Quantcast

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Leyria - a new RPG for crowdfunding

Training-in-Hedgehog Hedgehog-in-TrainingWildside Expert tokay's Avatar

Several sprites are stolen from RPG Maker 2000. I recognize for instance the zombie head attached to the pig body.
    This is not a good way to start. I would have rather seen poorly drawn placeholders.

I don't know if stolen resources still apply. He made a new demo, allegedly taking out all the copyrighted material. He also claimed that the composer of Crusader of Centy sound tracks owns them now and has allowed him to use them.
    -Meu blog sobre Mega Drive/Genesis.
    - no youtube.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-Training Cristiano Sword's Avatar

Hello everyone.
    I am the creator of the game. I would like to say that I read all the comments in this post.
    I admit that I made many mistakes during the collective financing campaign. In fact, to be honest I did not imagine that the Leyria campaign would get here in this forum because
    it had conceived the pre-alpha demo only in Portuguese.
    I did not really think anyone here would be interested.
    I did not have access to the forum, so I did not answer any questions at the time. My profile was not allowed to comment on posts.
    That's why I'm responding now.

Quote Originally Posted by Flygon View Post
    Interesting, but being an English-speaker, it's difficult to back. Being unable to read the text, the presentation seen in the screenshots and video is quite unappealing. I'm unsure if the artwork is representative of the final game or not.

How representative of the final product is this? Perhaps more polish may've been needed before seeking funding.
    In truth I used only paid assets, I had said at the time that they were only while I was not drawing the final graphics, I recognize that it was a mistake to have done so at the end of the day.

Quote Originally Posted by NeoVamp View Post
    Mediocre looking game, not sure why he wants to use more than 4 Megabytes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flygon View Post
    PCM music.
    No, although I used a PCM music in the ROM that I put in the crowdfunding, this space was to put more graphics and music vgm.

Quote Originally Posted by Zebbe View Post
    Yeah, don't be too harsh. Pier Solar looked like that in 2005. Rome wasn't built in one day. He just made the mistake of presenting it too soon.
    yes, it was a mistake to introduce you to this stage.

Quote Originally Posted by Zebbe View Post
    Shucks, I was just going to announce my RPG after Xenocrisis got funded, and now this comes. I guess I'll wait a few more weeks :P.

I really want to support this, but there are many things which tells me not to. He calls the content part of a "beta" (which by industry standard means feature and complete complete, needing polish and QA), but it looks far, far from it. Taking copyrighted music (and I guess graphics as well, seeing how different everything looks in style) is very unprofessional. I hope he removes that in the final game. I do like the concept and the characters look quite nice, so there is potential. If I were him, I would work on it a few more months, present only original content and include English language, that would bring a lot more backers.
    Thank you for wanting to support, thank you very much ^^
    about being Beta, here in Brazil the game indie developer, usually call almost everything of Beta, and I was on the impulse
    About the songs, I was allowed to use them.
    I was even very moved and thankful when I asked to use them
    Even though the campaign did not work, I consider myself very happy and lucky to have met and talked online with Motokazu Shinoda. I even want to meet him personally when I go to Japan ^^
    One of my main mistakes was not having put the language in English.

Well, that's it.
    I continue to do the project, I ported the BEX project to the SGDK.
    And some m68k assembly codes that I had were mostly replaced by the functions.
    Actually the SGDK is a lot better than BEX, and this is helping me a lot in tasks that in BEX were very annoying like cutting sprites.
    When I have something more visual, I will post here in the forum.
    Some people in Brazil contributed at the time to the campaign of collective financing, for these I did a ROM, where a friend of my professional voice-over, spoke a text that I wrote thanks in Portuguese.
    If someone is interested in seeing the following link:

Again thank you to the people who made constructive criticism.

Nameless One

The website name is not doing this project any favors. Catarse.me
    I read this a Cat Arse Me 🐈

This is the most famous crowdfunding site here in Brazil.
    Worst that joke makes sense xD

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingSports Talker

What are people funding? A tech demo? Really felt like they wasted their chance there. Yep, not sure why they are asking for funding yet.

I took the financing from the air, have a time already.
    I'm working on a new demo.

below some new concept arts of one of the characters:

Model:
    View

Model Color:
    View

I'm always posting on my twitter too:
    https://twitter.com/ChrisArtess/
    Last edited by Cristiano Sword; 06-17-2019 at 05:01 PM.

Looks great! I love that classic anime look. Having a character sheet is the proper way to get a coherent design. Good luck with the project!
    New user who wants access to the forum? PM Melf!

Thread Information