Quantcast

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: NEW REPLACEMENT LONG BOX JEWEL CASES FOR THE SEGA CD, SEGA SATURN, PS1

Quote Originally Posted by QuickSciFi View Post
    Can you share some images of these foam replacements?
    Yeah, you just buy one of these from the weather stripping isle, score length and height to match and cut em with a utility knife. It's the same type of rubber foam.

Quote Originally Posted by WarmSignal View Post
    Wow, had no idea such a thing existed until just now. I'll probably get some myself. As for the complaints about them staying shut, I wouldn't write them off because of that. It would probably only require a slight modification. Since the nubs lack 1mm of reach, surely there'd be a way to bulk them up. There's a number of things you could try, including like maybe just a drop of putty or something and let it dry on the tips? Surely you'd get them to bite someway.

Shouldn't just assume that because something isn't perfect, it can't work. I'm in the box making biz myself, you just gotta make the best of what you have to work with. It's like people are still complaining about manual sag, and not realizing that window weather stripping at Lowes makes 1 to 1 perfect foam replacements that will protect your manuals.
    What's "manual sag"?

Framemeister Expert Hedgehog-in-TrainingOutrunner Tower of Power's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Orchid87 View Post
    What's "manual sag"?
    Sag that's induced manually.

Raging in the Streets xelement5x's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WarmSignal View Post
    Yeah, you just buy one of these from the weather stripping isle, score length and height to match and cut em with a utility knife. It's the same type of rubber foam.

I find that an electric knife works pretty well (think turkey carving) as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by StarMist View Post
    A spine card is the hymen of a new game assuring its first owner that he is truly her one and only, and of a used game assuring its new owner that whilst she has been played with in the past that play has never been too careless or thorough.

I bought some as my CIB copies of Mega Race and Brutal got crushed in the corner by some jenky post person in Arkansas. I was really pleased but I would love if I could order just the hinge cover has most of my games have a hinge or two snapped.

Thread Information