Quantcast

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 76

Thread: ECM from Gamefan Magazine has passed away.

  1. #46
    Underground Sega Nut BonusKun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    San Antonio, Texas
    Age
    48
    Posts
    1,591
    Rep Power
    58

    kirby

    Quote Originally Posted by DrunkenHigh View Post
    Lip service? Excuse me? Do you talk like that to people face to face? Time off? I just won't visit the site anymore if you're continued to have this "super moderator" status. No biggie.
    I do when someone is being a hardass when asked to stop talking about politics in thread about someone's who has passed away. If you want to leave I won't stop you but acting like I'm lording over you because I asked you to stop and move on yet you had to reply days later to what someone said to you because you couldn't resist defending yourself isn't my problem.

    Again. I talked about Trump's name being mentioned in the linked bio, NOT POLITICS. If you support a racist, you are a racist. Very simple.
    It's this simple line of thinking which has have the nation divided. Lumping people into one category because who they voted for is a very narrow and short-sighted way to look at people. I know people who voted for trump and people who voted for Hillary and I don't judge them by their politics. I judge them as who they are & act as a person.

    You should too, You might find yourself that not everyone who voted for Trump is a "racist".


    P.S. I see a few members acting like children and one of them somehow has moderator status. And he participates in the constant name calling, insult flinging, and bickering you find all over the place. I guess some people are...
    You keep calling me a child yet nobody here is defending you because you just can't seem to drop the attitude and talk about who ECM was as a person instead of "You voted for Trump you fucking racist." If anyone's acting like a kid it's you but notice how this Evil moderator hasn't even banned you for mouthing off when asked to drop the subject and move on. Oh my god I'm so evil and power hungry! Stop me now guys!

    I've already reported you to the administrator. This is the kind of awful behavior that keeps forums from growing. And old members fleeing. This place will turn into Digital Press pretty soon.
    That's quite alright since I seemed to have hurt your feelings. If anything our member base has started to grow recently because of moderators like me who arn't going to put up with people who don't want to listen when asked to drop the subject and move on.

    I'm sorry your feelings are getting hurt but you've only been here just over a month so you have no idea how these forums work and trying to throw some weight like you've been here awhile isn't going to win you any brownie points. Maybe you could lurk more so you can get a feeling of how things work here at Sega 16 but trying to push back and calling members children isn't the way to endear yourself here.

    @Thief, I asked not once but twice in this thread to drop the stupid politics shit. I was ignored so now I can take the kids gloves off. I've had senior members here do the same thing & they know when it's time to stop and you also know this as well. I usually only ask once for people to chill out, I'm actually being cordial here which is more then some people deserve.
    05/05/15

  2. #47
    Banned by Administrators
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    spaghetti
    Age
    39
    Posts
    5,994
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Dude, I'm defending him. Everyone else with balls should be too.

  3. #48
    Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingNameless One DrunkenHigh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Keystone
    Posts
    83
    Rep Power
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Barone View Post
    If we are to grow to attract more self-entitled PC minions like you, then we better be just a few.

    It's amazing how you arrived just the other day and you've already complained several times about the community and now you're also willing to demote our fine moderator.
    Get serious!
    You've already drove everybody away. Including a former mod who told you all to screw yourself.

    This place needs cleaned up. There is no community here. Just the same few people talking crap to each other. Would you talk like that to another human being in real life? No, because you'd be choking on your own teeth. Show some respect.

    All you do is insult and try and belittle people like you're better than them. Guess what? You're not. Every topic gets derailed and turns into nonsense. Usually starting with a post from yourself.

    Oh, and keep your childish messages to yourself. I don't know you.

  4. #49

    Default

    Shut up, Thief. Drunk is getting very hostile. Some of it is on him, and some of it is on idiots like Barone. Both sides are making things worse. BonusKun is doing his job. Politics gets extremely annoying.

  5. #50
    Banned by Administrators
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    spaghetti
    Age
    39
    Posts
    5,994
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Drunk seems like a real person being real to me. He's not even close to how some people behave here.

  6. #51
    Underground Sega Nut BonusKun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    San Antonio, Texas
    Age
    48
    Posts
    1,591
    Rep Power
    58

    Switch

    *scratches head*

    I really do understand how some people can be so passionate about things so I always take that into account. However when I ask for something to be done I do it because I can usually see the end result which in the end is where we're at now in this thread.

    @Drunken, I'm an old man so I come from a time before the internet gave everyone a platform so you might not know me and I don't know you in real life but you have to understand this forum isn't a democracy. You can say whatever you want of course but you also have to realize that if you say something controversial then you should be prepared for people here to comment on that.

    If you can remember that you're just talking to some guys on the forum who are from different walks of life, you might understand why they are the way they are here. They've been here for years & you've only been here just since last month. If I came to your forums or place where you've been for a long time and started spouting off bullshit and not listening to the moderators there then well yeah, I'd expect my ass to get dealt with.

    Barone while he isn't the most polite of members here earned his stripes & is honestly one of the most technical people I know here. He just has a very, very, short fuse when it comes to people that get on his nerves. Hell I'm sure I've gotten on his nerves also but we both know each other well enough that it doesn't fucking matter.

    I'm grown enough that I can take being insulted and not give a shit about it. What am I gonna do cry about how someone was mean to me on the internet?

    If you feel that you can't keep your temper, Just get up, take a walk and clear your head and come back. You're welcome to be a part of the forums but when a moderator asks you to drop the subject and move on, Please do it.

