Quantcast

Page 4 of 46 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Xeno Crisis - new overhead run 'n' gun on Kickstarter

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingWildside Expert BitmapBureau's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Arm View Post
    Hi Bitmap Bureau. Nice to know you also respond on this forum to all the retro sega fans. I am sure people are pretty excited for the future xenocrisis. I sent a mail to contact you in the beginning of this week. I would be grateful if you could respond to it. Thanks in advance. Armen.
    Hey Arm, can you let me know your e-mail address? I think I might have just replied to your e-mail but people have so many different aliases these days!

Wildside Expert

Quote Originally Posted by BitmapBureau View Post
    Hey Arm, can you let me know your e-mail address? I think I might have just replied to your e-mail but people have so many different aliases these days!
    Thanks. I still haven't received any response so you might have responded to someone else My email address is armen.mardirossian@wanadoo.fr
    Also I sent a copy of the mail as a private message (in 2 parts) to you so you can check it out on this very website in your notifications. It includes animation and art links. Thank you in advance.
    Among other things, I was the character illustrator and cutscene and opening animation director on pier solar/HD and handled the same task on the next big (undisclosed) game from Watermelon. Also worked on Tanglewood on the megadrive as the main characters animator and Saber rider on DC as animator and cutscene illustrator.
    Last edited by Arm; 12-13-2017 at 09:32 PM.

if you pretend to make controls like Smash TV, i have an idea of controls option for a 6 Button controller:
    X=shot left
    Y=shot up
    A=shot down
    B=shot right
    VISUAL SHOCK!
    SPEED SHOCK!
    SOUND SHOCK!
    NOW IS TIME TO THE 68000 HEART ON FIRE!

Shadow of the Beast II - Enhanced Colors:
    http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/2275/

Sunset Riders - Enhanced Colors:
    http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/2287/

Turrican - Fixed:
    http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/2535/

AKA Mister Xiado Master of Shinobi Raijin Z's Avatar

The ASCIIPad SG-6 has a layout like the SNES (although C and Z are stupidly small). Perhaps add a configuration option for it? Or go full Gungeon, and have an option for (8 directional) mouse aiming?
    - Where it's always 1992 (or so).
    Youtube - Terminated
    BitChute - Fragmented, but functional

Raging in the Streets SEGA.GENESIS1989's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BitmapBureau View Post
    Yes, thanks for pointing this out - we've been looking into it and will probably change the two pickups that use it, just to be safe!

Credit to you for entering the lion's den and communicating with fanbase! There is always a deep seated fear of how fans will react! But taking the time to listen to ourfeedback will make for a better game!

I just noticed that the kickstarter campaign scored another 5,800+ in the past 24 hours! Good job! Ever since someone posted the "Fatal Smarties" demo here a few years ago, I've been silently hoping that you guys would release an official gam! It's so nice to see that a developer will finally go back to the Mega Drive's roots and release a new arcade style game! RPGs are nice but I've always enjoyed action oriented games!

If the next tier/goal is met, will you consider adding another tier that would encompass adding another area to the 5 areas planned to the game?
    "There's nothing to fear, except fear itself"
    http://i1054.photobucket.com/albums/s486/link2link2link/YUZOKOSHIROISAGODNEOSEEDEDITION.gif

Quote Originally Posted by LinkueiBR View Post
    if you pretend to make controls like Smash TV, i have an idea of controls option for a 6 Button controller:
    X=shot left
    Y=shot up
    A=shot down
    B=shot right
    Great, I've made a note of that - will try those out as the first implementation.

Quote Originally Posted by Raijin Z View Post
    The ASCIIPad SG-6 has a layout like the SNES (although C and Z are stupidly small). Perhaps add a configuration option for it? Or go full Gungeon, and have an option for (8 directional) mouse aiming?
    I'm sure we can add an option for the ASCIIPad SG-6 - thanks for reminding me of it!

Quote Originally Posted by SEGA.GENESIS1989 View Post
    Credit to you for entering the lion's den and communicating with fanbase! There is always a deep seated fear of how fans will react! But taking the time to listen to ourfeedback will make for a better game!

I just noticed that the kickstarter campaign scored another 5,800+ in the past 24 hours! Good job! Ever since someone posted the "Fatal Smarties" demo here a few years ago, I've been silently hoping that you guys would release an official gam! It's so nice to see that a developer will finally go back to the Mega Drive's roots and release a new arcade style game! RPGs are nice but I've always enjoyed action oriented games!

If the next tier/goal is met, will you consider adding another tier that would encompass adding another area to the 5 areas planned to the game?
    Thanks, glad to hear that someone out there remembers Fatal Smarties - it was really just an experiment for us so that we could become familiar with developing a game for the Mega Drive, and its paved the way for Xeno Crisis of course.

With Xeno Crisis I imagined the kind of game that I would have loved to have seen on the Mega Drive back in the 90s, and one that would be a perfect fit for the system in terms of style, looks, sound, gameplay and controls, so I'm glad that other people are into it too!

As for stretch goals, we hit our first one yesterday which was the addition of a second female marine so that the game could be played 2-player - here's a sneak preview:

[img]https://image.ibb.co/dqKPn6/2_player.png[/img]

(Hope that works!) We've also added the second stretch goal which is the Dreamcast port, and today it looks like we'll announce a further stretch goal which is translating the game into French, Italian, German, Spanish, Brazilian Portuguese and Japanese. Beyond that though we are indeed thinking of adding another area, but we'll see what happens with the current two stretch goals first. If you happen to have any more ideas for stretch goals then do let us know!

PS. Having a nightmare trying to post images here - can anyone help out?
    Last edited by BitmapBureau; 12-14-2017 at 06:02 AM.

AKA Mister Xiado Master of Shinobi Raijin Z's Avatar

IMG tags seem to work fine for me.
    - Where it's always 1992 (or so).
    Youtube - Terminated
    BitChute - Fragmented, but functional

^^^^^^

Jill Valentine??

Mega Driven Raging in the Streets cleeg's Avatar

This is getting exciting, I'm liking all the control options for this title (I know that they might not all come off of course). That's the good thing about a new game released later in the system's life - options not on the table earlier on.

We should go the whole hog: Let's have the option to stand in the Activator shooting with the Menacer!

Mods: Should we sticky this thread?

Wow, this is a very pleasant surprise.

Since Shock Troopers is an inspiration ( bless that game ), are there any plans regarding the implementation of a melee attack like in that game, creating the good ole' risk vs. reward situation? Or perhaps something like we've seen in Takumi's Cannon Spike?

Quote Originally Posted by EPSYLON EAGLE View Post
    ^^^^^^

Jill Valentine??
    You'd have to ask Henk about that, but yes, I can see the similarities!

Quote Originally Posted by cleeg View Post
    This is getting exciting, I'm liking all the control options for this title (I know that they might not all come off of course). That's the good thing about a new game released later in the system's life - options not on the table earlier on.

We should go the whole hog: Let's have the option to stand in the Activator shooting with the Menacer!

Mods: Should we sticky this thread?
    Ha ha, we might have to add that as some kind of crazy stretch goal!

I know this will sound petty, but if FLAC is going to be offered on the digital OST along with WAV, then at least the FLAC versions need to be high resolution audio format please?! By high resolution I'm talking at least 96khz @ 24bit. I would love to have another reason to own my Sony Walkman Hi-Res audio player?!

Thread Information