to completion. We’re already able to compile and play the Mega Drive codebase on a Neo Geo nicely.

This month we spent a bit of time finalising the V ROM (Audio) for the Neo Geo, packing in some extra SFX/Voices and getting the in-game music working. We then tested it on AES/MVS and NGCD and (aside from a stack of CD-R coasters chasing a bug on NGCD) we’re pleased to report it’s working nicely.

We’re expecting delivery of our Neo Geo MVS cabinet next week, so we hope to capture footage of the game playing on it for our next update! Once the MD version reaches final, we’ll begin the process of looking at the extra enhancements and content we can add to the Neo Geo version and we’re pleased to say HPMAN has kindly supplied us some developer kit updates with scaling support!

Other non-software development aspects are still ticking along nicely; back in June we received photos of the test molds for the MVS plastics (final versions will of course be black). The plastics are currently in production at the factory and we hope to receive those in due course.
    New user who wants access to the forum? PM Melf!

Smith's Minister of War Hero of Algol Kamahl's Avatar

I actually wonder how they're handling the Neo Geo soundtrack. Did they get Savaged Regime to adapt the soundtrack for the Neo, or did they just record the songs to then play back like the late gen Neo Geo games?

I have no idea about the status of Neo Geo trackers. Hardware wise it shouldn't be to bad, it's pretty close, one instrument would have to be switched from FM to PCM and the PSG adapted slightly but that's about it. But is there a good Neo Geo tracker to do that?
    This thread needs more... ENGINEERS

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingWildside Expert MushaAleste's Avatar

Great news! The Xeno Crisis Mega Drive version has gone gold.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects.../posts/2629235

Thread Information