Quantcast

Page 38 of 38 FirstFirst ... 283435363738

Thread: DVD Dreamcast / Sega Master System wasn't that big of a seller.

The Future is yesterday. Hedgehog-in-TrainingMaster of Shinobi SegataS's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sull56ivan2010 View Post
    I know it's Segata and all,
    Qué?

Life!? ... What console is that on?

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingWildside Expert Yohko16's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sull56ivan2010 View Post
    I know it's Segata and all, but I'm pretty sure 95 percent of the Sega CD and Turbo CD libraries weren't FMV games. Game Boy did not sell 118 million. It's including both the original and the Color. Take out 50 million from it and there you go with original Game Boy
    This ^^

which probably half of its sales came during the Pokemon craze. (I'm just guessing)
    And more likely this too...

Cancelling the SNES add-on exposed Nintendo a lot more than it helped.
    And while I'm not sure here but having a CD add-on wasn't a bad thing anyway but glad that Nintendo didn't work with Sony so the latter, as a rival just as greedy, could kick Nintendo's ass later on and did it rightfully so!

Raging in the Streets Team Andromeda's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SegataS View Post
    No one cares about double posting on this forum. If they did TA would have been warned or banned for it long ago. No, you said color handhelds and color handhelds in the 90s were niche. The proof is in the sales. None of them sold very well. CD add on systems also niche. Like VR of today is niche. PSvr sold 3 million system in 2 years which is the best selling VR set but that's not saying much in a market that is small to begin with.
    No TA just gets reproted by you and warned for going off topic, But somehow its quite ok for you to go off topic. What has Handhelds like the Gameboy, much less a Wondermega or PS4 VR got to with a DVD Dreamcast or Master system thread ?
    Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
    one of the best 3D shooting games available
    Presented for your pleasure

Quote Originally Posted by Team Andromeda View Post
    No TA just gets reproted by you and warned for going off topic, But somehow its quite ok for you to go off topic. What has Handhelds like the Gameboy, much less a Wondermega or PS4 VR got to with a DVD Dreamcast or Master system thread ?
    All you do is go off topic and shitpost and troll the same tripe we have all heard a thousand times before from you. Not to mention you don't just DP but this is not an uncommon site. I see that a lot making the ignore feature almost pointless with you. Lastly, hard to take a lot of your stuff serious when you as a native English speaker can't spell half your words correctly when every browser has spellcheck. You don't have to be perfect but at least legible enough you don't seem like a drunk person.

Last edited by SegataS; 09-13-2018 at 04:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yohko16 View Post
    This ^^

And more likely this too...

And while I'm not sure here but having a CD add-on wasn't a bad thing anyway but glad that Nintendo didn't work with Sony so the latter, as a rival just as greedy, could kick Nintendo's ass later on and did it rightfully so!
    Letting Sony go didn't hurt Nintendo,Remember SEGA let Sony go as well. Having N64 be cartridge based did. Final Fantasy VII for example was to be an N64 game at first. Cartridge killed that. Sony was put in a prime position less by what they did right and by what SEGA and Nintendo did wrong. Not that Sony didn't do some good things but had Saturn been easy to program for and N64 used CD-Rom. Sony at worst would have been CDi and possibly at best Xbox.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingWildside Expert Yohko16's Avatar

@SegataS: Sony did many things right even though some of said things weren't fair.

They had a great hardware. Efficient, versatile and affordable. The PlayStation was basically the Mega Drive of its time.

They also gathered many important third party developers.

And it was like a breath of fresh air in a market saturated with okayish systems (CD32, Jaguar, 3DO...) and with Sega struggling with their Sega of Japan/Sega of America-Saturn/32X duality.

Their success was well deserved.

Apparently not as much when it comes to the PS2.

btw regarding the discussion about the handhelds, I was reading some sales figures lately and apparently the Game Boy sold "only" 16 million units by 1995. It was still the best-selling handheld of its time but not as much as what it seems to be when using overall Game Boy sales figures like you did since said figures include all Game Boy variants as well as the Game Boy Color which is actually a next gen system. So the Game Gear was more likely quite successful within its generation and like we said a good and legit move from Sega.

The Nomad was good too but should have been released earlier and worldwide.

But it's clear that overall Sega never cared much about handhelds. Their main focus has always been arcade boards and home consoles.

All you do is go off topic and shitpost and troll the same tripe we have all heard a thousand times before from you. Not to mention you don't just DP but this is not an uncommon site. I see that a lot making the ignore feature almost pointless with you. Lastly, hard to take a lot of your stuff serious when you as a native English speaker can't spell half your words correctly when every browser has spellcheck. You don't have to be perfect but at least legible enough you don't seem like a drunk person.
    I don't think you understand how the ignore feature works.

Quote Originally Posted by Blades View Post
    I don't think you understand how the ignore feature works.
    I do but no self-control at times. I like forums that the ignore feature truly makes that person vanish. Like they legit don't exist. This board is using the pretty old software. Laura Branigan said it best. You take my self control. In the night.
    Last edited by SegataS; 09-14-2018 at 04:12 AM.

Raging in the Streets Team Andromeda's Avatar

All you do is go off topic and shitpost
    Try what has SONY VR and Gameboy got to with a DVD Dreamcast or Master System?. I love the irony and rank hypocrisy, of you clearly going off topic and having no issues with it.
    Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
    one of the best 3D shooting games available
    Presented for your pleasure

Raging in the Streets bultje112's Avatar

CD Add-ons didn't do well because it was an expensive add-on that added little to nothing with 95% of the game being shit FMV games. SCD held Genesis back and look SNES outsold it and didn't need a CD ad on. For the SNES canceling the add-on was best for that system. The only handheld that sold well was black and white and had a really long lasting battery and inexpensive. CD consoles did well because it wasn't an add-on. They didn't focus on shit FMV games (unless it's CDi/3D0) and was full 3D. I don't know what lisibility is but get over it. Are you trying to say legibility? If you are, lol at the irony.
    the snes cd add on was terrible. it couldn't even play fmv's due to it's slow processor. the sega cd was amazing though and did a lot more than just add cd storage. I own about 50 sega cd games of which maybe 5 are fmv games and they are good as well like road avenger. but I doubt you even own a sega cd.

Except at the US Senate hearings, Night Trap was being played on Nintendo's CD add-on hardware with better resolution than the SEGA CD. Nintendo tried to pass it off as SEGA's and it worked.

Except at the US Senate hearings, Night Trap was being played on Nintendo's CD add-on hardware with better resolution than the SEGA CD. Nintendo tried to pass it off as SEGA's and it worked.
    Can you even back that claim up?

I do but no self-control at times.
    Then get some.

Quote Originally Posted by Blades View Post
    Then get some.
    Sold out.

Thread Information