Quantcast

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Looking for programmers to work on exciting new projects!

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingNameless One Epyx's Avatar

Default Nope

First of all, sorry if this is the wrong place to post this and please move it mods if it isn't!

My name is Kieren and represent Epyx Software, yes, the very same Epyx that produced such classics as California Games, Impossible Mission, Chip's Challenge, Slime World and Jumpman (among many many others!)

This year the Epyx name and brand is being relaunched with a bang and we will be releasing ports of our existing I.P., sequels to these classics and a host of new and original titles too for current gen consoles, Steam, mobile and, of course, retro machines too!

So where do you lot come in I hear you ask?

Well one of the formats we really want to support is the Mega Drive! And I am lead to believe that this is the very best place to recruit coders, artists and musicians to work on these new games.

So do you have a Mega Drive game you would like to get professionally published where you can get paid and earn generous royalties on every cartridge sold?
    Maybe you would love to port Epyx classics such as Temple of Apshai, Jumpman, Pitstop, Blue Lightning, World Karate, Super Cycle or California Games II to the Mega Drive?
    Or perhaps you would like to get involved in producing cartridges, PCBs or designing boxes for these games?

If you answered yes to any of the above or you have any questions then please reply or get in contact with me to discuss further!
    Last edited by BonusKun; 03-10-2018 at 02:19 AM.

Toejam is a wiener. Master of Shinobi SEGA-Jorge's Avatar

I'd love to do some package design and instruction booklet design.

How much do you offer per cartridge sold for a developer if you publish his game?

Loves Lori Bazzil! Raging in the Streets 108 Stars's Avatar

Kieren Hawken? The_Laird?
    Sorry Kieren, but at this point, with all the reputation you have gotten in the Atari community it is not wise for you to speak for a newly formed Epyx.

It immediately raises red flags.

I am just assuming it is you, since you are the biggest Lynx fan I know. And the Lynx was Epyx baby. The list of games you mention is also Lynx heavy.

Road Rasher

A proper (and full) MD version of California Games would be dope.

Quote Originally Posted by 108 Stars View Post
    Kieren Hawken? The_Laird?
    Sorry Kieren, but at this point, with all the reputation you have gotten in the Atari community it is not wise for you to speak for a newly formed Epyx.

It immediately raises red flags.

I am just assuming it is you, since you are the biggest Lynx fan I know. And the Lynx was Epyx baby. The list of games you mention is also Lynx heavy.
    I am part of the company, so yes I can speak for it if I wish.

Not sure why you are choosing to bring up drama from another forum, which isn't true anyway, here but I kindly ask to not derail this thread further with malicious gossip.

A very small part of Epyx's vast library is Lynx games, so that comment seems rather strange.

Quote Originally Posted by Zebbe View Post
    How much do you offer per cartridge sold for a developer if you publish his game?
    Totally depends on the game and the format is the simple answer! But we have already signed up around 20 developers, so it must be fairly good

I choose to bring it up because it is of concern for anyone considering to work with you. I can not say what the intentions are now, maybe Epyx is legit.

But when someone who is shunned by the Atari homebrew community for his past behavior in those circles, I think it is logical to be very cautious of him when he goes elsewhere.

The likelihood of someone accused of being a scam artist in such a large community as the Atari one not being trustworthy when he pops up in new hunting grounds is big.

You can post where you choose, but if Epyx is legit they made a huge mistake having anyone with your past speak for them. A disservice, so to speak. Even if you have reformed, the internet does not forget.

The MD homebrew scene is growing, and it would be sad to see it suffer from creatives and coders being screwed by someone.

What you have been accused of:

-Selling reproductions of homebrew games without the authors' consent
    -Impersonating homebrewers in places using their nicknames to make them look bad
    -Claiming developer credits for games you had nothing to do with only to be called out by the real developers.
    -Questionable reporting in your work as writer

I am sure there is more, but that is off the top of my head. And even in f all was untrue, the Atari community pretty much agrees you are to blame. And that will not go away. So your bad reputation naturally impacts any endeavor that you will be connected with.
    Last edited by 108 Stars; 03-09-2018 at 01:01 PM.

I choose to bring it up because it is of concern for anyone considering to work with you. I can not say what the intentions are now, maybe Epyx is legit.

But when someone who is shunned by the Atari homebrew community for his past behavior in those circles, I think it is logical to be very cautious of him when he goes elsewhere.

The likelihood of someone accused of being a scam artist in such a large community as the Atari one not being trustworthy when he pops up in new hunting grounds is big.

You can post where you choose, but if Epyx is legit they made a huge mistake having anyone with your past speak for them. A disservice, so to speak. Even if you have reformed, the internet does not forget.

The MD homebrew scene is growing, and it would be sad to see it suffer from creatives and coders being screwed by someone.
    Shunned? Are you not aware of Jaguar Sector 3 or something? Or all the homebrews I have been involved in over the last few years?

I am utterly baffled by your scam artist comment, seriously have no idea what that refers to but it's a pretty strong and libelous statement to make.

My reputation within the homebrew scene is exactly why I am involved with Epyx, I already have an excellent track record with this stuff.

Now I suggest that you kindly take whatever grudge you have against me elsewhere, because I'd like to keep this thread drama free thanks.

No, I hold no grudge personally. But I do know you, and I will warn everyone about your bad rep.

the Atari community pretty much agrees you are to blame. And that will not go away. So your bad reputation naturally impacts any endeavor that you will be connected with.
    Sorry I didn't know you spoke for the whole Atari community. Because there are over 3000 people across 2 groups on Facebook and 3 major book publishers that definitely don't agree with you.

There are obviously people who do not know about your past. Which is a bit of a shame. I remember how you landed at Retro Gamer, basically starting a thread calling them a joke for lack of Atari coverage prompting them ro offer you to write up your own articles. That can of course help in becoming a known writer despite your shady past.

I kind of hope CyranoJ or anyone else who is deeper into your history finds time to come here and tell people about you.

Quote Originally Posted by Epyx View Post
    Totally depends on the game and the format is the simple answer! But we have already signed up around 20 developers, so it must be fairly good
    OK. I'm working on a Mega Drive game, you can see some of it here. Would it be of interest?

There are obviously people who do not know about your past. Which is a bit of a shame. I remember how you landed at Retro Gamer, basically starting a thread calling them a joke for lack of Atari coverage prompting them ro offer you to write up your own articles. That can of course help in becoming a known writer despite your shady past.

I kind of hope CyranoJ or anyone else who is deeper into your history finds time to come here and tell people about you.
    There are obviously people who can tell the truth from lies. As the old saying goes, actions speak louder than words.

And now threats too? Wow! Cyrano know nothing about my past other than what his own brain created.

If this is the way things are done at Sega 16 I think I'll just stick to other forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Zebbe View Post
    OK. I'm working on a Mega Drive game, you can see some of it here. Would it be of interest?
    That's definitely something that would interest Epyx!

Thread Information