Quantcast

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A Loser is You...

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingNameless One DrunkenHigh's Avatar

Default A Loser is You...

Games quit on or lost patience with for reasons.

Nigel Mansell, ESPN MNF Football, various sports and racing games in the forum challenge- Genesis
    I tried but just don't have the patience these days. I like the genres but these games are garbage and take some dedication. Something I don't have, unless it's about that paper.

Vexx- PS2 Was having fun with it and was a neat and original platformer with some smooth ideas. Graphics were dope with bigass worlds and speedy framerates. I just hit a roadblock at a recycled boss fight(not really a boss fight) against an alien sumo that's dumb hard. Pissed me off so bad I almost broke my sticks. Moved on in life.

Suffering- PS2
    Probably my fault but my last game save is WAYYY before my last progression. Flarn that, not going through all that again. I'm done with that game forever.
    Last edited by DrunkenHigh; 01-27-2018 at 04:20 PM.

220px-Witcher_3_cover_art.jpg
    The Witcher III (PS4) - I was enjoying this well enough, but I just wasn't finding myself wanting to play it anymore. The world was well-built and interesting, it just didn't wow me like I was expecting, and I'm a little too busy this time of year to devote a lot of time to another enormous game. Perhaps I'll return to it sometime in the future.

AKA Mister Xiado Master of Shinobi Raijin Z's Avatar

Existence - Congenital heart defect, almost blind in one eye, joint damage inhibiting movement, no prospects for improvement, horrible job just one step above drowning puppies.

Oh, video games?

- Where it's always 1992 (or so).
    Youtube - Terminated
    BitChute - Fragmented, but functional

Comrade as in friend. Master of Shinobi ComradeOj's Avatar

For me, the biggest one was The Elder Scrolls: Daggerfall on DOS. My first TES game was Oblivion, which I adore. I've also played Skyrim, and had a ton of fun with Morrowind.
    Daggerfall is offered for free from Bethesda, so I gave it a shot. I tried a few times, but just had a hard time getting into it. I was able to get past most of the clunkyness expected of a game that old, but it just didn't hold my attention well.

The world is just too large, and not worth exploring. You just fast-travel between cities rather than exploring the world as you would in other TES games. The huge randomly generated map just isn't as interesting as the smaller (but still substantial) hand built worlds of the later games. I had a sort of love/hate felling with the quest system. I liked the lack of hand-holding, and that you sometimes had to hand write notes down. Trying to keep track of quests was a huge pain though.

@Chimaera
    Last year I was playing a lot of witcher 3 on PC. I just sort of stopped playing it though for whatever reason. I thought everything about the game was amazing, but just got side-tracked after a while and stopped playing. I'll probably continue on eventually though.
    Modded consoles:
    Master System (v7040) with s-video & direct AV out
    Model 1 with 10mhz overclock & halt switches
    Model 1 with 10mhz 68010
    Model 2 VA2.3 with unfiltered Mega Amp, & s-video
    Model 3 VA1 with compatibility fixes & s-video
    32X with s-video
    Visit my web site at www.mode5.net
    Or my collection of homebrew Genesis games, programs, and music on SEGA-16!

Level 1 Blast Processor Road Rasher

Alone in the Dark - Xbox 360

Simply the worst controls of any game - old or new - I've ever played. You have to see it to believe it. Utterly infuriating for infuriating's sake, I think they were trying to go for the Silent Hill chase anxiety approach by making the player slightly sluggish, but that trick only worked once when SH was new and fresh and everyone was genuinely terrified of it.

I try my best to give every game a good go, but I lasted around 30 mins with this.

Rage Racer (PS1): Until fairly recently it was the only game in the Ridge Racer series that I hadn't finished, but there's now a few more games that I haven't even played yet. Rage Racer was a very enjoyable experience until I got to the final round, then got my ass kicked all the time.

Castlevania LOS2 (PS3): Another great game that I just lost interest in, this time I made it halfway through. Maybe I'll get back to it eventually as it is definitely a good game.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Moham View Post
    Rage Racer (PS1): Until fairly recently it was the only game in the Ridge Racer series that I hadn't finished, but there's now a few more games that I haven't even played yet. Rage Racer was a very enjoyable experience until I got to the final round, then got my ass kicked all the time.
    That game was pretty dope at the time. The logo creater was sweet. I remember driving around with the Wu Tang "W" symbol on my car. Was heavy into the Wu back in the early/mid 90s

Master of Shinobi Crystalpepsifan's Avatar

Outlast 2. My eyesight keeps progressively getting shittier, I had to stop playing because I could barely even see the game.

