Quantcast

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Terminator 2: The Arcade Game

Move Between worlds Raging in the Streets TheEdge's Avatar

This was a good port. The only reason to play it over the MAME emulator version is because it is fair on the Genesis and not a quarter stealer like on MAME.
    "A Radical is One Who Speaks the Truth"

http://the-coolinator-lounge.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by beef jerky man View Post
    There's not many people willing to go against the grain, which explains why we're in such a dilapidated state. I personally commend The Edge for being so resilient.

Oh yeah I remember this game since I had it. It was interesting whenever I had some friend over we would play it and always beat it. I was the only one who could beat the game because in the stage when you are trying to protect the truck I had it memorized from which side the drones are coming which was crucial and I could never beat this game alone.
    But I also remember one day some friend in school (who didn't own any gaming console) told me about the cheat in this game when you enter some moves in intro section and you get to skip levels but I don't get how did he found out about it? I mean how did these things like cheats got revealed to people in pre-internet era? Was it in gaming magazines? Or conventions?

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Sagan View Post
    Oh yeah I remember this game since I had it. It was interesting whenever I had some friend over we would play it and always beat it. I was the only one who could beat the game because in the stage when you are trying to protect the truck I had it memorized from which side the drones are coming which was crucial and I could never beat this game alone.
    But I also remember one day some friend in school (who didn't own any gaming console) told me about the cheat in this game when you enter some moves in intro section and you get to skip levels but I don't get how did he found out about it? I mean how did these things like cheats got revealed to people in pre-internet era? Was it in gaming magazines? Or conventions?
    Most of us kids in the pre-internet era got cheats for games from magazines of the day then passed them around at school.

Did anyone play this game with "menacer"?

WTF is that? It always reminded me of some sort of Star Trek ship. How good was playing game with that?

I remember I once borrowed "Lethal Enforcers" game from videostore that came with that blue gun and T2 wouldn't play with it Too bad it was so localized.

This was a game I was particularly excited for since I loved the arcade game, and it didn't disappoint. I do remember the truck level being the toughest (which oddly comes near the begining of the game), but I was able to eventually beat it. At the time, it definitely felt nice to be able to play this game at home.

Sports Talker

so the justifier doesn't work with this game? what about the light phaser? or those chinese ones that look like a PPK?

Toejam is a wiener. WCPO Agent SEGA-Jorge's Avatar

More Justifier support would have been great, as it is though, I loved lethal enforcers 1&2. Too bad though, T2 with the Justifier would have been great.

Never had a Menacer or a Justifier, but man, even with my trusty pad this thing was a FUCKING BLAST and still is! I remember passing the truck level when I was a little child (last time I tried, I wasn't able to). Good graphics, nice music (Matt Furniss, baby!) non-stop action and a hard but relatively forgiving difficulty level for a game that still makes my adrenaline boil, just like the last iterations of Doom and Uncharted, games made to feel almost like a VR experience, do, maybe even more!

And like somebody sayes here, I think this game is superior to the arcade version. I tried it with MAME and, well, let's say I find it dissapointing. Too Midway for my tastes.

Edit: How in the world could have I mistaken "level" for "scene"? Maybe I was thinking about "act" and...
    Last edited by bigladiesman; 04-21-2017 at 01:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bigladiesman View Post
    Never had a Menacer or a Justifier, but man, even with my trusty pad this thing was a FUCKING BLAST and still is! I remember passing the truck scene when I was a little child (last time I tried, I wasn't able to). Good graphics, nice music (Matt Furniss, baby!) non-stop action and a hard but relatively forgiving difficulty level for a game that still makes my adrenaline boil, just like the last iterations of Doom and Uncharted, games made to feel almost like a VR experience, do, maybe even more!

And like somebody sayes here, I think this game is superior to the arcade version. I tried it with MAME and, well, let's say I find it dissapointing. Too Midway for my tastes.
    Interesting take on the game.

And yes, Matt Furniss, baby. I will always remember this guy's name for the excellent MK1 music he created on Genesis.

Thread Information