Quantcast

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Leyria - a new RPG for crowdfunding

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingOutrunner avlon's Avatar

The clashing art styles make it look like a bootleg. I'd throw money at a built-from-the-ground up spiritual successor to the original Actraiser.

Prince of Shatt Master of Shinobi CMA Death Adder's Avatar

Yuck

How much money do we need to contribute for this to not get made?
    Cruise by Diskman Presents: filled with geektastic classic gaming goodness!

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-Training bootsector's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CMA Death Adder View Post
    Oh c'mon! Why the negativism? Take it from the good side: after it's launched, you could translate it to english, fix some bugs and release it as a "brand new" game!

Yeah, don't be too harsh. Pier Solar looked like that in 2005. Rome wasn't built in one day. He just made the mistake of presenting it too soon.
    New user who wants access to the forum? PM Melf!

I contact the game creator, the game is not only portuguese, english option on the way.

http://forum.outerspace.com.br/index...atarse.507581/

Raging in the Streets xelement5x's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Flygon View Post
    Perhaps more polish may've been needed before seeking funding.
    Yeah, Portuguese and English is fine, but Polish would be a plus too
    Quote Originally Posted by StarMist View Post
    A spine card is the hymen of a new game assuring its first owner that he is truly her one and only, and of a used game assuring its new owner that whilst she has been played with in the past that play has never been too careless or thorough.

As I stated at my first post in this thread I am not very impressed of what I see of this game yet but what I cannot understand at all is all the hate it gets here. I mean we all know that it won't reach its goal and won't be pledged at all. There is a reason for this as the quality seems to speak for itself here. I agree with Zebbie that it was shown way too early to gain positive feedback. Thats okay and thats not the point here. What bothers me is how rude some people react to the video and the demo. Best example is you CMA:

Quote Originally Posted by CMA Death Adder View Post

I don't know why especially you can write something like that. I mean you know how much work lies behind a successful release. How would you have been felt if people behaved in that way back then? I always had a soft spot for Superfighterteams games especially because you were the first ones who released games on cartridge after 1998 but to be honest not all of your games were THAT impressive too and the first run of Beggar Prince is a buggy mess so again I cannot understand why you are so rude?

To make it clear noone is forced to buy a certain game. If someone doesn't like a title- thats okay. Just leave it on the shelf in the shop.
    A single guy is working on Lueria who never made a game before. Maybe his start is not the best but with some constructive critisism he will be able to make a good game someday-even if that will need 10 years to go. Cynism is helping noone.

Mega Driver Hedgehog-in-TrainingWCPO Agent Gryson's Avatar

Some feedback for the creator if he ever reads this: Start small and prove yourself. RPGs can be one of the most difficult types of games to make well. Start with a much smaller project to demonstrate that you're up to the challenge. If you can do that well, I think people will support you.

While I personally don't have a negative reaction to this, I think some people are concerned that there is finite interest out there for new 16-bit games, and the more diluted the market becomes, the harder it will be for worthy projects to get funded. I really don't think there's a risk of that yet, but it could certainly happen in the future.

Road Rasher

I know the guy personally and he is definitely being over ambitious and he has never made a Genesis game before, just a few POCs. We all know how hard it was to make Pier Solar and how long it took. As for the art and the sound effects, they will be replaced in the final version. One thing that I agree with Zebbe is that he has shown it too early... he was trying to show it even earlier, but we told him to wait a bit... Well, still too early.

Quote Originally Posted by Zebbe View Post
    Yeah, don't be too harsh. Pier Solar looked like that in 2005. Rome wasn't built in one day. He just made the mistake of presenting it too soon.
    Yeah, the main issue here is that my man there simply jumped the gun. He should have worked on the basics of his game and polished them a bit more before starting this fundraiser, as it's way too premature to be asking for 80.000 Brazilian zennys at this early stage.

I really wish him the best of luck and who knows, maybe he can recruit more knowledgeable and experienced people to help him with his project.

Also, I'll add +1 MEGAPOWER to Raistlin's comment.

Hero of Algol

Quote Originally Posted by EPSYLON EAGLE View Post
    I contact the game creator, the game is not only portuguese, english option on the way.

http://forum.outerspace.com.br/index...atarse.507581/
    Quote Originally Posted by Raistlin View Post
    As I stated at my first post in this thread I am not very impressed of what I see of this game yet but what I cannot understand at all is all the hate it gets here.
    Because the guy behind the project is full of shit?

To begin with, he's claiming to be having a lot of work "programming in assembly" when the game is clearly just a nasty BasiEgaXorz project.

His answers in the Brazilian forum are shady, to say the least. For an example, he thinks it's okay to use copyrighted material as long as he cites from where he stole the content.
    Furthermore, he claims stuff such as "nobody in the world knows how to convert mp3 to Mega Drive FM".
    Oh, he also says he drew all the characters while they also seem to have been "borrowed" from other games.

All that presented in piss poor Brazilian Portuguese, which is also tough to swallow.

Like I said, I hope it fails hard. Projects like this don't help the scene at all, it's crap being sold as something special, with a good layer of shadiness all over it.

Don't mistake this guy by someone like Vetea, he's not; but he claims to have created more than 35 games already.
    Last edited by Barone; 02-06-2018 at 01:08 AM.

What Barone says sheds some new light on the situation and gives me an altered view on the project. Dishonesty will always catch up to you, which is quite apparent here. What I would furthermore suggest to the guy is this (if he was here that is):

1. Scope smaller or do a smaller game altogether (as Shoerd de Jong says: "Take your best idea and divide it by ten")
    2. Be honest!
    3. Copyrighted content is ONLY good for placeholder assets during your own private tests, NEVER otherwise, especially not when you sell or present your product.
    4. Read The Art of Game Design by Jesse Schell.
    5. Watch this video:
    6. Get ready for the worst - life crisis, bad economy, people who swear on their grandparents' graves they will work like slaves for your project for years to come, then jump ship in two days etc.
    7. Make your project somewhat unique, but not entirely. Artstyle, combat system, story OR something else. Don't try to re-invent the wheel. Doing it with one of your first projects is impossible. So focus on ONE new, fresh idea and then "borrow" and tweak the rest from other games.
    8. Work with people you can trust and don't try to be Leonardo da Vinci, a multi-talented genius who could do anything. You may be great at programming, but your art isn't up to par with it. Then focus on programming and let a better guy do the art.
    9. Find inspirations from EVERYWHERE. Not just games and anime. But your own life, books, history, people you have met etc.
    10. Have fun. If you are not, do something else! Good luck!
    New user who wants access to the forum? PM Melf!

Hero of Algol

Gromble of pirates...? Outrunner Bramsworth's Avatar

Yet another project where someone got so ahead of themselves that they decided "It's alright if I ask money for this now, I'm definitely gonna be delivering, after all!"

I see this too often. Knowing it's BasiEgaXorz and uses stolen stuff left and right, it's obvious they just want to be able to say they made something. And as long as it's something, why not ask for money in the process since that's what you do nowadays. Ugh.
    I'm Pro A'can

CORD NAME: BLACK-FIRE Hedgehog-in-TrainingWildside Expert Goati's Avatar

I see Motokazu Shinoda and say "no way"
    I ctrl+F, google translate and ah, there it is, it's borrowing music from Ragnacenty for the trailer.
    I don't mind the looks too much but the music you can hear during the fight is not going to cut it.
    Since 2014, I livestream a show called Mega Marathon here www.twitch.tv/goati_ and it's about beating every single MD game, all regions, homebrews, unreleased, etc., while being informative.
    With a 68000 heart on fire.

Thread Information