Raging in the Streets xelement5x's Avatar

Magna Carta: Tears of Blood (PS2) : This game had solid production values, good character models and designs but man was it a slog. It's like they took the Shadow Hearts' Ring System and just made it more punishing and unfun. Also, the grid to make the crests/magic/items in the game was like the recipes in Zelda BotW, even if you made something once you needed to remember the formula to make them again. I don't even think you could make multiples at a time. Ugh, I regret purchasing it new very much.
    Quote Originally Posted by StarMist View Post
    A spine card is the hymen of a new game assuring its first owner that he is truly her one and only, and of a used game assuring its new owner that whilst she has been played with in the past that play has never been too careless or thorough.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingRoad Rasher

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkenHigh View Post
    Suffering- PS2
    Probably my fault but my last game save is WAYYY before my last progression. Flarn that, not going through all that again. I'm done with that game forever.
    I've been interested in playing that game for a while now solely because the creative director was a good friend of the co-founders of Bungie. What were your thoughts on it was it otherwise?

Most recently for me:

Atomic Runner - Genesis

I don't know what it is about this game, but I really suck at it. I was playing it somewhat regularly, and the rate at which my skills increased was incredibly slow. I think I would do much better if the jump button were pressure sensitive. I'm going to go back to it though. I always go back. Sometimes, all you need is a break, right?

Stuck in the Past Shining Hero The Jackal's Avatar

Darksiders: Warmastered Edition.

Played the game to completion on the 360, but stopped playing the remaster when i got to near the end - the "Portal"-esque puzzles were just too tedious tbh. Might jump back in and complete it, but not really feeling it right now.

Click image above for my Youtube channel.

Quote Originally Posted by BubsyFan1 View Post
    I've been interested in playing that game for a while now solely because the creative director was a good friend of the co-founders of Bungie. What were your thoughts on it was it otherwise?

Most recently for me:

Atomic Runner - Genesis

I don't know what it is about this game, but I really suck at it. I was playing it somewhat regularly, and the rate at which my skills increased was incredibly slow. I think I would do much better if the jump button were pressure sensitive. I'm going to go back to it though. I always go back. Sometimes, all you need is a break, right?
    The Suffering definitely has a creepy atmosphere to it. The creature design is sick. There's just too many of the same few creatures. And the environments are too alike, there's only so much you can do with a prison. The controls are tight. It can be played as a TPS or FPS with the press of a button. Seems you can change outcomes with good or bad decisions. I have the sequel too, so I might check that out someday.

The way I control Atomic Runner is fire right with C, fire left with A, and jump with B. That probably won't help though, I can't beat it either.

AKA Mister Xiado Master of Shinobi Raijin Z's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkenHigh View Post
    That game was pretty dope at the time. The logo creater was sweet. I remember driving around with the Wu Tang "W" symbol on my car. Was heavy into the Wu back in the early/mid 90s
    I used to put lewd doodles on my hood. When I only had access to the demo, I got so good at it, that I came in first place. The demo didn't account for anyone being able to do that, and crashed after displaying the win message.
    - Where it's always 1992 (or so).
    Youtube - Terminated
    BitChute - Fragmented, but functional

Breath of Fire II (Super NES) - don't even get me started on this one.

Doom, Duke 3D et al (PC) - cant' really play these games today. The way you move, like you're bobbing and weaving at 200 km/h on crack gives me an headache. Not a big fan of their game design as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Crystalpepsifan View Post
    Outlast 2. My eyesight keeps progressively getting shittier, I had to stop playing because I could barely even see the game.
    Do you have cataract ? You're kinda young to have developed that.
    Last edited by Bottino; 01-27-2018 at 03:04 PM.

Banned by Administrators

Quote Originally Posted by Bottino View Post
    Breath of Fire II (Super NES) - don't even get me started on this one.
    Let me guess, game becomes a grindfest if you miss too many Shaman guardians.

Thread Information