    Also only one person here got banned from me and that was thief because he made the mistake of thinking he was above the boards.

    No Thief I don't hate you but you need to reel the shit in sometimes when more active posters are starting to get annoyed with some of the silly threads you've started. lol


    Now if you really want to keep fighting I can just lock the thread and then you can go off and feel you've "won" whatever this thread turned into or you can talk about ECM and Gamefan magazine for what it was being one of the best printed gaming mags back in the day before the internet happened.


    Edit: About that former moderator who left. He actually came back and is posting again but I guess you didn't know that.
    05/05/15

  7. #52
    Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingNameless One DrunkenHigh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Keystone
    Posts
    83
    Rep Power
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DrunkenHigh View Post
    Yeah, is there another article about it? Stopped reading after the first paragraph mentioning the "Trumptrain and his merits". That's just not necessary.
    Some people should read instead of shooting insults, threats, and worthless memes.

    I see no mention of politics or derailment.

    That started with this Barone guy.

  8. #53

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DrunkenHigh View Post
    Some people should read instead of shooting insults, threats, and worthless memes.

    I see no mention of politics or derailment.

    That started with this Barone guy.
    It doesn't matter. Both of you escalated it. Just drop it. BonusKun is giving you a chance and advice to calm down, but seems like you don't care at all.

  9. #54
    Underground Sega Nut BonusKun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    San Antonio, Texas
    Age
    48
    Posts
    1,591
    Rep Power
    58

    Wii U

    Quote Originally Posted by DrunkenHigh View Post
    Some people should read instead of shooting insults, threats, and worthless memes.

    I see no mention of politics or derailment.

    That started with this Barone guy.
    01-21-2018 is when trekkies replied to your post.

    It's been a week since then & you replied to that post today. You bumped a thread ignoring me asking very nicely to stop talking about politics. Nobody cared about this thread too much anymore until you decided to bump it.
    05/05/15

  10. #55
    Banned by Administrators
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    spaghetti
    Age
    39
    Posts
    5,994
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    But sull, if issues don't get resolved in a polite debate, they're doomed to repeat.

    And if Bonus doesn't it want discussed here, we could move it to one of my threads.

  11. #56
    Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingNameless One DrunkenHigh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Keystone
    Posts
    83
    Rep Power
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BonusKun View Post
    01-21-2018 is when trekkies replied to your post.

    It's been a week since then & you replied to that post today. You bumped a thread ignoring me asking very nicely to stop talking about politics.
    What politics? Why do you keep saying this word?

    I just seen that guys post looking through my profile and post history. I don't care how long ago it was. I responded when I seen I was being quoted.

  12. #57
    Underground Sega Nut BonusKun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    San Antonio, Texas
    Age
    48
    Posts
    1,591
    Rep Power
    58

    Wii

    Quote Originally Posted by DrunkenHigh View Post
    What politics? Why do you keep saying this word?

    I just seen that guys post looking through my profile and post history. I don't care how long ago it was. I responded when I seen I was being quoted.
    Are you being intentionally obtuse about what I said?

    You don't care how long ago it was?

    I asked everyone nicely mind you to stop talking about politics aka Trump. The thread was over and even Thief understood that when I ask for something, it should be done. You chose to ignore that and still replied to someone seven days later after the fact I asked people to change the subject and dredged this thread into where it is now.
    Last edited by BonusKun; 02-15-2018 at 02:05 PM.
    05/05/15

  13. #58
    Hero of Algol
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    7,703
    Rep Power
    174

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DrunkenHigh View Post
    You've already drove everybody away. Including a former mod who told you all to screw yourself.
    This place needs cleaned up. There is no community here. Just the same few people talking crap to each other. Would you talk like that to another human being in real life? No, because you'd be choking on your own teeth. Show some respect.
    All you do is insult and try and belittle people like you're better than them. Guess what? You're not. Every topic gets derailed and turns into nonsense. Usually starting with a post from yourself.
    Oh, and keep your childish messages to yourself. I don't know you.
    Quote Originally Posted by DrunkenHigh View Post
    Some people should read instead of shooting insults, threats, and worthless memes.
    I see no mention of politics or derailment.
    That started with this Barone guy.
    Not true at all.

    Just read the thread and see. I even ignored your salty reply to my first post in this thread.
    Some of you guys gave the thread a political spin for no good reason other than your very own political views.

    I just mocked your overreaction to the "Trump" word.
    Get over it. It's part of the guy's biography, yes, you like it or not.

    Now, you really don't have any idea of what you're talking about regarding the community, the forum activity and the former members.
    I'm here since 2010 and you're here since the last month, but you think you've all figured out and wants to change the moderation of the forum already. Good for you, I guess.

    We've a good community here, unlike you've said.
    Several years of community effort built the amazing information we have here regarding Genesis/Mega Drive games and hardware; if you're really into it.
    The main site has literally thousands of interesting articles and interviews to be read.

  14. #59
    Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingNameless One DrunkenHigh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Keystone
    Posts
    83
    Rep Power
    2

    Default

    It doesn't matter. I'll just stick with Reddit and my other forums. Some of the people on this forum need a swift punch to the throat as a wake up call.

    You drove another member away. Cool. Have fun being mean and bickering with each other. And sending strangers childish messages like Barone. Just because people are "technical", it doesn't give them a free pass to speak out of turn and treat people like feces.

    Peace and one love.

  15. #60
    Banned by Administrators
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    spaghetti
    Age
    39
    Posts
    5,994
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Hey, Drunken. Try to check back in a bit down the line. Place needs more real people.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •