Quantcast

Page 29 of 35 FirstFirst ... 19252627282930313233 ... LastLast

Thread: DVD Dreamcast / Sega Master System wasn't that big of a seller.

Raging in the Streets Team Andromeda's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BonusKun View Post
    If that's your intention then please stop doing it.
    Sorry all I did was argue against 94% of gaming Americans not having a clue of other systems like the Powerbase, the Amiga, Turbografx 16, Neo Geo during the 80s and very early 90s. Only for the ones who made out this was the case, to argue against it and show off Multi-format gaming too.

But I stand corrected and was wrong. 94% of gamers in 80s USA didn't have the 1st clue of SEGA or of other gaming systems like the Turbografx16 and it was all Nintendo.
    Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
    one of the best 3D shooting games available
    Presented for your pleasure

End of line.. ESWAT Veteran gamevet's Avatar

You are more annoying than A Black Falcon, and just as clueless.
    Last edited by gamevet; 03-13-2018 at 10:18 AM.
    A Black Falcon: no, computer games and video games are NOT the same thing. Video games are on consoles, computer games are on PC. The two kinds of games are different, and have significantly different design styles, distribution methods, and game genre selections. Computer gaming and console (video) gaming are NOT the same thing."

Social Justice Ninja Master of Shinobi IrishNinja's Avatar

No

Quote Originally Posted by Team Andromeda View Post
    Sorry all I did was

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingWildside Expert OmegaMax's Avatar

Sorry all I did was argue

Japanese Sonic CD FTW!!! Master of Shinobi Ecco's Avatar

I know there's a language barrier but did TA basically say that he was trolling everyone in this thread for 2 weeks? And wasting everyone's attention and time for a false, meaningless conversation?

He should be sent to the tree of woe for such actions.

Last edited by gamevet; 03-14-2018 at 11:25 AM.
    A Black Falcon: no, computer games and video games are NOT the same thing. Video games are on consoles, computer games are on PC. The two kinds of games are different, and have significantly different design styles, distribution methods, and game genre selections. Computer gaming and console (video) gaming are NOT the same thing."

Quote Originally Posted by Ecco View Post
    And wasting everyone's attention and time for a false, meaningless conversation?
    Hardly trolling and now I 've been corrected and understand that 94% Of USA gamers only knew of Nintendo in the 80s and lets put another debat to rest about the DC, with SEGA 'again' saying it was the COST of the DVD that made not use the Medium for the DC, Oh... and its via printed media too, before gamevet starts .

Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

Dude. Don't be dense about the whole print thing.

Death Bringer Raging in the Streets Black_Tiger's Avatar

More words of wisdom from console company's presidents/execs:

"Customers do not want online games."

"[People who play RPGs are] depressed gamers who like to sit alone in their dark rooms and play slow games,"

"I have been saying this for some time, but customers are not interested in grand games with higher-quality graphics and sound and epic stories. Only people who do not know the videogame business would advocate the release of next-generation machines when people are not interested in cutting-edge technologies."*

"Sony have had a graphic workstation business; they understand polygon rendering and have special customers that demand it. But I think when Sony come to market they might discover that they've underestimated how important traditional cell animation is and overrated the importance of polygon rendering."

"You can communicate to a new cybercity. Did you see the movie The Matrix? Same interface. Same concept. Starting from next year, you can jack into The Matrix!"*

"[PS3] is not a game machine. We've never once called it a game machine. I'm not going to reveal [the PS3's] price today. I'm going to only say that it'll be expensive. I'm aware that with all these technologies, the PS3 can't be offered at a price that's targeted towards households."*

"We want for consumers to think to themselves, 'I will work more hours to buy one."

"It's probably too cheap."

"The idea of a handheld rivalry with Nintendo is an irrelevance. Those formats don't appear in our planning. It's not a fair comparison; not fair on them, I should stress. That sounds arrogant, maybe, but it's the truth. With the DS , it's fair to say that Nintendo stepped out of the technical race and went for a feature differentiation with the touch screen. But I fear that it won't have a lasting impact beyond that of a gimmick - so the long-lasting appeal of the platform is at peril as a direct result of that."
    Quote Originally Posted by year2kill06
    everyone knows nintendo is far way cooler than sega just face it nintendo has more better games and originals

I DON'T LIKE POKEMON Hero of Algol j_factor's Avatar

lets put another debat to rest about the DC, with SEGA 'again' saying it was the COST of the DVD that made not use the Medium for the DC,
    Was this ever debated? Of course it was the cost.

