Quantcast

Thread: Dreamcast Collected Works (Read only memories) Pre-orders to open soon

The Future Is Yesterday Hedgehog-in-TrainingRaging in the Streets SegataS's Avatar

Dc Dreamcast Collected Works (Read only memories) Pre-orders to open soon

Dreamcast Collected works from the same folks who made the excellent Genesis/Mega Drive Collected Works will be putting the book on Pre-order for those who did not KS it.

https://readonlymemory.vg/shop/

https://twitter.com/ROMvg/status/968810402665680897

Life!? ... What console is that on?

Nice, nice, yes I missed the KS.

The Future Is Yesterday Hedgehog-in-TrainingRaging in the Streets SegataS's Avatar

Pre-orders open

It's finally entering production as SEGA just approved it
    https://twitter.com/ROMvg/status/1133738840479477760

Master of Shinobi

This is pretty nice, but I'd rather wish for a Saturn one. There are so many secrets that need uncovering about that console.

Who's to say that's not the next one they do? They have done Genesis and Dreamcast.

Master of Shinobi

Yeah, and the only reasons I'll buy the Dreamcast one is so they can keep going and do the Saturn next, and also for any Saturn related anecdotes that affected the Dreamcast development.

I'm just hoping they'll do more design documents and interviews this time, as well as more previously unreleased artwork. The Genesis one had something like 50 pages on *sprite sheets* and game screenshots, and those Monster World (I think it was Monster World) artworks that have been re-released so many times now (I remember extracting art from the PS2 Sega Ages games, and they used those exact same images - down to digitalization artifacts - in the book). Well, I suppose it's very valuable for those who haven't seen it, but I got the feeling that the majority of artwork for the 3-4 titles they already had released, and the sprite sheet gallery was just a waste of pages IMO.

edit: but I guess spritesheets won't be an issue for the DC book, and something like a 3d model gallery might be nice, since you can't exactly extract and view those so easily. Just hoping they won't waste pages on filler like PR screenshots which I've already seen back in 2000-1.

Raging in the Streets xelement5x's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by zyrobs View Post
    This is pretty nice, but I'd rather wish for a Saturn one. There are so many secrets that need uncovering about that console.
    I also agree. I got the Genesis one but passed on the Dreamcast one. A Saturn one would be amazing and I'd buy it instantly.
    Quote Originally Posted by StarMist View Post
    A spine card is the hymen of a new game assuring its first owner that he is truly her one and only, and of a used game assuring its new owner that whilst she has been played with in the past that play has never been too careless or thorough.

Thread Information