Quantcast

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 32X got rid of all my jailbars!

Wildside Expert

https://imgur.com/a/a9Qsqiy
    32x whites are grey, colors dont pop up, its more obvious in person than pictures

Quote Originally Posted by PreZZ View Post
    https://imgur.com/a/a9Qsqiy
    32x whites are grey, colors dont pop up, its more obvious in person than pictures
    Is the top pic from your Genesis directly and the bottom is through the 32x? If so, then yeah I do see the colors more washed out on the bottom pic as opposed to the top one. Can't tell with the whites, but the yellow fuzzl and darker colors from the tree you can see a difference.

Wildside Expert

Top pic is 32x, colors are washed out. Bottom is xeye, both through scart on sony pvm.

Well then I think the top pic looks better according to the photos you took. And if that is the 32x, then I think the 32x overall picture looks better than your stock x'eye does.

urusei yatsura Master of Shinobi lumclaw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CrossBow View Post
    Well then I think the top pic looks better according to the photos you took. And if that is the 32x, then I think the 32x overall picture looks better than your stock x'eye does.

The top pic is worse. Whites shouldn't be gray. And finer details are harder to see. (look at the shading inside the big letter T)

PreZZ are you using composite or RGB? The strange thing is that I found an old topic with someone complaining about the X'eye and how it's own video output looks bad and is told by others that the 32X improves it:
    http://www.sega-16.com/forum/showthr...ye-noisy-video

I have to admit it doesn't look as bad as how PreZZ was describing it out to be but yeah the bottom pic looks slightly better. If you are in fact using RGB, perhaps get a better RGB cable? Or even HD Retrovision cables? Idk, this is certainly strange.

Quote Originally Posted by roadkill View Post
    PreZZ are you using composite or RGB? The strange thing is that I found an old topic with someone complaining about the X'eye and how it's own video output looks bad and is told by others that the 32X improves it:
    http://www.sega-16.com/forum/showthr...ye-noisy-video

I have to admit it doesn't look as bad as how PreZZ was describing it out to be but yeah the bottom pic looks slightly better. If you are in fact using RGB, perhaps get a better RGB cable? Or even HD Retrovision cables? Idk, this is certainly strange.
    The pictures are RGB, and the presence of the 32x is washing out the colors.

Top pic is 32x, colors are washed out. Bottom is xeye, both through scart on sony pvm.

Quote Originally Posted by lumclaw View Post
    The pictures are RGB, and the presence of the 32x is washing out the colors.
    Yeah I'm aware of that, it's just that it's strange that there's an old topic with someone complaining about their X'eye having video problems but the suggestions in it say the 32X makes it look better, but now PreZZ is complaining about the exact opposite (albeit with different specific video problems). I honestly don't know what to suggest anymore.

Wildside Expert

I tried with both my cdx and xeye, same result, my xeye is hands down the sharpest rgb console output i own. 32x rgb uses the same cable as xeye. My guess is colors are flawed with certain 33x models, or both my patch cables from retrobit are crap (i doubt it). Somic 2 intro (white sega logo) is a better exemple, will take pictures later.

I tried with both my cdx and xeye, same result, my xeye is hands down the sharpest rgb console output i own. 32x rgb uses the same cable as xeye. My guess is colors are flawed with certain 33x models, or both my patch cables from retrobit are crap (i doubt it). Somic 2 intro (white sega logo) is a better exemple, will take pictures later.
    If all my other suggestions have failed, I doubt this will lead to anything but I figure what the heck. Can you check the bottom of your 32X and look at the Model No.? See if you have the MK-84000 or MK-84000A model. Although the MK-84000A was mainly to fix freezing problems people were having with the launch 32X models, and it's also not so loosey goosey when attached to a Sega Genesis.

*Edited to fix the Model No. typos*
    Last edited by roadkill; 08-27-2018 at 06:49 AM.

