Quantcast

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 81415161718

Thread: The Year 2100

Rebel scum Hero of Algol MrMatthews's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SegataS View Post
    When someone is blatantly wrong on the internet they think they are protected behind the word opinion.
    See, now this is the fatal flaw in any of these threads. Who is honestly to say who is wrong?

There are a lot of people who believe that the white man is deliberately holding down any colored man, be it black, mexican, or native american (but not the asians or the east indians, for some reason... weird how the white man apparently doesn't have it out for either of those groups). Scroll up through this thread right here and you'll see that 50% of its contributors are essentially arguing that point.

Then you have Phantom who is arguing that the Jewish community is ... I don't know... oppressing everyone somehow? I'm going to guess that he isn't just trolling, he probably genuinely believes that (based on other things he's posted).

Between people like myself, people like Irish Ninja and j_factor, and Phantom, you basically are being presented with three different scenarios on the state of the world.

So which of those scenarios is an "opinion" and which is "fact?"

At the end of the day, everyone is wrong: there are no facts, only perceptions.
    Last edited by MrMatthews; Yesterday at 09:09 PM.

Turn around bright eyes Hedgehog-in-TrainingWildside Expert SegataS's Avatar

Well, Phantoms post was just trolling and he has been the whole time last few days.

Life!?...What console is that on?

Quote Originally Posted by PHANTOM2040 View Post
    Jews are the "White Man" to the white man.

I love how it's my fault if people can't get simple concepts. Here is a clue. It's not about what anyone is actually doing. It's about the perceptions.

The Cat in the Hat Hero of Algol NeoVamp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SegataS View Post
    Well, Phantoms post was just trolling and he has been the whole time last few days.
    Yeah that squabble with MrMatthews blew his little mind, which was quite soon after EternalChampion was banned might I add.

If I was more brilliant, I'd have more insults to fill my posts with. That's only acceptable here if your with the buddies club though. Not what is fair or makes sense.

Antiquing Hedgehog Lord QuickSciFi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MrMatthews View Post
    See, now this is the fatal flaw in any of these threads. Who is honestly to say who is wrong?

There are a lot of people who believe that the white man is deliberately holding down any colored man, be it black, mexican, or native american (but not the asians or the east indians, for some reason... weird how the white man apparently doesn't have it out for either of those groups). Scroll up through this thread right here and you'll see that 50% of its contributors are essentially arguing that point.

Then you have Phantom who is arguing that the Jewish community is ... I don't know... oppressing everyone somehow? I'm going to guess that he isn't just trolling, he probably genuinely believes that (based on other things he's posted).

Between people like myself, people like Irish Ninja and j_factor, and Phantom, you basically are being presented with three different scenarios on the state of the world.

So which of those scenarios is an "opinion" and which is "fact?"

At the end of the day, everyone is wrong: there are no facts, only perceptions.
    I love you MrMattews, but "Mexican" is not a race, nor does it dictate the color of your skin. My wife happens to be Mexican and you cannot find a whiter person than her in the States. Being Mexican is a nationality.

Rebel scum Hero of Algol MrMatthews's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by QuickSciFi View Post
    I love you MrMattews, but "Mexican" is not a race, nor does it dictate the color of your skin. My wife happens to be Mexican and you cannot find a whiter person than her in the States. Being Mexican is a nationality.
    Yes, yes, semantics and all that.

But there’s a very specific group of “Latinos” that take a lot of shit here in America (particularly in California, maybe?) and they come from Mexico. “Mexican” might just be the new-aged, dumbed-down terminology, but my little speech has the same intent regardless. Hispanic probably works better, but no one I know says that.

Side note: my wife is also Mexican (and even had some relatives deported recently!), and I feel like she might be the one person in the States that might be whiter than yours.

Quote Originally Posted by PHANTOM2040 View Post
    If I was more brilliant, I'd have more insults to fill my posts with. That's only acceptable here if your with the buddies club though. Not what is fair or makes sense.
    To be fair the guys here are a good bunch. You can have a laugh with them and chat with them easily. I was very ill recently and one very kind member was concerned and asked me how I was doing now which meant a lot to me. It's the little things. Maybe some of the long standing members here have a low tolerance for what is perceived to be trolling and general bullshit but I'm guessing that is down to how many idiots have been shit posting here over the years. I suppose after ten or more years it starts to wear incredibly thin. I'm planning on being around a lot more than I have been over the last few years and if I talk shit from time to time or inadvertently offend others (which I did in this thread) I don't mind being slapped down for it. This is a great forum and I feel at home here.

Thread Information