You just can't handle my jawusumness responces.

Raging in the Streets Yharnamresident's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Black_Tiger View Post
    More words of wisdom from console company's presidents/execs:

"Customers do not want online games."

"[People who play RPGs are] depressed gamers who like to sit alone in their dark rooms and play slow games,"

"I have been saying this for some time, but customers are not interested in grand games with higher-quality graphics and sound and epic stories. Only people who do not know the videogame business would advocate the release of next-generation machines when people are not interested in cutting-edge technologies."*

"Sony have had a graphic workstation business; they understand polygon rendering and have special customers that demand it. But I think when Sony come to market they might discover that they've underestimated how important traditional cell animation is and overrated the importance of polygon rendering."

"You can communicate to a new cybercity. Did you see the movie The Matrix? Same interface. Same concept. Starting from next year, you can jack into The Matrix!"*

"[PS3] is not a game machine. We've never once called it a game machine. I'm not going to reveal [the PS3's] price today. I'm going to only say that it'll be expensive. I'm aware that with all these technologies, the PS3 can't be offered at a price that's targeted towards households."*

"We want for consumers to think to themselves, 'I will work more hours to buy one."

"It's probably too cheap."

"The idea of a handheld rivalry with Nintendo is an irrelevance. Those formats don't appear in our planning. It's not a fair comparison; not fair on them, I should stress. That sounds arrogant, maybe, but it's the truth. With the DS , it's fair to say that Nintendo stepped out of the technical race and went for a feature differentiation with the touch screen. But I fear that it won't have a lasting impact beyond that of a gimmick - so the long-lasting appeal of the platform is at peril as a direct result of that."
    I appreciate you posting this. He said the development costs for DVD were too high, couldn't they just used CDs until DVD storage capabilities were required?

Its never good when a console has a significant disadvantage over its competitors.
    Certified F-Zero GX fanboy

Quote Originally Posted by Yharnamresident View Post
    I appreciate you posting this. He said the development costs for DVD were too high, couldn't they just used CDs until DVD storage capabilities were required?

Its never good when a console has a significant disadvantage over its competitors.
    It really didn't hurt the 360 and a DVD Drive would have been too much for SEGA to take, it was already losing on every DC sold and like was said not even MS wanted to pay the licence rate for DVD playback and you had to buy a separate DVD add-on to play Film DVDs on the XBox. It made sense for SONY not just because it manufactured DVD drives but also because it had a huge Film empire too and going to make millions of Film DVD sales alone.
    Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

urusei yatsura Master of Shinobi lumclaw's Avatar

Sorry all I did was argue against 94% of gaming Americans not having a clue of other systems like the Powerbase, the Amiga, Turbografx 16, Neo Geo during the 80s and very early 90s. Only for the ones who made out this was the case, to argue against it and show off Multi-format gaming too.

But I stand corrected and was wrong. 94% of gamers in 80s USA didn't have the 1st clue of SEGA or of other gaming systems like the Turbografx16 and it was all Nintendo.
    Nintendo entered the market as a "savior". The other systems comparable to NES indeed were already outdated or prematurely dead.
    In spite of that, they still are commonly believed to have resorted to illegal price fixing to strengthen their grip (Nintendo dodged admitting guilt by agreeing to a settlement).

Quote Originally Posted by lumclaw View Post
    Nintendo entered the market as a "savior". The other systems comparable to NES indeed were already outdated or prematurely dead.
    In spite of that, they still are commonly believed to have resorted to illegal price fixing to strengthen their grip (Nintendo dodged admitting guilt by agreeing to a settlement).
    The Master system and Turbograf 16 came after the NES and had better spec, and the crash only seemed to have hurt Atari and the likes of Mattel and of course for the rest of the gaming world, there was no crash at all. But like Iíve been told after the Crash, people only knew of Nintendo in the USA.

Btw In Europe Nintendo were fined twice for Price fixing and SEGA were also fined once too.
    Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

Thread Information