Quantcast

Thread: Retrobit NES clone and SCART cable?

NES Retrobit NES clone and SCART cable?

As simple as that: I've just bought the so-called RES, and I want to check if anyone of you knows if it's compatible with a NES-specific SCART cable. I know it's compatible with Everdrive N8 (in fact it's recommended for this clone, as N8 actually improves its capacities), but no one says anything about SCART connections, and it would be nice to know, especially because of the known sound issues of this console (I'm having a bit of a déjà vu here).

Thanks in advance.

The Best Genesis Master of Shinobi GohanX's Avatar

There is no NES scart cable as the system was composite only. Any NES with a scart output has been modified. The RES has standard composite and HDMI outputs only.
    Quote Originally Posted by CMA Death Adder
    Recently I sold the majority of my 32X games for a measly 18 bucks. With it, I bought some tacos. Definitely a more pleasing choice.

Raging in the Streets Thierry Henry's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GohanX View Post
    There is no NES scart cable as the system was composite only.
    True, except for those released in France. Nowhere near true RGB SCART though, but still a SCART output.

Quote Originally Posted by soviet View Post
    We believe! SEGA Empire will live again, like the Jews re-establish their Israeli, GOD will never forget his people, SEGA will never forget his fans.

The Best Genesis Master of Shinobi GohanX's Avatar

Yeah, that's true, but that was really just a hack for the French territories at the time since most TVs only had SCART there.
    Quote Originally Posted by CMA Death Adder
    Recently I sold the majority of my 32X games for a measly 18 bucks. With it, I bought some tacos. Definitely a more pleasing choice.

Thanks, guys! Fortunately, this console works great as it is. The sound is a little bit grainy, but no complaints: the NES sound chip rocks quite a bit.
    I'm having quite a lot of fun using the Everdrive N8 and the Everdrive X5 (bless its pause button: it feels like having a real SMS!) to compare the few common games on NES's and SMS's catalogs.

Thread Information