Wildside Expert

Its an mk84000 (not 34000), connection is good, my guess is 32x is ass for rgb (maybe rev a is better?) but improves composite or svideo mod

Quote Originally Posted by roadkill View Post
    Yeah I'm aware of that, it's just that it's strange that there's an old topic with someone complaining about their X'eye having video problems but the suggestions in it say the 32X makes it look better, but now PreZZ is complaining about the exact opposite (albeit with different specific video problems). I honestly don't know what to suggest anymore.
    The person in that topic was using composite video.

Well all I can say is that every 32X I've ever used has never had a problem like this, aside from when I had bent pin in a cheap patch link cable I bought from China, but I straightened the pin back upwards and then it was fixed. That actually caused it to be missing an entire color though, so the screen was greenish or bluish I think (much worse than what is on that pic comparison). I also pulled out the +5v pin from it that's not supposed to be used. I really don't know what the deal is with PreZZ's 32X. It's got to be something internal not working correctly, perhaps a loose solder joint on the A/V input or output, a scratched trace, a wire inside that has come loose, dirty cartridge or cartridge slot pins. Perhaps it's the power supply? Who knows? 32Xes have always been known to have problems ever since they first came out. Everything I have suggested is not fixing the problem. Buy another 32X and see if things still do the same thing. That's all I can say at this point. I'm sorry that I couldn't help you find what the problem was, I really am.

I never had an X'Eye nor a CD-X so I have no first hand experience with either of those combined with a 32X on them.

Its an mk84000 (not 34000), connection is good, my guess is 32x is ass for rgb (maybe rev a is better?) but improves composite or svideo mod
    Woops, sorry. I have bad eyes.

But anyway, I may as well respond to your reply. Yes, Rev. A is always better. The casing of it has a tighter grip on Sega Genesis consoles (at least from my own experience) and it fixed the freezing problems some people were having, but I don't think it had anything to do with fixing video problems. If it's not your connections, then it's something internal inside your 32X that's screwed up. My first guess would be a loose solder joint on the A/V input or output, but I'm betting if you wiggled the cables on those ports and it doesn't make a difference, than it's something else beyond my comprehension.

Or maybe perhaps the 32X just looks worse on your PVM than your X'eye. The 32X looks better on people's TVs/monitors for the most part, but perhaps on your PVM it just makes the picture worse? I have absolutely no idea and that is my final guess. Tbh, that picture you sent doesn't look as bad as I thought you were originally trying to describe.
    Last edited by roadkill; 08-27-2018 at 07:03 AM.

SITE SUPERVILLAIN Outrunner Vector's Avatar

Thank you for your screenshots, info etc regarding svideo =) I have the Rev A (1st 32x version I guess) but there are only 2 of 32x's correct, Rev A and the last version. In your opinion the 1994 32x Rev A or Rev00 (I think mine says that inside like Mars rev00 or w/e) is best for this?
    Last edited by Vector; 08-31-2018 at 09:32 PM.
    My Feedback : http://www.sega-16.com/forum/showthr...orman-feedback
    My Youtube : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKAhCCdRxXo
    Quote Originally Posted by axel View Post
    Is this guy the new forum villain? LOL
    They called me Mr. Glass =)

Quote Originally Posted by Vector View Post
    Thank you for your screenshots, info etc regarding svideo =) I have the Rev A (1st 32x version I guess) but there are only 2 of 32x's correct, Rev A and the last version. In your opinion the 1994 32x Rev A or Rev00 (I think mine says that inside like Mars rev00 or w/e) is best for this?
    Your welcome! Rev A is when you look at the bottom sticker of your 32X and it'll either show MK84000 which is the first revision, or MK84000A which is the 2nd and best revision. Both revisions say Mars rev00 on the PCB.

I just pre-ordered a RetroTINK-2X and I heard that it actually clears up jailbars for a Sega Genesis w/o the 32X, on RGB to component. I'm curious what my 32X will look like on the RetroTINK-2X on S-Video, as well as my Genesis Model 2 that has S-Video on its own. I won't be getting HD Retrovision Genesis component cables because they're too marked up in price, and with the RetroTINK-2X I'll finally have what I've wanted for so long, an affordable S-Video line doubler with 0 lag and HDMI output (and I can use it for my N64RGB w/ HD Retrovision cables also).

I'll take pics when I finally receive one sometime in October.

Thread Information