Quantcast

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Panzer Dragoon Saga

Raging in the Streets Team Andromeda's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Black_Tiger View Post
    Even if that was true, the reason is that Working Designs is responsible for the absolute worst.
    There are behind some of the best IMO. Fantastic translations and also a true commitment to kind of artwork, packaging and colour scans on games discs to their Japanese equivalents. I only wish Bernie didn't pee them off and with it, any hope of Grandia on the Saturn in the West. The SONY translation is a joke
    Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
    one of the best 3D shooting games available
    Presented for your pleasure

Raging in the Streets bultje112's Avatar

grandia would've never been released in the west on saturn knowing how tediously slow working designs were in translating a game.

Quote Originally Posted by bultje112 View Post
    grandia would've never been released in the west on saturn knowing how tediously slow working designs were in translating a game.
    Only Albert Odessy was delayed for ages and lead to the tagline of Working Delays (Magic Knight Rayearth was different) . Most were done in reasonable time frame of 8 months or so and SEGA were still brining games out for the Saturn in late 98 like with Deep Fear for Pal
    Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

Death Bringer Raging in the Streets Black_Tiger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Team Andromeda View Post
    Only Albert Odessy was delayed for ages and lead to the tagline of Working Delays (Magic Knight Rayearth was different) . Most were done in reasonable time frame of 8 months or so and SEGA were still brining games out for the Saturn in late 98 like with Deep Fear for Pal
    Albert Odyssey was one of WD's timelier releases. Shockman 2, Cosmic Fantasy 3, King of Monsters and World Heroes never even got released.
    Quote Originally Posted by year2kill06
    everyone knows nintendo is far way cooler than sega just face it nintendo has more better games and originals

Raging in the Streets bultje112's Avatar

pretty much every working design game took 1-3 years to develop (including all their sega cd games). a huge game like grandia would've at least taken them 2 years meaning a november 99 release on saturn in europe and us. yeah that was very realistic...

Quote Originally Posted by bultje112 View Post
    pretty much every working design game took 1-3 years to develop (including all their sega cd games). a huge game like grandia would've at least taken them 2 years meaning a november 99 release on saturn in europe and us. yeah that was very realistic...
    No they did not, most were done in a 8-month time frame. You are going from when the Came out in Japan to when the USA version came out, not on when WD actually picked up the rights to bring the game out and acutally started work on the project . Popful Mail, for example, took just over 4 months to handle and also Working Desgins did a fab job on the Voice acting too, somthing which terrible back inthe old days for Western versions, one only needs to play Grandia or Castlevania SOTN On the PS to see crappy voice acting and a horrible translation in full effect, hell even SEGA Shenmue was a totoal joke for western voices.
    Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

Albert Odyssey was one of WD's timelier releases. Shockman 2, Cosmic Fantasy 3, King of Monsters and World Heroes never even got released.
    No really it was delayed forever and a day, so much so WD even said sorry for the delay in the Translation notes.
    Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

Nameless One Silence The Fallen's Avatar

That was a great article! Thanks for sharing, man.

I lap up every article about the Panzer games that I can.

When the article was talking about how PDS had possibly been influential, even if in an indirect way, on other more established games, i'm surprised they didn't mention Septerra Core. The designers of that game specifically sited the visual style of the Panzer games as a direct influence and it really shows from the opening cut scene.

Death Bringer Raging in the Streets Black_Tiger's Avatar

No really it was delayed forever and a day, so much so WD even said sorry for the delay in the Translation notes.
    Are the release dates online incorrect? I remember the delays, but I also rented or bought it before the Saturn died. I don't think that it coukd have been delayed nearly as long as Arc the Lad Coll or Growlancer Generations.

But like I said, the fact it made it out at all likely makes it above average.
    Quote Originally Posted by year2kill06
    everyone knows nintendo is far way cooler than sega just face it nintendo has more better games and originals

This is one game I've given up on ever owning. I wold love to play it some day, but I can't bring myself to pay the price.

This article though, really makes me want to splurge the hundreds that I don't have on a copy
    Please check out my YouTube channel

Are the release dates online incorrect? I remember the delays, but I also rented or bought it before the Saturn died. I don't think that it coukd have been delayed nearly as long as Arc the Lad Coll or Growlancer Generations.

But like I said, the fact it made it out at all likely makes it above average.
    It was delayed for over 8 months from when WD said it would ship. If you read the translation notes WD list all the issues they had, the planned stuff they had to cut at the last mine and said sorry for the huge delay with the game. Still it was a stunning RPG and made fun use of the Saturn's sound chip too
    Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

Does anyone on here have the translation notes for Silhouette Mirage for the PSx. I remember reading the notes for MKR saying how good ole Vic fought tooth and nail to get the original names for MKR but then for whatever reasons he changed the names in Silhouette Mirage and those were biblical based and he wouldn't have to go through hell to do that. So what was the deal with that?
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoltor View Post
    Japan on the other hand is in real danger, if Japanese men don't start liking to play with their woman, more then them selves, experts calculated the Japanese will be extinct within 300 years.

(formerly known as 5233) Master of Shinobi Jeckidy's Avatar

Did anyone hear about Saori Kobayashi (the composer) remaking and arranging the PDS soundtrack for release on CD, vinyl and digital just this past January? Lookie:
    https://www.theverge.com/2018/1/24/1...oser-interview

Hope one of you guys got a copy in some format or another. This is pretty amazing!
    "You do not see the world as it is, you see the world as you are."

Master of Shinobi

Quote Originally Posted by Da_Shocker View Post
    Does anyone on here have the translation notes for Silhouette Mirage for the PSx. I remember reading the notes for MKR saying how good ole Vic fought tooth and nail to get the original names for MKR but then for whatever reasons he changed the names in Silhouette Mirage and those were biblical based and he wouldn't have to go through hell to do that. So what was the deal with that?
    The deal is that USA censorship rules are retarded and hypocritical, and anything alluding to sexuality or religion is a big nono and video games lead directly to school shootings and the corruption of the innocent. Just like it did in the 1950s with Rock & Roll, and in the 1970s with hippies.

Man in Black Master of Shinobi IrishNinja's Avatar

good article - working through it, thanks OP

huh...i knew about Cosmic 3, didn't know about the others

Thread Information