Quantcast

Page 41 of 50 FirstFirst ... 31373839404142434445 ... LastLast

Thread: Xeno Crisis - new overhead run 'n' gun on Kickstarter

Quote Originally Posted by nihilblack View Post
    If you look into the Options menu, the game is on the Hard setting by default. Just saying 😅
    Yeah but then the only other option is 'easy' and then I feel like the guy at the bowling alley who has to use the gutter guards. I almost expect to see my character wearing Solid Snake's chicken hat or something.

Road Rasher

Quote Originally Posted by BitmapBureau View Post
    That doesn't sound right...can you email us directly with your order number and we'll look into it?
    Oops, my bad! I was sure i saw the game at 25, but its 15, so 25$ cad. Sorry! Thanks for replying, great game!

The Cat in the Hat Shining Hero NeoVamp's Avatar

Ordered the game just now (pal boxed version) can't wait to get it and proudly display it next to Tanglewood.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingNameless One retronostalgia's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by molasar View Post
    The modern versions do not work through an MD/Gen emulation. That is why there is no need for ROM like in the Tanglewood's case. They are also upgraded with additional features. Simply put, there is no ROM in GOG/Steam editions.
    Roger, thanks for the information. In that case I'll plan on buying the Genesis ROM off BB's website instead of buying the GOG version.

I'm also still interested in whether Switch download codes will become available for purchase on Amazon ... does anyone know?

EDIT: it looks like Switch download codes were purchasable on BB's website at some point, but I don't see the option now. Does anyone know if that option will be returning?

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-Training matasiete's Avatar

Thanks Brian! I think we managed to squeeze a decent amount of content into a 4 MB cart, and I'm glad you're enjoying it.
    Congratulations for a great game and a well deserved success. Really eager to know what's going to be your next projects.

Bought the Genesis ROM from BB's website and immediately got a download link delivered via email. What a great game! I'm running it on RetroArch in Linux using the BlastEm core. The 6-button control scheme works great with my iBuffalo gamepad. It's nice and hard, which is also quite nostalgic. :-p The graphics and sound are fantastic, this is definitely the most polished indy-dev title I've seen for the system. the SGDK has made great things possible! Congratulations on the release, looking forward to many hours of play to come.

Quote Originally Posted by retronostalgia View Post
    it looks like Switch download codes were purchasable on BB's website at some point, but I don't see the option now. Does anyone know if that option will be returning?
    Here's where the Switch code order page *was*, is there a reason it was taken down? https://shop.bitmapbureau.com/produc...intendo-switch

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingWildside Expert BitmapBureau's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by retronostalgia View Post
    Here's where the Switch code order page *was*, is there a reason it was taken down? https://shop.bitmapbureau.com/produc...intendo-switch
    Now that the game can be purchased direct through the Nintendo eShop, we thought we might as well take down our link - it's another layer of admin for us, with emails going missing etc

Toejam is a wiener. Master of Shinobi SEGA-Jorge's Avatar

I ordered the game on the site, but it still comes up as a pre-order. Does that mean it's a second batch of games, that still need to be manufactured? Or will I actually receive a game upon order confirmation? Is there an estimated shipping window?

Also, was the purchase of the game supposed to come with a download of the rom as well? (I received a confirmation for the Genesis game, and a download for the rom.)

Also, congratulations on the release of the game. I'm really excited to play it!
    Last edited by SEGA-Jorge; 10-31-2019 at 12:49 PM.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingWCPO Agent avlon's Avatar

Now that the game can be purchased direct through the Nintendo eShop, we thought we might as well take down our link - it's another layer of admin for us, with emails going missing etc
    Thanks for resolving the pre-order/download issue for me. I'm all set now!

Just downloaded the rom to my everdrive. Loving the control scheme on a 6 button controler. Looks, plays, sounds very slick.
    Over the moon with it, looking forward to the boxed cart arriving. Thanks

Sure, understandable. I ask because I'd like to gift the game to a Switch user and don't have an eShop account. (And anyway as I understand it games can't be gifted in the eShop.) I guess I'll keep thinking about whether there's another way...

Toejam is a wiener. Master of Shinobi SEGA-Jorge's Avatar

I hope there is a hidden option for super absurd difficulty settings. Nothing warms my heart like unreasonably hard games.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingNameless One

Quote Originally Posted by SEGA-Jorge View Post
    I hope there is a hidden option for super absurd difficulty settings. Nothing warms my heart like unreasonably hard games.
    Isn't the Infinite Mode more than enough?

Tip of the day: if you're playing Xeno Crisis in an emulator with a keyboard, remap the keys or you'll regularly mix up which shooting direction is which.

I tried playing it last night and I kept mixing up the directions because the keys ended up tilted 45 from what they should be. I didn't last long :​P

Thread Information